• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Yves Bissouma

I was thinking that too as he was being marked very tightly, sometimes double-marked. I just didn't know whether he wanted another CM to come help him out, or the FBs?
I love his feints as he's so good at selling them. He must be a real pain in the ass to play against, like Dembele was.
He was
Then he wasn’t
They started off touch tight and I think he was “struggling” by his standards
Once he settled he was going through them comfortably
But that doesn’t mean we change our game to suit of course, hence his possible comments and calls

Yep it was arsenal being hyper aggressive in the press to the point where there was a hole in midfield...and hence later maddison started to come deep.

Of course Arsenal couldn't last and with Son on form and Rice injured, Arteta couldn't risk the super press which allowed bissouma into the game.

I thought there were some missed opportunities for Vicario to go long when they had 5 players harassing our back line.

Yep it was arsenal being hyper aggressive in the press to the point where there was a hole in midfield...and hence later maddison started to come deep.

Of course Arsenal couldn't last and with Son on form and Rice injured, Arteta couldn't risk the super press which allowed bissouma into the game.

I thought there were some missed opportunities for Vicario to go long when they had 5 players harassing our back line.

Vicario started going long late in the second half. After arsenal were no longer pressing as much. Which confused me even more.

One small criticism, he needs to learn to release the ball half a second earlier. He gives opponents a chance to get blocks in. We got lucky with two or three yesterday that could have easily fallen better for them. Although the game was played with very little space for most of it yesterday.

Totally agree. Such fine margins sometimes, if he could stay in the more 'assured' part of the margin we really have such a great midfield press-breaking weapon on our hands. Imagine if Bentancur comes back to being the same level he was before injury...woof!

Outrageous.

Didn't manage to impose himself on the game with the ball for the opening 25 minutes of the Arsenal game I thought. Very difficult circumstances and the only period of any game this season where he hasn't looked like the best deep midfielder we've had since Modric.

qhpoo9sfdnrb1.jpg

Another, mostly great game, however, he needs to be more sharp at times, e.g. when Salah got that yellow card on the second half when he dispossesed Salah but kind of showboated a little and got dispossed by Salah again unneccesarily....

Stops those kind of lapses and this guy will be world class

No doubt Biss will be hugely grateful and relieved that the team were able to go on to win the game. I'm glad for him too, there's no point kicking off at him and we won but it's a really Jackie Chan "what?" gif moment.

Ange doesn't seem like the type to lay in to his players publicly but it's hard to make any defense of a dive like that even if the player wasn't already on a booking - it'll be interesting to hear what Postecoglu says or if he'll just avoid the question politician style. Hopefully words will be had internally on the ridiculous number of yellows as well as the "simulation", back in the Bale or Kane days even when in plain sight some Spurs fans couldn't admit both liked to take a tumble.

Even if it's not cool on here to admit he's a good footballer we're lucky to have PEH step in today and obviously even luckier to have Rodrigo able to take his time towards a full but not rushed recovery. The suspensions will rack up the way yellows are handed out but there's no sense in giving refs no options to do so, hopefully we can be a bit more savvy as a collective whilst not losing any of the intensity.

Needs to own his fudge up today and move on.

I know the tactical foul is part of the game, but feel we’ve given a few needless ones away this season, particularly Bissouma, where the danger wasn’t that high but we’ve taken the player out like today and taken the booking for no reason really.

the dive is embarrassing, stop that please.

No doubt Biss will be hugely grateful and relieved that the team were able to go on to win the game. I'm glad for him too, there's no point kicking off at him and we won but it's a really Jackie Chan "what?" gif moment.

Ange doesn't seem like the type to lay in to his players publicly but it's hard to make any defense of a dive like that even if the player wasn't already on a booking - it'll be interesting to hear what Postecoglu says or if he'll just avoid the question politician style. Hopefully words will be had internally on the ridiculous number of yellows as well as the "simulation", back in the Bale or Kane days even when in plain sight some Spurs fans couldn't admit both liked to take a tumble.

Even if it's not cool on here to admit he's a good footballer we're lucky to have PEH step in today and obviously even luckier to have Rodrigo able to take his time towards a full but not rushed recovery. The suspensions will rack up the way yellows are handed out but there's no sense in giving refs no options to do so, hopefully we can be a bit more savvy as a collective whilst not losing any of the intensity.
Why lucky, Isn’t that just part of creating a squad of players? Are Liverpool lucky to be able to have Salah, Darwin, Jota, Gakpo, Diaz up front or is that squad building?

Why lucky, Isn’t that just part of creating a squad of players? Are Liverpool lucky to be able to have Salah, Darwin, Jota, Gakpo, Diaz up front or is that squad building?

Fair point, it's not luck but good squad building which credit has to be given accordingly. It is lucky that many on here aren't in charge of decision making as Pierre is often on the bin list and he has been important despite being written off. Having a player happy to accept a squad role when close to leaving and give his best is a great thing (although not much to do with Bissouma given it's his thread).

Obviously it's good to have options as injuries or suspensions (even ridiculously unnecessary ones) are likely.

Honestly think he has been as good as anybody this season, the cards are a product of his style but also his age.
The first card was stupid beyond belief and the second was fully deserved. I will not defend that by anyone.
But he's made a mistake and will be punished for it, so once he has served his ban let's get behind him, he’s a young player with a big future, he can make it a turning point in his career.

Honestly think he has been as good as anybody this season, the cards are a product of his style but also his age.
The first card was stupid beyond belief and the second was fully deserved. I will not defend that by anyone.
But he's made a mistake and will be punished for it, so once he has served his ban let's get behind him, he’s a young player with a big future, he can make it a turning point in his career.

Absolutely this

The whole "let us down" stuff I have read on multiple platforms needs cutting out. OTT reactions TBH.

Was not good, was braindead but players make mistakes, he will learn and he is a tremendous player.

So what if he gets cards, he’ll pick up a few, have a rest then come back and carry on as before.

It’s a natural rotation and he should play with his natural aggression.

All central midfielders need a break as that position is so hard on the body and it doesn’t matter to me if that break is due to suspension.

Reactions: DTA
Back