• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup 2018 Round of 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Balls of steel from Dier because he’s been terrible this World Cup and was particularly bad when he came on.

To step up to take a pen under those circumstances and under that pressure and score it shows that this lad has character. Delighted for him because he’d have been murdered by the press if he missed.

i'd add Neymar there too - that's why I can't stand brazil, as good as they are going forward and actually strong overall as a team they are proving to be now

Neymar is such a grade a uberclam it's hard to compare him to anyone. Even Ronnie seems like a nice guy compared to him. Brazil are toss.

Well i think that Southgate needs to grasp the nettle and drop Sterling, the guy's confidence is shot and it's like playing with ten men.

That's harsh. He's played in a scratch side and come on when we were on the back foot.

At one stage, he had a pass completion rate of 28%. He was brought on to keep it tight and simple, not give the ball away.

Even for Walker’s brain fart, he got a ball, dallied on it despite having a chance to get it forward and knocked a terrible negative pass to Walker who proceeded to do what Walker does.

Dier was terrible and I don’t like saying that because I like the lad. But he showed some character with the penalty.

He's got to play Rashford imo. Of Sterling, Vardy and Rashford, Rashford offers the most. Vardy was rubbish off the bench and bottled the shootout, Rashford has the b0llocks to take one and deserves to start next game.

I was amazed Vardy didn’t take one but Dier said Southgate selected the five takers.

Well i think that Southgate needs to grasp the nettle and drop Sterling, the guy's confidence is shot and it's like playing with ten men.
Both Sterling and Lingard were utter brick. Sterling is carried at Emirates Marketing Project and Lingard is very hot and cold. What Rashford has to do to start I don't know.

Both Sterling and Lingard were utter brick. Sterling is carried at Emirates Marketing Project and Lingard is very hot and cold. What Rashford has to do to start I don't know.
I could understand it if he were defensively suspect, but he chased down as much as Sterling and a fudgepile more than Vardy.

At one stage, he had a pass completion rate of 28%. He was brought on to keep it tight and simple, not give the ball away.

Even for Walker’s brain fart, he got a ball, dallied on it despite having a chance to get it forward and knocked a terrible negative pass to Walker who proceeded to do what Walker does.

Dier was terrible and I don’t like saying that because I like the lad. But he showed some character with the penalty.

I don't think that is fair. He was no worse than the players around him whilst he was on the pitch. He was obviously brought on to see out the ninety but are probably not what you want when you need an extra time goal, especially when the rest of the team are dead on their legs and your only world class player is carrying a knock. We should reserve judgement until he gets a chance to start in the first team.

Balls of steel to take the penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back