• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Yves Bissouma

When i say evidence, i mean newspaper articles etc
Yes, he benches some, but he starts others from day one...
No he benches players from day one
He even commented that he threw eriksen in because he didn’t have a choice as he had NO players … then he subbed him in that game. I kept an eye on it at the time a I couldn’t see how he fitted in and they were actively trying to sell him in the next January window (publicly)

here’s an article for you on what conte thought of him when they signed him… he was a Moratta signing like ,ost of the ones that were cheap
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/11010966/christian-eriksen-better-inter-milan-antonio-conte/

He even commented that he threw eriksen in because he didn’t have a choice as he had NO players … then he subbed him in that game. I kept an eye on it at the time a I couldn’t see how he fitted in and they were actively trying to sell him in the next January window (publicly)

here’s an article for you on what conte thought of him when they signed him… he was a Moratta signing like ,ost of the ones that were cheap
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/11010966/christian-eriksen-better-inter-milan-antonio-conte/

Thanks for the link. However, none of those quotes seem to suggest he didn't want him, only that he is challenging him to get back to his best (which given his last few months with us was fair comment):

“He still hasn’t found his full fitness, but we are in no rush and not feeling anxious about this.

"We know that we signed a player who can raise the quality level either from the first minute or off the bench.

“I think of what is best for Inter and integrating a new player in the best possible way, whereas others are thinking of other things. He can certainly do better, as the whole team can.”

I can't see anything there that says 'i didn't really want him" etc.

Plus where is this public attempt at selling him a year later? And who/which players did Conte want the club to buy instead of Eriksen?

Thanks for the link. However, none of those quotes seem to suggest he didn't want him, only that he is challenging him to get back to his best (which given his last few months with us was fair comment):

“He still hasn’t found his full fitness, but we are in no rush and not feeling anxious about this.

"We know that we signed a player who can raise the quality level either from the first minute or off the bench.

“I think of what is best for Inter and integrating a new player in the best possible way, whereas others are thinking of other things. He can certainly do better, as the whole team can.”

I can't see anything there that says 'i didn't really want him" etc.

Plus where is this public attempt at selling him a year later? And who/which players did Conte want the club to buy instead of Eriksen?
He doesn’t say he doesn’t want him, that would be stupid
But he did say he was signed by the club when they signed him
Same as Ashley young and also Giroud in the same window
All out of contract, cheap players
It’s literally why he left… they wanted him to keep these and sell the ones he had developed
I’ve followed conte for a long time. I even made comments in here a couple of years ago about his style of management.
For him, when it’s good, its because of him
When it’s bad, it’s the tools he has
But that’s why he wins things, as he knows how to do his job

He doesn’t say he doesn’t want him, that would be stupid
But he did say he was signed by the club when they signed him
Same as Ashley young and also Giroud in the same window
All out of contract, cheap players

Giroud??? But i take your overall point. Tbf to Inter, what did he expect them to do? The funny thing was there was a moment he was being lined-up to take a job where he really wold have had his pick of players regardless of transfer fees - and it was a mutiny amongst the players (who didn't want him) that stopped him getting hired by that club...hmmm...

It’s literally why he left… they wanted him to keep these and sell the ones he had developed

Again, tbf to Inter they also bought him very costly ones, like Lukaku. Plus transfer fees might have been cheap but the wages certainly were not. I think it's didingenuous of anyone (least of all Conte) to blame them for their stance.

I’ve followed conte for a long time. I even made comments in here a couple of years ago about his style of management.
For him, when it’s good, its because of him
When it’s bad, it’s the tools he has
But that’s why he wins things, as he knows how to do his job

Indeed, i do worry this is a bit Jose-esque here; eventually if that IS how he operates it will catch up with him...football is a small world at the top levels imo, and there's only so many new owners that come into the game that you can hoodwink with the "i didn't get out of my easy CL group because i didn't have the tool even though my club has backed me more than most clubs in x league"

So I guess you find it normal to not sub off players who are on yellow cards, who also have defensive duties (both our CMs, our RWB), or players who are completely knackered after 75-80 minutes (this one is more general, not in reference to any particular game)? Honest question, just trying to find the logic in that. Never mind talking about form, will save that "debate" for the Conte thread.

Quite the opposite, I prefer to make changes in those scenarios if I can trust the replacements.
I suspect Conte might see it differently and be looking to include different players as the season goes on.

