• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup QF - Brazil vs Colombia

Brazil will have to pull their finger out, if they put up a performance like the 4 so far Colombia will murder them.

On current form, Colombia can beat Brazil. But unlike Brazil, Colombia don't have any experience of playing at this stage of the WC before. So, Brazill will have the psychological advantage. Also, just can't see Brazil losing to a fellow South American team and wasting their chance to win back the WC on their home for the first time, after the way they failed to do so in 1950.

On current form, Colombia can beat Brazil. But unlike Brazil, Colombia don't have any experience of playing at this stage of the WC before. So, Brazill will have the psychological advantage. Also, just can't see Brazil losing to a fellow South American team and wasting their chance to win back the WC on their home for the first time, after the way they failed to do so in 1950.

Chile gave them a very hard time and were essentially only undone by the fact that they had no player taller than Aaron Lennon (or thereabouts). That's how Brazil managed to score their one goal in normal time and that's how Brazil put pressure on Chile by going direct.

Colombia will be a completely different challenge and I can see Brazil losing to them for sure.

Psychologically Brazil will no doubt be as motivated as a team can be, but I don't think there's any reason to doubt that Colombia will also be sufficiently motivated. I think there's more of a danger of the pressure getting to Brazil whereas everything from now on is a bonus for this Colombian side. Overall if anyone has the psychological advantage I think it will be Colombia, not Brazil.

Not particularly a fan of this Brazil side, but as i want to see an Argentina v Brazil final i'm hoping they progress. Think they will too.

BrsFxo-CIAAtUsT.jpg

BrsE1Q_CMAAFSDa.jpg

Colombia have played very well, but can they get much better?

Brasil have played poorly by their standards and I think can raise their game substantially. They also have Neymar who can add something special.

So I think Brasil should win but it makes for an interesting match. An early Colombia goal would set it up nicely.

Not particularly a fan of this Brazil side, but as i want to see an Argentina v Brazil final i'm hoping they progress. Think they will too.

My thoughts exactly. Colombia have been my favourite team to watch so far, but the idea of a Brazil v Argentina final in Brazil is something that doesn't come along very often

I don't dislike Brazil at all but why does everyone always insist on bumming the host nation? It's a bit sycophantic and cringe worthy.

I don't dislike Brazil at all but why does everyone always insist on bumming the host nation? It's a bit sycophantic and cringe worthy.

I'm usually the same, but Brazil is different. They have a history of great football, so I have a soft spot for them. If they go out tonight I think riots and protests will disrupt the rest of the tournament (perhaps rightly so, but that's a different topic...)

columbia are the team "du jour" but they really haven't beaten anyone, Greece, South Korea, Ivory Coast, the weakest of groups and then a Suarez -less Uruguay in disarray, I think Brazil raise their game today and win a tad cosily.

i think for the pundits its probably because they are at the location, and can feel the vibrant atmosphere of the home fans. and so they want the host to do well, and say this on tv. and because the pundits have said it, the fans watching on tv start to think the same, without really knowing why they should want the hosts to do well

Here we go, get your hankies out.....Brazil national anthem time

Back