• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Yevhen Konoplyanka

Why would you want Adebayor to stay as our #1 striker?

I would be very disappointed if we are reliant on a man paid extremely well (£100k-ish a week I believe) despite him literally picking and choosing his matches.

I would be very disappointed if we are reliant on a man paid extremely well (£100k-ish a week I believe) despite him literally picking and choosing his matches.

Oh be fair! Against Villa Adebayor ducked under Eriksen's cross and Vlaar headed it back out to Rose... Rose crossed it back in and Adebayor ducked under it again to allow Baker to score the own goal.

You just can't coach that kind of talent, without Adebayor wimping out of heading the ball twice in succession that would never have been such a beautiful goal.

I do not believe he picks and chooses when he performs. Under Harry he was brilliant for us, under AVB he was not under Sherwood he's been our best player along with Hugo and Eriksen. I think if we have two or three players behind him who can contribute to the scoring then he's prefect for us. There's not many strikers we can afford who I would want instead, with the exception of Bony perhaps.

Liverpool in heavily for Lallana tonight. Can't imagine they will be able to off Konoplyanka the game time

So...with Liverpool going for Lambert does that mean there will be one less competitor for Konoplyanka? 8-[

Do we need him?

Would he displace Erkisen form the left hand side?

If so, then Eriken would move centrally presumably, meaning we'd have a ton of central options - we'd have to move some on I just don't fancy another load of upheaval.

Do we need him?

If so, then Eriken would move centrally presumably, meaning we'd have a ton of central options - we'd have to move some on I just don't fancy another load of upheaval.

He would be perfect for us. Fast, direct, brave, confident. Like you said, it then frees up Eriksen to roam around and take games by the scruff of the neck, with Lamela then playing on the right.

Do we need him?

To some extent I think it depends where Poch sees Paulinho playing. I see our 10 midfielders next season being something like:

------------New CM------Sandro
-----------(Paulinho)----(Capoue)

---Lamela-------Eriksen------New LM
(Townsend)-----(Holtby)-----(Chadli)

or

-----------(Bentaleb)----(Capoue)

---Lamela-------Paulinho------Eriksen

So basically, if Paulinho is going to be used in the Steven Davis role and Eriksen in the Lallana one, then we don't need Kono.

But if Paulinho is seen as one of the deeper two and Eriksen as a #10, then we could certainly use Kono (as an upgrade on Chadli).

He would be perfect for us. Fast, direct, brave, confident. Like you said, it then frees up Eriksen to roam around and take games by the scruff of the neck, with Lamela then playing on the right.

He's smart and plays with his head up too.

For £12m (release clause), I'd just straight swap him for Lennon, leaving us more balanced with two RWF (Lamela and Townsend) and two LWF (Kono and Chadli).

To some extent I think it depends where Poch sees Paulinho playing. I see our 10 midfielders next season being something like:

-----------(Paulinho)----(Capoue)

---Lamela-------Eriksen------New LM

or

-----------(Bentaleb)----(Capoue)

---Lamela-------Paulinho------Eriksen

So basically, if Paulinho is going to be used in the Steven Davis role and Eriksen in the Lallana one, then we don't need Kono.

But if Paulinho is seen as one of the deeper two and Eriksen as a #10, then we could certainly use Kono (as an upgrade on Chadli).

Where does Rodriguez fit into all this?

West Ham have tabled a £12million bid for Dnipro winger Yevhen Konoplyanka, Sky sources understand.

West Ham have tabled a £12million bid for Dnipro winger Yevhen Konoplyanka, Sky sources understand.

They're like us 10 years ago, trying their luck early on in the window to sign some decent players but we'll see who they have signed by 1st Sept. Anyone they get a sniff at will probably get nicked by better clubs.

I will be a touch p#ssed off if WH sign him. At that price I think w should be sniffing around. I was impressed by his exploits in the EL games

Back