• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Will Scott Parker be a spurs player on 2/9/13

Will Scott Parker be a spurs player on 2/9/13

• Yes

Votes: 22 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 33 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shropshire Yid

Hossam Ghaly
In my opinion, I think he will be sold come the summer and replaced as Sandro is number one in that role and he just doesnt seem the same player.

Plus he must have about 5 touches every time he gets the ball and slows everything down.

Saying that, he has great defensive qualities and is a real leader, was shocked Gallas was skipper over him last night!

just would like to know who thinks he will still be at the club after the next transfer window.....

I voted no because I do not want him to be.

I feel bad for the fella though because I know a player or two in the Dressing room and they both say that he is a model professional / family man.

Yes, I think Parker is still a valued member of our squad and he'll still be part of it for the 2013-14 season.

You simply don't get rid of players of his quality on a whim.

He's a reliable squad player that is more than capable in filling when needed, so i'd like him to stay. Why get rid? Also, we don't want to be going down the road Wenger went down which was to rid of all the experienced players within the squad, experience is much needed for a number of reasons within all squads.

He's far from good enough for the first team, but not many teams have players that good as backup.

We just have to hope our midfield don't suffer any long-term injuries.

As long as he's willing to stay as backup to Sandro, I think he'll probably be staying. But perhaps AVB will want to cash him in for a younger model, who knows?

I expect him to be back at Wet Spam... or wherever Harry next shows his face. He has turned into Ray Wilkins, and forgotten how to pass forward. I have got so frustrated in the last few natches watching himi... it is always sideways or backwards, often with a slo-mo pirouette for good measure. if he (accidentally) passes it forwards he generally gives it to the opposition. I can only recall one or two effectiove passes from him last night... the ball out to Ade when he almost put Bale in, and one through pass to Bale at the end of the first half that Bale failed to read... that was about it. Time moves on for this model professional. If he stays, he will not play much, so I see him being sold.

Last edited:
The thing is, Parker and Sandro will always get injuries because of the roles they play. Ok you can get an injury from anything and from any position, but because they are tacklers of the ball they are more likely to put their body on the line and ge tinjured more I reckon. We will always need back up to Sandro and/or Parker as they will get injured againm, especially now that Sandro has had 2 serious knee injuries in his career.

I'd say Parker is a decent squad player, meaning he can fill in for Sandro when he's injured or needs to be rested for the occassional game.

But when you have to rely on him for half a season or more? No thanks....

Will be a less important player, but will definitely still be here. Can we really trust Sandro to stay fit for a full season?

No for me, i was at the game yesterday and the consensus among the fans is that he slows the game down too much, his better days are gone and i believe he is not suited to AVB's plans for the future.

No for me, i was at the game yesterday and the consensus among the fans is that he slows the game down too much, his better days are gone and i believe he is not suited to AVB's plans for the future.

This is the truth. Maybe it is time to actually buy Moutinho. Dembele/Sandro/Moutinho/Livermore/Hudd/Carroll is a good pool of CM's

This is the truth. Maybe it is time to actually buy Moutinho. Dembele/Sandro/Moutinho/Livermore/Hudd/Carroll is a good pool of CM's

i think we have missed the boat with Moutinho ( never know though) i would like to see us go back for M'villa. Get shut of Hudd and bring Carroll into use more.

i think we have missed the boat with Moutinho ( never know though) i would like to see us go back for M'villa. Get shut of Hudd and bring Carroll into use more.

Doubt M'Vila would leave Rubin so soon after joining them. I'm sure we can get a similarly-skilled player without all the headaches that might potentially come with him (heard he can be a bit tempestuous at times).

Back