• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

You are the Ref

If the ref hasn't already blown, has a rule been broken if he then plays on?

Agree with gale and arcy in essence. This is no different from a player scoring after committing any foul, but before he ref had time to blow his whistle. It's still a foul. As long as the ref considers a dive "bad enough" that it should be given as a free kick to the other side I can't really understand why the goal would change his mind.

Agree with gale and arcy in essence. This is no different from a player scoring after committing any foul, but before he ref had time to blow his whistle. It's still a foul. As long as the ref considers a dive "bad enough" that it should be given as a free kick to the other side I can't really understand why the goal would change his mind.

You could argue the dive was a body feign or 'trick' the same as a Cruyff turn. I feel if the player dives and is looking for a foul, asking the ref, then it would be a foul in my view.

What rule are you giving the free kick for?

If the referee was going to blow his whistle, which is implicit in the scenario, then he must have been going to stop play for the dive. In that case, he must also be entitled to disallow the goal and bring play back. I say no goal.

Attempts to deceive the referee by feigning injury or pretending to have been fouled (simulation), must be sanctioned as unsporting behaviour which is misconduct punishable by a yellow card.

Attempts to deceive the referee by feigning injury or pretending to have been fouled (simulation), must be sanctioned as unsporting behaviour which is misconduct punishable by a yellow card.

That's what I thought, is he still trying to deceive the ref if he plays the ball after falling? I need to go back a page and read the strip again.

Na but he played on and scored. If he stopped and looked at the ref to blow for a foul, I think then you can say he's cheating.

Na but he played on and scored. If he stopped and looked at the ref to blow for a foul, I think then you can say he's cheating.

Yes, but the strip says 'you intended to blow your whistle and book him' because he broke the rules. What happens afterwards is irrelevant - i.e play is stopped and brought back

Yes, but the strip says 'you intended to blow your whistle and book him' because he broke the rules. What happens afterwards is irrelevant - i.e play is stopped and brought back

i think thats open to interpretation then. You added the bit because he broke the rules, but for me if he stops and looks for the freekick to be awarded, then it's a foul but while the play continues if only for a second, it should be allowed to stand

Andros-Townsend-You-are-t-001.jpg

Is question one about the wearing of accessories on the face? And that a player must remove the accessories before entering the field of play, except for when such accessories are worn to protect the player from injury. I believe that the whole manager issue was thrown in to the question as a distraction.

I'd send off the guy who threw the arm in the face, for raising his hands to the face of another. I would be tempted to send off the other player, who bit the fingers, too. But, I get the feeling that this could be viewed as a defensive act and as such would think that perhaps a yellow card could suffice.

Depends what the free kick is for. If the player picking up the ball is the goalkeeper, and the whistle is blown as a result of an infringement committed by the keeper then that suggests the keeper picked up the ball outside of his area? I think with this one, a drop ball would be the final outcome. I think that the referee would speak to the linesman who would confirm that he said the keeper could pick the ball up. I believe that the clashing of the two players mentioned would come in to it too, to decide whether there was to be an advantage to either side.

And I expect I'm on a zero for that effort.

if its a real tash tell the manager to do one and kick off

send em both off

talk to the lino, decide who was right (about it being a back pass), if it was you book the keeper and award an id-fk, if it was the lino restart with a drop ball

Last edited:
1. Something about bringing a foreign object on to the pitch. Potential yellow card.

2. 2 red cards. Tell Suarez he should really see someone about this as its becoming an issue.

3. Free kick remains. Keeper shouldn't have asked and linesman shouldn't have answered. Who's the ref anyway??

Tough ones.

1. The ref's duty here is to start the game on time with 22 players on the pitch wearing proper kit, with nobody else on the field of play or hurling abuse from the sideline.

So, order player to take tache off in the same way he'd be asked to remove jewellery or problem boots. Tell manager to leave field of play and stop abusing. For both of them, escalate to yellow and red cards if they don't comply and you are unable to start the game on time.

2. "Pushing face" needn't be a red, but piece says "shoving", which probably is. The bite is red too I think. So 2 reds.

3. If the asst. said it was ok, you can't sanction the keeper. So, when ref finds out what asst. said he reverses his original free-kick decision and awards an uncontested drop ball in the keeper's favour.

Back