• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Will Scott Parker be a spurs player on 2/9/13

Will Scott Parker be a spurs player on 2/9/13

• Yes

Votes: 22 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 33 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Surprised by the sheer amount of hatred shown towards Parker here. And it does appear to be hatred towards one of our players by some. What has he done that has tinkled people off so much on here?

Surprised by the sheer amount of hatred shown towards Parker here. And it does appear to be hatred towards one of our players by some. What has he done that has tinkled people off so much on here?

Agree. He had another bad game tonight. But I will always forgive a player that puts everything in. That's why I'm so harsh on players that don't try enough.

No one thinks he is anywhere near Sandro's level, we've been spoilt by his performances this season.

10/10 for effort tonight, but he's just not good enough for a top 4 team. His lack of basic tactical awareness both in defence and attack frighten me for the arsenal game. Now he has lost a yard of pace it seems he cannot defend too. I would even consider having Livermore and Him in for Arsenal just to help track their midfielders.

How long are we going to keep flogging this horse?
Or is his bad form because he is "Just back from injury?"

We should look at present performances not past.

And he is doing OK. I think a lot of people on here want him gone and therefore won't cut him any slack anymore. Maybe it's even go so far as to say they pounce on every mistake he makes and gloss over anything positive. I noticed in the match thread that Dembele would make a mistake and no one commented on it, but if Parker made a perceived mistake people really stuck it to him.

10/10 for effort tonight, but he's just not good enough for a top 4 team. His lack of basic tactical awareness both in defence and attack frighten me for the arsenal game. Now he has lost a yard of pace it seems he cannot defend too. I would even consider having Livermore and Him in for Arsenal just to help track their midfielders.

Just to clarify this point, he was a regular in last years team that finished top four. He has been a regular since Sandro got injured (and we've had some good results during this period, including tonight) and we are lying third.

Just to clarify this point, he was a regular in last years team that finished top four. He has been a regular since Sandro got injured (and we've had some good results during this period, including tonight) and we are lying third.

Tim Sherwood has a league Winners medal. I just think that we are making games a lot Harder for ourselves with Parker making so many mistakes in advanced areas and Dembele shirking attacking responsbilities. It looks like the roles they are playing are reversed; which is counter productive. I also believe that Parker has lost a lot of solidity in his defending. He appears to be mistiming tackles or bouncing off players; and I believe his injury last season played it part. If we had someone like Diame in there instead of him we would look a lot more solid. However at present he appears to be the only Alternative we have to Sandro.

Tim Sherwood has a league Winners medal. I just think that we are making games a lot Harder for ourselves with Parker making so many mistakes in advanced areas and Dembele shirking attacking responsbilities. It looks like the roles they are playing are reversed; which is counter productive. I also believe that Parker has lost a lot of solidity in his defending. He appears to be mistiming tackles or bouncing off players; and I believe his injury last season played it part. If we had someone like Diame in there instead of him we would look a lot more solid. However at present he appears to be the only Alternative we have to Sandro.

Richly deserved too. He was excellent the season he won it.

I think you are ragging on Parker because of prejudiced reasoning, but I am happy to be proven wrong. I think Parker is an excellent player for us, and there is little between him and Sandro other than the fact Sandro is younger. Parker uses the ball better has better positioning/movement than Sandro. Sandro is more aggressive and better in the tackle and makes excellent recovery tackles. Dembele was playing deep when Sandro played too. It surprised me at the time how often Sandro would be the more advanced of the two. Did he play that deep at Fulham does anyone know?

Richly deserved too. He was excellent the season he won it.

I think you are ragging on Parker because of prejudiced reasoning, but I am happy to be proven wrong. I think Parker is an excellent player for us, and there is little between him and Sandro other than the fact Sandro is younger. Parker uses the ball better has better positioning/movement than Sandro. Sandro is more aggressive and better in the tackle and makes excellent recovery tackles. Dembele was playing deep when Sandro played too. It surprised me at the time how often Sandro would be the more advanced of the two. Did he play that deep at Fulham does anyone know?
Sandro still has the most interceptions out of any player in Europe despite being out injured since the QPR game, that to me shows how amazing he is positionally. He releases the ball a lot quicker, and his added physicality and Athleticism is a bonus in this modern PL. Parker's tackling this season has been terrible, Dembele supersedes him in this respect. Lets not alleviate Parker of criticism because he's a good bloke. He is now lacking the physical ability as well as the footballing ability that Sandro has, and a lot of other PL midfielders have.

