• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Yves Bissouma

They do but in reality there may be a better alternative that allows that but does more with the ball when getting forward. Emerson doesn't forgo attracting for defender he is just shocking with the ball.in attacking areas, we should wish for better if we want to improve
Agreed.
But we are talking about the current squad, not a fantasy one.
If someone shows Conte something that makes them more valuable to the team unit (I can't emphasize this enough - Conte works on the unit, not individuals), then I expect him to make the change needed.
At present no-one has at RWB this season (I'd argue Doherty did last season, but I think this it's looking more to Romero) and nor has Bissouma.

Hopefully both of those things will change.

Or people want to see new toys when they old ones look busted. I would 100% agree with your sentiment if we were busting it up, but we are not and the glaring areas we struggle have newer, fresher and probably better alternatives that we seem reticent to try out.
We're third in the league.
We haven't lost a game.
We have the same goal difference as the league leaders.
Our only defeat has away in the Champions League.

This is real life, not football manager. We are in good shape. And should have an even better shape to come.

Agreed.
But we are talking about the current squad, not a fantasy one.
If someone shows Conte something that makes them more valuable to the team unit (I can't emphasize this enough - Conte works on the unit, not individuals), then I expect him to make the change needed.
At present no-one has at RWB this season (I'd argue Doherty did last season, but I think this it's looking more to Romero) and nor has Bissouma.

Hopefully both of those things will change.
No one else has been given a sniff of a chance at RWB this season

We haven't lost a game.

This is real life, not football manager. We are in good shape. And should have an even better shape to come.
So I guess you find it normal to not sub off players who are on yellow cards, who also have defensive duties (both our CMs, our RWB), or players who are completely knackered after 75-80 minutes (this one is more general, not in reference to any particular game)? Honest question, just trying to find the logic in that. Never mind talking about form, will save that "debate" for the Conte thread.

We haven't lost a game.

Haha so recognising that despite the league position (It's Sept) that some areas could be improved on by inclusion of players that are already Spurs players makes it Football manager? Righto

Haha so recognising that despite the league position (It's Sept) that some areas could be improved on by inclusion of players that are already Spurs players makes it Football manager? Righto
I agree with you that judging a team's performance based on extremely early league position is about as useful as buying 50 promising RWBs and not playing any of them. We've completed 15% of the season, which while not insignificant, doesn't really mean brick. It's simply not taken any proper shape yet... with that said, I think we should be able to end up 4th or 3rd, but at least after half the fixtures are played, (i.e., you've played every other team at least once), then you get some semblance of an idea where teams might end up.

If this were Football Manager, we'd have Youssoufa Moukoko selling hot dogs in the stands because he can't get ahead of Haaland and Mbappe in the pecking order while the club is driven to inevitable financial ruin.

We are the second best team in the country right now and really haven’t got firing

We are not but I think it's also healthy to be objective and recognise things we can all see with our eyes. Does 3rd in the league mean automatically that Son, Kane, PEH and Royal are playing well? Course it doesn't but yeh...Football Manager hahaha

Is this where we start to also wonder if Bissouma was a club buy rather than a Conte buy? Hmm....

Peresic has certainly had more chances hasn't he...and his pre-season was also disrupted...

I know we have moved up the football money chain somewhat, but i hope he realises sooner than at his previous clubs that this kind of model is not sustainable with us...
We have only brought players he wants
But he also takes a long time to accept a player unless his team is doing poorly (which we’re not)

Back