• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup Group D - Uruguay, Costa Rica, England, Italy

Which two teams will progress from the group?

• Uruguay and England

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Uruguay and Italy

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Uruguay and Costa Rica

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England and Italy

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • England and Costa Rica

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Italy and Costa Rica

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How many of these players are rated as highly overseas? I think that our press are implicit in over hyping the premier league and that involves over hyping any young player that comes through at the bigger clubs.

It's the same way the English press reacted to Sherwood as a messiah for being a young English coach in a top job. They are desperate to see a decent young English player and as a result go absolutely mental when one shows some early signs of promise. They must have a mission statement passed on to them from the FA to appease the nation. Personally I'd like to see a few journalist's going to town on the FA and their methods from the top down.

I think you are right also about the English players. A lot of them are comfortable where they are earning more in a week than someone of a greater skill level in Germany. Most probably wouldn't even consider leaving England but then again maybe we should look at the fact that not many offers are made for middle tier English players from abroad.

Since you asked

Bridge On The River Kwai
The good James Bond films
The King's Speech
Trainspotting
Lawrence Of Arabia
The Third Man
The Harry Potter Films
The Ipcress File
The Italian Job

Jurgen, you somehow missed ....

The Dambusters
Colditz
Ice Cold in Alex
The Malta Story
and of course Dunkirk, where our brave boys struggle home and hope for better in the next campaign. An oft-told tale.

Since you asked

Bridge On The River Kwai – old, dated. The roy hodgson of movies.
The good James Bond films – wayne rooney has good moments here and there too.
The King's Speech – i’ve never seen it. Probably not good.
Trainspotting – the main actor is not English. Should gareth bale have played for us this summer?
Lawrence Of Arabia – i don’t watch movies made before i was born.
The Third Man – look above
The Harry Potter Films – only good set of movies in this list. Modern and exciting. The jack Wheelchair of English movies.
The Ipcress File – a 2nd rate bond. And even james bond is a 2nd rate mission impossible.
The Italian Job – a poor man’s oceans 11

;)

Maybe we should take the British film talk to random where we can all agree that Carry On Columbus is massively underrated

Bridge On The River Kwai – old, dated. The roy hodgson of movies.
The good James Bond films – wayne rooney has good moments here and there too.
The King's Speech – i’ve never seen it. Probably not good.
Trainspotting – the main actor is not English. Should gareth bale have played for us this summer?
Lawrence Of Arabia – i don’t watch movies made before i was born.
The Third Man – look above
The Harry Potter Films – only good set of movies in this list. Modern and exciting. The jack Wheelchair of English movies.
The Ipcress File – a 2nd rate bond. And even james bond is a 2nd rate mission impossible.
The Italian Job – a poor man’s oceans 11

;)

:ross:

Trainspotting - English director

Bridge On The River Kwai - One of the finest films ever made.

Jurgen/Neymar, please take the film talk to Random. Neymar's ignorance will get lost in a day or so in this thread and we need to keep this gold ;)

Is it just me, or is Daniel Sturridge starting to get a bit spacegoated? First Woy mentions "if Daaniel takes those chances we probabaly go on and win" and then Phil 'conceded a dumb-last-minite-penlaty' Neville then says "at this level you don't get many chances and when you do you have to take them, and Daniel had a few and so he needs to step in thee" or words to that effect, anyway on BBC.

Did Rooney who REALLY missed key chances get this much public comment from Phil and Woy? Wondering if Daniel has cheesed off some people and is now being put back in his place a little :-k

Is it just me, or is Daniel Sturridge starting to get a bit spacegoated? First Woy mentions "if Daaniel takes those chances we probabaly go on and win" and then Phil 'conceded a dumb-last-minite-penlaty' Neville then says "at this level you don't get many chances and when you do you have to take them, and Daniel had a few and so he needs to step in thee" or words to that effect, anyway on BBC.

Did Rooney who REALLY missed key chances get this much public comment from Phil and Woy? Wondering if Daniel has cheesed off some people and is now being put back in his place a little :-k

I was thinking this as well.

I haven't got subtitles on, what did he say?

That England have stood still for 20 years, always been talk but nothing gets done. In 2 years time they'll say the same thing, but it's not about 2 years time, it's about now.

Chris Waddle speaking a lot of truth regarding England on BBC1 right now.

Good to hear. It doesn't do anyone any favours when people like Tony Gale, Danny Murphy and Harry Redknapp say things like we shouldn't fear Colombia, Argentina, Brazil etc, they should fear us.

Back