• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup Group D - Uruguay, Costa Rica, England, Italy

Which two teams will progress from the group?

• Uruguay and England

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Uruguay and Italy

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Uruguay and Costa Rica

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England and Italy

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • England and Costa Rica

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Italy and Costa Rica

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
but i don't think italy were that good in euro 2010. i don't think they were ever that convincing in that tournament. and despite getting to the final, they only won 2 games in that campaign. one of which was against ireland.

I still don't see any argument against starting Pirlo without mentioning players that are properly good that should start instead.

That would be great! Not available to lfc and unsellable. :ross: If only [-o<

Btw, did anyone see different angles of the incident? I thought it was strange that you have only seen the one angle, usually you see key incidents from multiple angles and in the U.S. at least I've only seen the one.

Next WC will we need a "Chewie Suarez Bite Cam"?

Norwegian tv showed at least two angles during the regular broadcast. I can just about guarantee that they don't have their own production team and are just showing the official FIFA feed. Don't know if you guys over there have your own production team?

****ing bite marks in his shoulder

Yeah, looked pretty conclusive. As did the video along with the reaction from Chiellini.

There is also the double movement, he moves in with his head and then changes direction and goes in with his mouth. No one headbutts leading with their mouth.

Thats true but you seen it many times when a player just leans in with his head using the top of his head rather than his actual forehead therefore his mouth would be in very close proximity with his shoulder. Eh im playing devils advocate. The chances are he did bite him and Suarez' reactions, judging by the BBC etc, were very much subdued and an 'oh **** what did I do moment'

Wow...

Wonder if one or two clubs/managers previously interested in bringing Balotelli in this summer have changed their minds after that.

Italian players in the dressing room waiting for Prandelli to show respects..Balotelli is on the team bus on his own

Wow...

Wonder if one or two clubs/managers previously interested in bringing Balotelli in this summer have changed their minds after that.

Anyone at a big club would be an idiot to be interested in the first place. Berlusconi called him a rotten apple while he was still at City and I believe he has later admitted it was a mistake to sign him.

Like Suarez, supremely talented but it comes at a price

True, only Suarez is considerably better (at this point at least) and usually gets away with what he does during the game at least.

It doesn't work quite like that ;)

Someone else might have done better if they had started instead. Bottom line is: You can't trust him to perform.

True, but I still think Prandelli didn't have much of a choice considering the quality of the other strikers available to him. Essentially he gambled on Balotelli having a good tournament and lost.

Rossi
el Shaaraway - Totti - Candreva
Pirlo - de Rossi
di Sciglio - Chiellini - Barzagli - Darmian
Buffon​

Would have smashed the group

I'm not sure a better manager could I've improved things much.

Talent-wise we probably have the 3rd/4th best team in the group. Our fitness levels aren't great. Our players are, without exception, thick. We lack the culture of keeping the ball. Most of our players are professionals because they were faster/stronger than their peers at an early age.

Until we work out how to get this country producing intelligent, cultured footballers it really doesn't matter who we stick in charge.

I agree with you 100%, don't say that too often :)

Just to expand a bit on Scara's post, our players have to be the most massively overrated bunch in world football:

Jack Wheelchair - What is he good at? Besides falling over and spitting at taxi drivers?

Wayne Rooney - Probably had about 2-3 world class seasons in his entire career and a measly 1 World Cup goal to his name.

Joe Hart - Lauded as the best keeper in the world a short while ago.

Steven Gerrard - Wonderful player at club level, done diddly squat in tournaments.

Even going back to players like Beckham who never achieved more than an appearance in the quarter final of a tournament but was still heralded by people in this country as one of the greatest players in the world.

There are many things we are good at in this country; producing great music and films for example. Overrhyping our exports is another thing we are good at.

Just to expand a bit on Scara's post, our players have to be the most massively overrated bunch in world football:

Jack Wheelchair - What is he good at? Besides falling over and spitting at taxi drivers?

Wayne Rooney - Probably had about 2-3 world class seasons in his entire career and a measly 1 World Cup goal to his name.

Joe Hart - Lauded as the best keeper in the world a short while ago.

Steven Gerrard - Wonderful player at club level, done diddly squat in tournaments.

Even going back to players like Beckham who never achieved more than an appearance in the quarter final of a tournament but was still heralded by people in this country as one of the greatest players in the world.

There are many things we are good at in this country; producing great music and films for example. Overrhyping our exports is another thing we are good at.

How many of these players are rated as highly overseas? I think that our press are implicit in over hyping the premier league and that involves over hyping any young player that comes through at the bigger clubs.

Back