• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Yves Bissouma

This guy is an interesting player. He comes on in 2 matches and in both suddenly we become totally dominant. And yet watching him I cannot figure out why. Is it just the extra man in midfield? Is it that he has good positional sense by staying in space so he can always receive a safe pass? I mean its not that he plays any killer forward passes or patrols outside the opposition box in a menacing manner like he did against us last season in the home game v. Brighton. He doesn't appear to do much beyond recycling so what is his secret?

This guy is an interesting player. He comes on in 2 matches and in both suddenly we become totally dominant. And yet watching him I cannot figure out why. Is it just the extra man in midfield? Is it that he has good positional sense by staying in space so he can always receive a safe pass? I mean its not that he plays any killer forward passes or patrols outside the opposition box in a menacing manner like he did against us last season in the home game v. Brighton. He doesn't appear to do much beyond recycling so what is his secret?
He keeps its simple, its amazing how well that can work when people do this properly. Don’t get it twisted, in keeping it simple it means playing the correct pass at the correct time and not doing a Harry Winks. He is also very good at reading the play and being where he needs to be.

Last edited:
Wow. Really starting to see what he can offer. Telescoping legs to win battles for the ball, strength to hold off rivals, efficient in moving the ball.

He keeps its simple, its amazing how well that can work when people do this properly. Don’t get it twisted, in keeping it simple it means playing the correct pass at the correct time and not doing a Harry Winks. He is also very good and reading the play and being where he needs to be.

It's exactly that and it's a tempo thing, you get you move it you get you move it and so on. He reads the game well and is where he needs to be.

Loved that tackle he won on the half way line where he just bodied the player, stuck out a long leg and wandered off with the ball.

He keeps its simple, its amazing how well that can work when people do this properly. Don’t get it twisted, in keeping it simple it means playing the correct pass at the correct time and not doing a Harry Winks. He is also very good and reading the play and being where he needs to be.

Being the 3rd CM on the pitch cannot be understated also

Interesting that when he comes on as a 3rd CM, he plays as the most central and deepest. Yet Conte has spoken about defensive positioning being the reason for him not playing much so far

When he played for Brighton I always thought he drove well with the ball but hard for him to do in this set-up

Interesting that when he comes on as a 3rd CM, he plays as the most central and deepest. Yet Conte has spoken about defensive positioning being the reason for him not playing much so far

When he played for Brighton I always thought he drove well with the ball but hard for him to do in this set-up
I think his ball retention was frustrating conte
Today he didn’t out a pass awry and nailed his tackles
That was a faultless performance and will excite conte

He uses the ball quickly. Is fast around the pitch, can tackle and is combative. Can carry the ball with a nice swerve of the hips. He has more skill than posters give him credit.

To be honest i never really took much notice of him at Brighton and never really saw why the hype that given to him there was deserved that much. However there is no doubt (imo) that he changed the game when he came on and i look forward to seeing more of him in that deeper role. He enabled both Bentacur and Hojber to push further forward and dominate the game by doing so. Early days i know but the signs are good.

He uses the ball quickly. Is fast around the pitch, can tackle and is combative. Can carry the ball with a nice swerve of the hips. He has more skill than posters give him credit.

Any poster that doesn't consider him skilful just hasn't seen enough of him, as the below indicates:

The key is, rather than overdoing N'dombele style party tricks in dangerous areas of the pitch Bissouma has the guile in tight spaces when required, added with his quick passing and physicality / tackling.

Interesting that he could effectively be our best replacement for Kulu by means of going 532, now Richy is out for a while I hope Bissouma will get a solid run in the team having had a bit more time to get up to speed with what Conte wants from him.

Back