• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup 2018 Round of 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I have to go to a bloody wedding on Saturday, ffs. Weddings, what are they good for? Why do people get married, ffs?! What's the big fudging deal?!

So instead of having a few beers with my mates watching the football, I'll have to listen to uncle this and that for four fudging hours. Thank you Christianity for inventing marriage! fudge off.

And I have to go to a bloody wedding on Saturday, ffs. Weddings, what are they good for? Why do people get married, ffs?! What's the big fudging deal?!

So instead of having a few beers with my mates watching the football, I'll have to listen to uncle this and that for four fudging hours. Thank you Christianity for inventing marriage! fudge off.

You’ve got three days to sleep with one of them to get it called off.

Got phucking work on Saturday, hopefully we can go in extra early and then stop for a couple of hours. Otherwise it's the radio...won't be doing every weekend soon, not soon enough though haha.

I'm not a Sterling fan and have been calling for him to be dropped, but tonight he was quite good. He showed a lot of intelligence with his movement and kept looking for where he could do the most damage. I'd actually keep him in for Saturday as I think he will contribute quite well to the match against Sweden.

Lingard has some magic in him, but he was quite poor when it mattered. He was slow in getting his head up and could have got us a couple more goals if he had just looked at what was on. Henderson was another who had an average night imo. He was too often standing on the defenders toes and making a flat back four in possession. If the intention was to draw Colombia out, they didn't fall for it. Tripps had a poor final 30, but fair play to the lad for banging in that pen.

My only real problem is again the formation. There are big plusses to it, but we have only one real goalscorer on the pitch and the formation seems to have him spending more time linking up the attacks than being on the end of them. it's good the rotation we have with Kane doing that, but when the other players can't finish, it's a problem.

Vardy you bottler. Where was he? Spurs 3 from 3. Well done lads

Tells you everything you need to know about Vardy. It really is disgraceful that he didn’t step up.

Vardy just doesn't seem to know what he's doing or care at all.

Didn't chase anything, didn't take up useful positions, went hiding when it came to penalties - worst kind of pussy

He can only play one way (latching onto a ball over the top) and England don’t play that way - thankfully - so it was a waste of time taking him.

Got phucking work on Saturday, hopefully we can go in extra early and then stop for a couple of hours. Otherwise it's the radio...won't be doing every weekend soon, not soon enough though haha.

Maybe Chich will want to watch the game too and will be happy to take a break before getting back on it.

I don't think that is fair. He was no worse than the players around him whilst he was on the pitch. He was obviously brought on to see out the ninety but are probably not what you want when you need an extra time goal, especially when the rest of the team are dead on their legs and your only world class player is carrying a knock. We should reserve judgement until he gets a chance to start in the first team.

Balls of steel to take the penalty.
Nah. He was crap.

Stood up when it counted though.

Watching the highlights, guess who was supposed to be marking Mina for the equaliser but let him run free...

I'm not a Sterling fan and have been calling for him to be dropped, but tonight he was quite good. He showed a lot of intelligence with his movement and kept looking for where he could do the most damage. I'd actually keep him in for Saturday as I think he will contribute quite well to the match against Sweden.

Lingard has some magic in him, but he was quite poor when it mattered. He was slow in getting his head up and could have got us a couple more goals if he had just looked at what was on. Henderson was another who had an average night imo. He was too often standing on the defenders toes and making a flat back four in possession. If the intention was to draw Colombia out, they didn't fall for it. Tripps had a poor final 30, but fair play to the lad for banging in that pen.

My only real problem is again the formation. There are big plusses to it, but we have only one real goalscorer on the pitch and the formation seems to have him spending more time linking up the attacks than being on the end of them. it's good the rotation we have with Kane doing that, but when the other players can't finish, it's a problem.
I have to call you out on the Sterling thing. His control was pretty abysmal IMO, and turned the ball over time after time.

Got to feel something for all those gooners, scousers, gypos, neo-nazis and folks in the home counties, torn between wanting England to win and our players to miss.

Really? I thought Trips was excellent tonight... great big gonads penalty too

Didn't think it was one of his better games. Should have cleared the goal imo and by his standards, he was a bit nervy on the ball. I remember him playing a couple of really good passes but also messing up simple ones, he's normally very tidy in possession.

Don't get me wrong, he's done nothing to oust Henderson which is a pretty low bar. I just don't think that he's had much chance to shine in the time he's had.
Well in the chances he has had in this tournament he has played it uber safe, even when he wasn't under any real pressure. He is better than Henderson and has shown it in the past, but hasn't been brave enough in the minutes he has had. I'm sure tonight he was probably given the instruction to keep it simple but that all changed with the equaliser. He needed to be a bit more progressive on the ball I thought.

But all that aside, the pressure on that penalty was huge. It will make him feel a thousand feet tall whereas ratboy can go do one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back