• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Yves Bissouma

Bissouma seems to like his long floppy sleeves... I wondered if he had a bandage or strapping on his right arm, but see below, this is a novel piece of kit he's wearing.
Did he get a huge scar or something on this right arm?
I Googled and only came up with this old article:

The midfielder, 24, has been a success since joining the Seagulls from Lille in 2018.
But Bissouma said his life hung in the balance following shoulder surgery two years ago.
The Mali international spoke out following criticism of him in the west African country.
Bissouma has won 19 caps, but not played for the national side since 2018.
Coach Mohamed Magassouba has since called him up, but the midfielder has had to withdraw from the Eagles squad through injury.
Bissouma told Malian media: "People speak a lot about me, but they don't know what they are talking about.
"I came within a whisker of dying on my hospital bed.
"I remember I was supposed to wake up two hours after an operation on my shoulder.
"However it took me 13 hours before I came round.
"Afterwards my family never even wished me a speedy recovery. Now they want me to return to the national side - but it doesn't work like that.
"After my operation I worked like a madman to come back stronger. I have nothing against Mohamed Magassouba.
"But my agent rang him many times to discuss my return to the national side, and he never replied.
"He wants the public to turn against me. That is why he kept on selecting me, knowing full well I couldn't play as I had complications after my operation.
"People insult me and my parents. My mum has suffered a lot.
"But it doesn't affect me, as I rise above it all. I don't feel resentful, and I forgive everyone."
Bissouma has made 97 Brighton appearances, scoring four goals, to help Graham Potter's side become an increasing Premier League force.

0_GettyImages-1242783383.jpg

I wonder what Bissouma is thinking right now? He starts one match and he underperforms and he has not had a sniff of starting another despite the fact that the central midfielders keeping him out have not been excelling in every match.

I wonder what Bissouma is thinking right now? He starts one match and he underperforms and he has not had a sniff of starting another despite the fact that the central midfielders keeping him out have not been excelling in every match.
The same as Perisic, Lenglet, Richarlison.
They aren't being rushed into the team - the work is going on in training. It's a long season and everyone will need to be used and be ready.
Richarlison made a huge difference coming on.
Perisic did similar.
They are ready.
Bissouma and Lenglet have been ok. But you don't look at them right now and say "they are the difference makers"

If he's not thinking something along the lines of "keep working hard, be as ready as I can be next time I get my chance, I will get chances because I know I'm good enough" he's not going to have a good time.

The same as Perisic, Lenglet, Richarlison.
They aren't being rushed into the team - the work is going on in training. It's a long season and everyone will need to be used and be ready.
Richarlison made a huge difference coming on.
Perisic did similar.
They are ready.
Bissouma and Lenglet have been ok. But you don't look at them right now and say "they are the difference makers"

And yet we have seen Bissouma in the league for the past couple of years and we know he is an above average player, heck he totally outclassed our central midfield last season. I think I am just surprised that he has only started 1 out of 8 matches.

Does that mean Conte has double standards? I only ask because I do not look at a player like Emerson and think he is a "difference maker" and yet he has started all 8 matches.

I guess Spence is easy enough to explain away as "not ready yet".

Doherty for me is more difficult. Was very good until his injury towards the end of last season. Not a traditional difference maker, but definitely made a difference.

My only explanation would be that Conte thinks we need that added defensive solidity. Or that Conte thinks Royal will continue to improve?

We were rather solid defensively last season with Doherty too mind.

Missed pre season with covid & then injury - playing catch up on the training field atm i would have thought

We are halfway through September. They should all be ready and integrated in the training methods/playing style enough by now!
Bissouma, Spence and Lenglet should all have played more minutes than they have so far, If we are comparing the form of who they could replace.

If there have been injuries (I know Bissouma and a small one couple weeks back) then ignore all the above but seriously.. They could all be massive upgrades given the chance, brick its why they were brought in no?

We are halfway through September. They should all be ready and integrated in the training methods/playing style enough by now!
Bissouma, Spence and Lenglet should all have played more minutes than they have so far, If we are comparing the form of who they could replace.

If there have been injuries (I know Bissouma and a small one couple weeks back) then ignore all the above but seriously.. They could all be massive upgrades given the chance, brick its why they were brought in no?

We've only 2 weeks where we've had 2 games, bissouma and lenglet played in one of the games. We'd had a 6 day rest before yesterdays game. Perisic and richarlison started. They were not players that started at the beginning of the season.

Does that mean Conte has double standards? I only ask because I do not look at a player like Emerson and think he is a "difference maker" and yet he has started all 8 matches.
Has anyone come on and looked like a difference maker at RWB?

It also overlooks my core point about being new to the squad, system, set up etc. If Spence comes on and suddenly looks like he offers something we need that Emerson doesn't, then Conte has to answer that question.
Perisic and Richarlson have done just that.
None of the other newbies have yet - so if it isn't broken, don't fix it and allow the newbies to I. Settle in, II. Prove they should be in ahead of someone else.

We get too obsessed with the shiny new toy and expect them straight in the team.
As has been pointed out, the signings are designed to strengthen the squad. To offer depth for what will hopefully be a long season and to offer different styles.

I guess Spence is easy enough to explain away as "not ready yet".

Doherty for me is more difficult. Was very good until his injury towards the end of last season. Not a traditional difference maker, but definitely made a difference.

My only explanation would be that Conte thinks we need that added defensive solidity. Or that Conte thinks Royal will continue to improve?

We were rather solid defensively last season with Doherty too mind.
Emerson allows Romero more freedom to go forward.

We get too obsessed with the shiny new toy and expect them straight in the team.
As has been pointed out, the signings are designed to strengthen the squad. To offer depth for what will hopefully be a long season and to offer different styles.

Or people want to see new toys when they old ones look busted. I would 100% agree with your sentiment if we were busting it up, but we are not and the glaring areas we struggle have newer, fresher and probably better alternatives that we seem reticent to try out.

Last edited:
Emerson allows Romero more freedom to go forward.

They do but in reality there may be a better alternative that allows that but does more with the ball when getting forward. Emerson doesn't forgo attracting for defender he is just shocking with the ball.in attacking areas, we should wish for better if we want to improve

They do but in reality there may be a better alternative that allows that but does more with the ball when getting forward. Emerson doesn't forgo attracting for defender he is just shocking with the ball.in attacking areas, we should wish for better if we want to improve
We have better already
Just not getting played and won’t anytime soon

Has anyone come on and looked like a difference maker at RWB?

It also overlooks my core point about being new to the squad, system, set up etc. If Spence comes on and suddenly looks like he offers something we need that Emerson doesn't, then Conte has to answer that question.
Perisic and Richarlson have done just that.
None of the other newbies have yet - so if it isn't broken, don't fix it and allow the newbies to I. Settle in, II. Prove they should be in ahead of someone else.

Has anyone actually come on at RWB?
Moura briefly once
Even when since came on it was for a CM

Back