• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Yves Bissouma

He would be outstanding along side Bentancur and 1 other in 4-3-3 or 4-3-2-1
I believe Skipp has a lot more room to grow and develop, he could be the one... not that PEH is bad or anything, would be an excellent squad player to have around.

You can probably find other stats where Hojbjerg comes out on top… assists or goals for example

i'm aware.

but i also see that he takes his time to run to do things and almost always rather be in control of the play than supporting it.
likes to stay on the ground and complain of the ref, create drama around a shoe change instead of quickly getting it fixed while play goes on.
gives me the impression that he is a little bit of a prima donna.
if he is ready - yes he gives his all.

i thnk conte tends to controll players a lot and it looks like some players can excel in this approach while others don't.
see spence flying free immediately after leaving spurs on loan.

From what I saw of Brighton while he was there they played a fairly possession oriented game. He had the occasional excellent run, dribble thing, but the vast majority of the time played simple and safe passes. Mostly leaving the creative stuff to others.

I think when he's been at his best for us it's often been when teams have defended deeper and he could play a similar role for us.

In other game states we often try to attack rather quickly. Counter attacking and trying to play through pressure. Higher risk, higher reward moves. Demands different things from central midfielders. PEH gets called out for his lack of technical ability, but he frequently at least tries to move the ball quickly and with purpose (with a decent success rate). Bentancur is really good at it.

I think Bissouma needs time to adjust to that. It wasn't a natural part of his game before. Time will tell how well he adjusts or if he will only come really good if there's a change of style/manager.

Both Bentancur and Hojbjerg play with risk. Bentancur in particular does quite a lot of higher risk small dribbles, good press resistant stuff to get past lines of pressure. Here I hoped for more from Bissouma, looked rather good at that at Brighton. Seems to fit what Conte wants as Bentancur does it quite a bit.

What I really don't quite understand is that he used to be an excellent ball winner for Brighton. Tackling stats aren't a particularly good indicator imo, but they've fallen like a brick since he came here and matches what we've seen in games.

Again perhaps the system, more difficult in a midfield two that is sometimes exposed. But still, I'm surprised and don't quite understand that.

see spence flying free immediately after leaving spurs on loan.

He's played one game for Rennes. I only saw 30 mins of that but he wasnt 'flying' in that 30 mins and also fell asleep to let him man through. Let's not mix things up

Back on Bisouma, some players just take time to bed in, particularly where a manager has a precise way of playing and doesnt rotate much

He's played one game for Rennes. I only saw 30 mins of that but he wasnt 'flying' in that 30 mins and also fell asleep to let him man through. Let's not mix things up

Back on Bisouma, some players just take time to bed in, particularly where a manager has a precise way of playing and doesnt rotate much
I watched most of the match and although he done some eye catching attacking work (and that will get the headlines), defensively there were question marks, mainly around ball watching and awareness.

I watched most of the match and although he done some eye catching attacking work (and that will get the headlines), defensively there were question marks, mainly around ball watching and awareness.
And this is exactly why Conte doesn’t trust him yet.

But did you see the games he had for us. No attack down the wing, no crosses even if there was a chance of a break. He was held back for sure.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Bissouma to undergo surgery
Thu 09 February 2023, 17:00|Tottenham Hotspur

We can confirm that Yves Bissouma is to undergo surgery on Friday to repair a stress fracture to his left ankle.

A timeframe for the midfielder’s return to training will be determined after surgery.

He will begin rehabilitation with our medical staff as soon as possible.

Back