• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup Group G - Germany, Portugal, Ghana, USA

Which two teams will progress to the next round?

• Germany and Portugal

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Germany and USA

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • Germany and Ghana

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Portugal and USA

• Portugal and Ghana

• USA and Ghana

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dempsey was replaced by Erikssen no? I know who I'd prefer to see kicking a ball around. As I say Dempsey is an ok player nothing more. The lack of interest from top clubs tells a lot IMO.

I trust my eyes. Eriksen is potentially great but let's face facts, he hasn't done it yet, he hasn't dominated big games (in fact, he's gone missing) and given that, when i wanted some of our matches last season to possibly be won, being able to bring Dempsey on would've been massive. The man has scored big goals in big games wherever he's been. Again, I understand that you don't remember Falco, but players of this type are very very important. Let me ask you this, who would you rather? Pique or Puyol? You wouldn't right? Because you need both!

Spot on. The US has played better football than England have so far during this WC and, looking at the future, I can see them progressing at a faster rate too. It's been almost 50 years since we won the WC, and we have one semi-final appearance between then and now (24 years ago) and I'm not sure if we're heading forwards or backwards at this point. The US national team will overtake us shortly, possibly by the time of the 2018 WC on current trends. Just because they don't have the amount of money in their domestic league to attract the top players doesn't mean that there aren't some very good players playing over here. The English team has failed to deliver anything at all since '96 has been consistently over-rated during the period. If the US were to play England today, I'd probably have take a sneaky bet on the US to win.

I don't think it would be so sneaky mate...

I trust my eyes. Eriksen is potentially great but let's face facts, he hasn't done it yet, he hasn't dominated big games (in fact, he's gone missing) and given that, when i wanted some of our matches last season to possibly be won, being able to bring Dempsey on would've been massive. The man has scored big goals in big games wherever he's been. Again, I understand that you don't remember Falco, but players of this type are very very important. Let me ask you this, who would you rather? Pique or Puyol? You wouldn't right? Because you need both!

Puyol all day long but I get what you're saying.

A map showing World Cup winning countries

World_cup_winners.png

Possibly but there are a lot of very good footballing countries that have never won it and the US could just as easily become another one of them

Spot on, at least if we're talking about reasonable time frames.

I think people underestimate how hard it is to win and how much luck goes into it too.

A map showing World Cup winning countries

World_cup_winners.png

Just wondering. Isn't there a mistake with that map ? Uruguay have 2 titles and should have the same colour as that of Argentina. Instead they have the same colour as England and France.

Uruguay is the blob below Brazil, and is coloured in correctly.

The one to the north is French Guiana, stretching it a bit to claim a World Cup, if everyone France nicked a footballer from got to count it the whole of North Africa would be coloured in :-#

Edit - it is France apparently, cheeky bastards still got their Empire going.

Just wondering. Isn't there a mistake with that map ? Uruguay have 2 titles and should have the same colour as that of Argentina. Instead they have the same colour as England and France.

This is where Geography comes in. Uruguay is the bit between Brazil and Argentina. The Cyan bit at the top is part of France so that is why it is coloured in that way.

The one to the north is French Guiana, stretching it a bit to claim a World Cup, if everyone France nicked a footballer from got to count it the whole of North Africa would be coloured in :-#

Just noticed it. Didn't realise French Guyana is still ruled by France. As for Uruguay, it is amazing a nation as small as Uruguay used to dominate World Cup and Olympics up until the 1950s.

I just read that it's part of Europe too which is a bit weird considering it's not.

Cannot wait for this game today. Everyone in NYC is basically stepping out of work for two hours from 12-2. Streets/bars going to be nuts.

Back