• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup QF - Brazil vs Colombia

Feel sorry for Neymar, but in a way Brazil brought it upon themselves for their outrageous rough behaviour/tackling against Columbia. I've never seen such a dirty performance from a Brazil team

True that. It was a bad tackle that should have been a yellow, but when the ref allowed so much dirty play from both sides for the entire match, something like this was bound to happen.

@OptaJoe: 54 - A total of 54 fouls were committed in #BravsCol tonight, the most in any game at this World Cup so far. Feisty. [-X

@danrumens: James and the giant grasshopper :eek:
Bruz_RxCUAAxXPw.jpg

The grasshopper explains all the kung fu James had to suffer during the match. I've not seen a player targeted like that for a long time and the ref did nothing.

Not really surprised Colombia went down tamely to Brazil. The ref gave all the 50-50 decisions to Brazil but don't think Colombia did enough to trouble Brazil. I think Colombia were not mentally strong to go against the home team and their crowd. James Rodriquez did well to score the late penalty which is his 6th goal in this WC. Other than that, he was tightly marked and unable to make an impact. It remains to be seen how much Neymar's injury will affect Brazil.

What were the really big calls the ref supposedly got wrong? I'm not seeing this bias people are speaking of at all. Everyone just dislikes the brazilians

I can think of far worse divers than Neymar. Our own bale being one.

What were the really big calls the ref supposedly got wrong? I'm not seeing this bias people are speaking of at all. Everyone just dislikes the brazilians

I think people are just envy of all the hosts, regardless of where it is being hosted. But this WC will be an anti-climax if Brazil don't win it. Just imagine, Brazil failed to win at home in 1950. And after waiting 64 years to host the WC for the second time, surely Brazil has to win it this time. I am a Argentina fan but it will be somewhat wrong if Brazil don't win their own WC yet again.

Bale doesn't dive, he "avoids getting kicked" :lol:

There wasn't any outrageous decisions but Brazil were kicking lumps of out Rodriguez and the ref just let them get away with it, did he actually book any Brazilians? Meanwhile Rodriguez got booked for something so miniscule and the free kick which Luiz scored was never a foul. I wasn't surprised as the host nation ALWAYS gets the rub of the green see South Korea 2002.

Don't take this as me bashing Brazil but they really are living off past glories. Even with about 20 minutes to go they were booting the ball into the crowd despite losing 2-0 just trying to get rid of the ball. Glenn Hoddle was spot on again, too many teams play Brazil and play the shirt rather than the team, they haven't been a great side since 2002. And as much as I would love to see a Brazil v Argentina final, I can't stand seeing them get decision after decision every game.

Don't take this as me bashing Brazil but they really are living off past glories. Even with about 20 minutes to go they were booting the ball into the crowd despite losing 2-0 just trying to get rid of the ball. Glenn Hoddle was spot on again, too many teams play Brazil and play the shirt rather than the team, they haven't been a great side since 2002. And as much as I would love to see a Brazil v Argentina final, I can't stand seeing them get decision after decision every game.

Can't blame Brazil for playing unexciting football now. They used to play beautiful football in 1982 and 1986 but couldn't win the WC. They only won the WC in 1994 and 2002 after playing effective but ugly football. Notice that even their fans are no longer complaining about not playing beautifull football. Football is all about winning trophies now and no longer about entertaining fans. Hope Spurs will learn from Brazil.

Fair point. But psychology of teams through their past glories is important. I never for one moment felt Colombia would knock brazil out despite all the clamour. Colombia historically never beat Brazil. Brazil was the host nation. It just feels like they have to go through. And Colombia played their part. They were not even in the game really until the penalty. I don't think they lived with the brazilians intensity.

It's certainly not one of my favourite brazilian sides at all. But I appreciate that they need to be as pragmatic as they are showing in order to stand a chance. I mean will they ever produce a team with Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and Rivaldo all up top. That is potentially the 3 best players in the world at that time. I hope a world cup win will inspire the next superstar from Brazil. I have been warming to Neymar since the confeds cup last year. But nowhere near the way I used to marvel at the likes of Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Romario etc

Nawty, nawty Brazil [-X

@OptaJoe: 10 - Fernandinho has committed 10 fouls in his last two World Cup matches without being booked. Bruiser.

@OptaJoe: 1 - Brazil's most aggressive performance in a World Cup game (1966-2014). Graphic.

Bru9IPFCYAA2kbG.png:small

[VINE]MUDDblPhXZ2[/VINE]

Feel sorry for Neymar, but in a way Brazil brought it upon themselves for their outrageous rough behaviour/tackling against Columbia. I've never seen such a dirty performance from a Brazil team

i couldnt tell how hurt he was or if he was even injured as he pulls that face every time he goes down. its a shame hes out however

No sympathy for him.

He's the worst kind of diving little bitch. He'd fit in well at Chelsea.

My bad, I missed the numerous occasions you must have ****ged of Gareth Bale for being such a diving cheat.

For the record Naymar has been the most fouled player in the competition to date

Back