And he is doing OK. I think a lot of people on here want him gone and therefore won't cut him any slack any more. Maybe it's even go so far as to say they pounce on every mistake he makes and gloss over anything positive. I noticed in the match thread that Dembele would make a mistake and no one commented on it, but if Parker made a perceived mistake people really stuck it to him.

I have to agree with this and it is bordering on shameful. I know people have their favourites but some Spurs players seem to get off with little criticism and other players get pilloried for little or no reason. The match rating thread sometimes reads like my favourite player thread rather than a subjective analysis of the match

Do I think Scott has had his day? Yes I do unfortunately, but tonight I would say Vertonghen, Holtby, Ade, and Lennon for 70mins all played worse than Parker. The peno was rash but the ball was there to be won.

I thought that Parker had a very decent game tonight - penalty aside.

He certainly put in a good shift and got forward very well.

Obviously, Sandro is ahead of him in the pecking order but Parker is a more than adequate replacement while the Brazilian is out injured.

I have to agree with this and it is bordering on shameful. I know people have their favourites but some Spurs players seem to get off with little criticism and other players get pilloried for little or no reason. The match rating thread sometimes reads like my favourite player thread rather than a subjective analysis of the match

Do I think Scott has had his day? Yes I do unfortunately, but tonight I would say Vertonghen, Holtby, Ade, and Lennon for 70mins all played worse than Parker. The peno was rash but the ball was there to be won.

There was no need to make the challenge though, I was always taught to stay on your feet, force the mistake and not dive in. On the halfway line you can afford to be rash not in the penalty area you'd have thought that after 16 years as a pro he'd have learnt that.

I think he'll retire here and end up coaching in some form.

Or performing keepy-uppies on a McDonalds advert.

Not his best game last night, but it wasn't really his kind of game either I thought. Their hoofball strategy left him bird watching defensively for much of the game and their defensive set up meant that his slow passing hindered us going forward. The Arsenal game should be much more his kind of game where hopefully he'll be able to win possession in good areas as they pass it around in midfield and we might be able to attack more on the break meaning that he wont' be as involved going forward.

Will obviously be important for the rest of the season, what happens in the summer will depend on what we can do in the transfer market. He's one of our highest paid players I think and getting up there in age, not the perfect squad/backup player in that respect, but still good and his experience isn't a bad thing. If AVB can get a new defensive midfield target in for a reasonable fee I think he will do so and that would probably mean that Parker would be on his way, but if not then I think we'll be happy keeping him around for another season.

Long term I do think getting more players capable of quick, effective passing into our side will be important. If we can do that this summer then that would be great.

Clearly the ball wasn't there to be won, Carroll had it at his feet and could dink it away from Parker as he slid in. Just looking at what was the outcome it seems pretty clear to me that the opposite of what you say is true.

Staying on his feet, going for a block would have been a better option. That being said it's a quick decision in a crowded penalty ares, he just made the wrong decision. It happens and doesn't make him a terrible player.

Parker sometimes really slowed us down yesterday, dwelling too much on the ball.

That's not entirely his fault, however, as our movement in the opponent's half was pretty brick at times - which it has been lately. It doesn't make it easier for him or the defence to make that forward pass.

Parker hasn't been up to his usual standards so far this season, which I think has got something to do with us losing Modric. With Modric by his side, Parker would always have an option to pass, because Modric is a master at looking for space and making himself available.

I don't think the difference between Sandro and Parker is that big in terms of quality, I just think Sandro is more suited to our current set-up. Plus he's younger, and will improve. That's why I think Parker's time at Spurs will be up by the start of next season.

Back