Haha so recognising that despite the league position (It's Sept) that some areas could be improved on by inclusion of players that are already Spurs players makes it Football manager? Righto
No. Suggesting new toys are just dropped into the team rather it being a process does.

No. Suggesting new toys are just dropped into the team rather it being a process does.

Like when Klinsmann scored on debut?

I'm being extreme but it's not week one of the season and not every player has played to a level that in my mind warrants keeping their role, so it's far from being "football manager" to expect some even subtle changes to players out of form for players I assume were purchased to increase the quality not just depth

Like when Klinsmann scored on debut?

I'm being extreme but it's not week one of the season and not every player has played to a level that in my mind warrants keeping their role, so it's far from being "football manager" to expect some even subtle changes to players out of form for players I assume were purchased to increase the quality not just depth

I refer you back to our zero loses column.
Look at the bigger picture and the marathon of the season. Start with what you know and develop and change in a controlled and stable manner.

Look at the bigger picture and the marathon of the season. Start with what you know and develop and change in a controlled and stable manner.

And the zero loss column is nice but you can't afford to be so blinkered to say, we have not lost therefore I believe everyone has played brilliant because frankly thats simply not true

Wonder if he learnt from the Eriksen experience at Inter. Seemed he became very important in his title season. Conte does seem like a very stubborn man (though also a top top manager we’re lucky to have).

Thats an interesting argument and the same one that was used when Jose was here. The results then were not sustainable and eventually that was proven to be the case. Now i'm not saying that the same thing will happen now or that the situations are necessarily comparable, but to look at a tiny subsection of results and to dismiss any long term concerns is quite head in the sand type thinking imo.

If there are systemic issues (again i'm not saying there are), being aware of them while the results are going well is far more important than only noticing when we lose. You don't get to the top by settling for what you have. Constant improvement is the only way to stay ahead of the curve.

Thats an interesting argument and the same one that was used when Jose was here. The results then were not sustainable and eventually that was proven to be the case. Now i'm not saying that the same thing will happen now or that the situations are necessarily comparable, but to look at a tiny subsection of results and to dismiss any long term concerns is quite head in the sand type thinking imo.

If there are systemic issues (again i'm not saying there are), being aware of them while the results are going well is far more important than only noticing when we lose. You don't get to the top by settling for what you have. Constant improvement is the only way to stay ahead of the curve.
Likewise, Pep will be thinking about how his team got 2 goals in front within 15 mins and then an opponent was sent off, and they only got 1 more goal. They could have had 10 more if they had kept going. Striving for perfection, results in league titles.

You’re absolutely right. I’m delighted with Conte, wouldn’t trade him for anyone including Poch (yes I’m like a lovesick schoolgirl) but results are ahead of performances at the moment. Second half yesterday was encouraging albeit Leicester were suicidally open.

If we don’t improve, we’ll suffer a few bad results. This isn’t as bad as Mourinho-ball or anywhere near it. We have a proper goal threat throughout and the system gives us a very solid base rather than just being a case that we get as many bodies behind the ball as is humanly possible. But some of the signs are still concerning.

Thankfully, I fully trust the man in the dugout to improve them.

I agree entirely and that is the central thread of my whole point - managing and building solutions to the problems in a sustainable and manageable way and viewing them in the context of the full season.

People are calling for immediate change. The results are there - tweaking and development is needed, not change.

Wining when not playing well is a strength.

Is this where we start to also wonder if Bissouma was a club buy rather than a Conte buy? Hmm....

Peresic has certainly had more chances hasn't he...and his pre-season was also disrupted...

Perisic doesn't have much competition for his place and knows Conte's system - much easier to slot in.

And the zero loss column is nice but you can't afford to be so blinkered to say, we have not lost therefore I believe everyone has played brilliant because frankly thats simply not true
Indeed. Which is not something I've said. I've said evolution not revolution is the best approach for the whole season - because it's not Football Manager.

I know we looked good with a 3 in the middle when he came on the other day but do you think we will see a point where he settles in and replaces one of Hojbjerg or Bentancur in a two?

I know we looked good with a 3 in the middle when he came on the other day but do you think we will see a point where he settles in and replaces one of Hojbjerg or Bentancur in a two?
Well he was one of the best CMs in the league at Brighton, imo and if he shows that level for us then there's nothing stopping him from becoming a starter

Back