• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

You are the Ref

1. Goal
2. Penalty and red card for denying a clear goalscoring opportunity.
3. YOu are not allowed to do that I think. Not sure you can give a penalty though. Probably an indirect free kick. Perhaps he can be sent off though for saving a certain goal.

Huh?

I'll have a look around..

Edit: It's the most recent edition so the answers have yet to be released. However i'll post a different one that has answers.

You-are-the-Ref-Lloris-005.jpg

(Quoting your post to get the questions onto page 2 ;) )

1. Goal. Second phase. Good work, Gomes.
2. Ref can award penalty, though not because of demand by player. Depends how much time has elapsed in terms of playing the advantage.
3. Indirect free kick on six yard line. Book the midget.

I think the answers to Fridays questions are in Mondays Guardian, Keith Hackett writes the response I believe.

Hackett's answers to the questions in the OP:

1) Dry your face, ignore the laughter and call both players to you. First, the defender. He is guilty of unsporting behaviour in rolling the winger off the pitch, but he did not use excessive force – so it is a yellow card for him. Second, the winger. He's guilty of attempting to strike an opponent, which leaves you with no option: send him off, and restart with a direct free-kick for the initial trip.
2) No. In the time available, you cannot judge what effect these lenses will have. Your instinct may be that it represents unsporting behaviour, but really this is an issue to be dealt with by the authorities after the game. Provided they have not delayed the taking of the kicks, allow the shoot-out to continue.
3) Allow the goal. The defender should react to what he is seeing, not to what is being shouted. If the attacking player had shouted "Leave it!" or "My ball!" then I would have disallowed the goal and cautioned the forward for deceiving an opponent, which represents unsporting behaviour. As it is, this is the sort of shout that happens plenty of times in a game: defenders need to be alert.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/24/you-are-the-ref-michael-laudrup#

As Crawley said I think.

Cheers Jay.

Tempted to start a new thread if another is to be posted.

If it is posted in here think people will ignore it.

1. Disallow the goal due to offside as he has interfered with the goalkeeper's judgment by being in the wrong position (could be another phase of play but I'm not sure).

2. Give the penalty. I'm not particularly sure of the rules here but he could play advantage and bring back the play if the trip was effective?

3. I'm not sure but my guess would be to let play continue.

Hackett's answers to the questions in the OP:

1) Dry your face, ignore the laughter and call both players to you. First, the defender. He is guilty of unsporting behaviour in rolling the winger off the pitch, but he did not use excessive force – so it is a yellow card for him. Second, the winger. He's guilty of attempting to strike an opponent, which leaves you with no option: send him off, and restart with a direct free-kick for the initial trip.
2) No. In the time available, you cannot judge what effect these lenses will have. Your instinct may be that it represents unsporting behaviour, but really this is an issue to be dealt with by the authorities after the game. Provided they have not delayed the taking of the kicks, allow the shoot-out to continue.
3) Allow the goal. The defender should react to what he is seeing, not to what is being shouted. If the attacking player had shouted "Leave it!" or "My ball!" then I would have disallowed the goal and cautioned the forward for deceiving an opponent, which represents unsporting behaviour. As it is, this is the sort of shout that happens plenty of times in a game: defenders need to be alert.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/24/you-are-the-ref-michael-laudrup#

As Crawley said I think.

Love you. x

Wouldn't the throw be given to the other side instead or does the slipping actually matter?

1. throw in to the other team, is still a foul throw.
2. Goal, no advantage gained from the dive.
3. Kick him in the 'nads.

Don't they blow free kicks against diving though?

I think I've seen quite a few situations where a player goes down, the refs blows a whistle, all the defenders look at the ref with their heart in their mouths thinking he's blown for penalty, but he's giving a free kick the other way and the diving player a yellow card.

Couldn't he do the same here?

Don't they blow free kicks against diving though?

I think I've seen quite a few situations where a player goes down, the refs blows a whistle, all the defenders look at the ref with their heart in their mouths thinking he's blown for penalty, but he's giving a free kick the other way and the diving player a yellow card.

Couldn't he do the same here?

If the ref hasn't already blown, has a rule been broken if he then plays on?

if he's already blown the goal is irrelevant, if he hasn't blown and he considers it a dive then he should give the fk and a booking

If the ref hasn't already blown, has a rule been broken if he then plays on?

He hasn't 'played on' - player simply managed to poke the ball before the ref blew.

Similar to playing advantage, then going back later to book the 'guilty' player.

Back