• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Yves Bissouma

I clearly remember reading Conte was having a go at Biss, saying he wasn’t playing because he couldn’t learn the system or some brick like that. He was a douche.

yes we were 4th when he left, but that was an absolutely false position due to the games in hand others had over us. It it wasn’t for Kane what the hell would that second year Conte team have been like?

The Kane hypothetical just isn't what this thread is for and is a tiresome debate anyway imo - Reality is what it is, what if Barcelona didn't have Messi, or Napoli didn't have Maradonna, who cares because what has happened has happened.

However you slant it based on your view of Conte, we were factually 4th place when he left and it's funny that it bothers people ever so much but this thread is for Bissouma (who we have largely because of the CL football we could offer that we got under Conte). Why not focus on how great it is watching the player now rather than whine (not explicitly aimed at you) about someone we all know wasn't the long term solution for the club and is, or if you must, take it to the Conte thread.

Fingers crossed Biss can continue his form and Ange can perform the same kind of magic with the likes of Richy / Gill etc But let's hope that Ange can also get the same kind of form out of Son and Kulu that Antonio did in the 1st season, GHod forbid I mention another positive thing that mean ol' Conte did ;)

Last edited:
Different types of players. For me maddison is more the player we thought ndombele was going to be. Although both can break lines.
That's fair. I guess its just how he's so press resistant and the way he moves between players reminds me of the high points with Ndombele. Lacking the precise final ball tho.

Sent from my M2102J20SG using Fapatalk

Nothing to do with Yves' injuries, time to settle in to the club or being less suited to a midfield two, alrighty then.

And set the club back by years despite getting 4th in his first season and was in 4th when he left, massive set back there obviously...

What a load of gonad*s mate. Positivity about Bissouma (and Sarr if that's who you meant rather than Cisse) is well deserved but bitching about Conte in this thread is a headscratcher.

It's a big if but whilst Conte isn't historically in to young players all that often I do bet he'd have used Udogie from the off given how confident + strong he looks. As for Sarr it arguably helped him not being in the firing line last season. It's all irrelevant anyways as long as big Ange is getting the most out of these players that's all that matters.
There is simply no doubt in my mind that the change in manager and with it the approach has benefitted Bissouma. The change in his form is just too stark. Ange’s system has more in common with how Potter played at Brighton, pressing higher up the pitch, so it is not surprising that Biss is currently thriving.

There is simply no doubt in my mind that the change in manager and with it the approach has benefitted Bissouma. The change in his form is just too stark. Ange’s system has more in common with how Potter played at Brighton, pressing higher up the pitch, so it is not surprising that Biss is currently thriving.

Got to agree with this. I’ve seen people defend conte on the basis that Bissouma was injured for a lot of the season.

I remember an early game, v West Ham I think, and Bissouma was tinkle poor. And around that time Conte criticised him for struggling to understand how to play the role Conte wanted him to play.

Off the bat, Ange has him playing like the player we thought we’d signed. I’m far from a Conte basher but you have to call it for what it is. Conte didn’t get anywhere near enough out of Bissouma last season. And that’s on him.

Got to agree with this. I’ve seen people defend conte on the basis that Bissouma was injured for a lot of the season.

I remember an early game, v West Ham I think, and Bissouma was tinkle poor. And around that time Conte criticised him for struggling to understand how to play the role Conte wanted him to play.

Off the bat, Ange has him playing like the player we thought we’d signed. I’m far from a Conte basher but you have to call it for what it is. Conte didn’t get anywhere near enough out of Bissouma last season. And that’s on him.

Going back to his comments after the brentford game. He told them at half time to stop over thinking it and simplify what they were doing. That it should come naturally. A 180 on what contes methods seemed to be. Where the players seemed to have very specific instructions. If the ball is there i have to be here. Anges system seems so much more organic and easier to teach as it's based on instinct.

Terribly unspecific criticism too:

On Friday, Conte explained Bissouma’s difficulties since moving to north London.

He said: “The only player that is struggling a bit with the tactical aspect is Bissouma, but also he is improving a lot in every aspect.

“I am sure when we start again and play 12 games, for sure he is another player I can count on but I try to take the best decision for the player because I want to protect the player.”

Bissouma’s only start of the season came in Tottenham’s last league game, the 1-1 draw with West Ham United. The Mali international played 90 minutes, having only managed 31 minutes across his previous five appearances.

“It doesn’t matter if you spend money, you need to have players to go into our idea of football,” Conte continued. “There are players that do this quickly like Richarlison, Lenglet, like Perisic and then other players that need a bit of time.

“Also, the midfielder is a specific role for us, with the ball and without the ball. It’s not simple. I ask for some moments, some positions. They have to be a point of reference in every moment of the game.

“The midfielder for sure, to go into our idea of football is maybe the most difficult position, but we are talking about a player that has great skill, good running.

“With the ball, he’s really good, defensively he has to pay more attention. More attention because especially we only have two midfielders and then they have to be good with the ball and without the ball, but I’m really happy with his signing.

“We need only a bit of time to work with (Bissouma), for him to understand and to understand well.

“Now we have two reliable and important players in Hojbjerg, who for me, he made important progress and now I think he’s a really strong player. The same for Bentancur. Don’t forget Skippy, who is really young.”

Not surprising that having an extra CM (and the fullbacks to help too) makes a difference.

Back