• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is bony really that much of an upgrade on Adebayor? Im talking player wise not attitude wise!

I think Adebayor will be the main man for Pochettino and I really can not see us buying a striker unless someone offers us decent money for Soldado

Very few players are an upgrade on Ade Mk1, however Ade Mk2 is often present for large portions of a season.

Ade unfortunately is a massive risk to bet on.

Very few players are an upgrade on Ade Mk1, however Ade Mk2 is often present for large portions of a season.

Yeah, someone with a "lower ceiling, but higher floor" that's more consistent could be an upgrade on an inconsistent, but at times brilliant player. Ade is a bit like Balotelli like that, although not a nutter like Balotelli.

We'll see about Ade as the preseason progresses. When the triple training sessions and detailed instructions on how to play as a lone striker and initiate pressing from the front has gone on for a while I'm guessing Ade will either stick or twist.

Have to agree with that. Wages and transfer fees come into it too I suppose, but I think Bony has settled superbly in the PL and only got better as the season went on. Ade out Bony in wouldn't be the worst bit of business we could do.

Swansea will probably look to double the 12 mill they paid for Bony, of course that's if they want to sell. I see Gomis as back up to Bony tbh. In think they would rather sell Michu

So would we risk 20 to 25 mill on Bony?

Swansea will probably look to double the 12 mill they paid for Bony, of course that's if they want to sell. I see Gomis as back up to Bony tbh. In think they would rather sell Michu

yes

Prefer spending that on Benteke.

Tottenham open talks over Bony & Ben Davies moves

30 Jun 2014 12:30:00

Spurs feel the Swansea striker would be the perfect spearhead for their strikeforce next season and have also held discussions to sign the promising Welsh left-back

By Greg Stobart

Tottenham have opened talks with Swansea over deals to sign striker Wilfried Bony and defender Ben Davies.

Swansea want £20 million for Bony but Spurs believe they can agree a compromise on a player who joined the Welsh club for £12m a year ago.

Spurs have also held discussions with the Swans over a move for left-back Ben Davies, although sources at both clubs claim no fee has yet been agreed.

Bony is understood to be keen on a move to White Hart Lane and Spurs feel he would be the perfect fit to lead their strikeforce after he scored 26 goals in all competitions last season.

The 25-year-old former Vitesse striker has jumped ahead of Romelu Lukaku on Tottenham’s summer wishlist, with the cheaper transfer fee a factor as well as Spurs’ poor boardroom relations with Chelsea.

Swansea want Gylfi Sigurdsson, most probably on loan, included in the deal but new manager Mauricio Pochettino is not yet ready to sanction the midfielder’s departure.

Pochettino wants to assess the squad in pre-season before making sweeping changes, but he has told the club he wants to sign a central defender, left-back and striker as priorities.

Davies is a long-term target to improve Tottenham’s problem left-back position and they have made progress on an £8m deal to sign the 21-year-old Welshman.

His potential arrival will raise questions over the future of Danny Rose, who has made it clear he wants to play regular first team football again next season.

As reported earlier this month, Spurs have also targeted QPR forward Loic Remy, who will wait until after the World Cup before deciding on his future amid interest from Arsenal.

Southampton centre-back Dejan Lovren is Pochettino’s top choice to strengthen his defence, with club captain Michael Dawson told he can leave amid interest from Hull and QPR.

Emmanuel Adebayor is expected to remain at Tottenham but the club will listen to offers for Roberto Soldado, who joined last summer in a £26m but scored just six Premier League goals.

Pochettino is understood to have already spoken individually to most of the players in the squad ahead of the start of pre-season next month.

The Argentine was hired to replace Tim Sherwood after proving his ability to get the best out of players and improve youngsters at Southampton.

He has told academy products such as Andros Townsend and Nabil Bentaleb in private meetings that they play a big part in his plans for next season.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2014/06/30/4925434/-

Emmanuel Adebayor is expected to remain at Tottenham but the club will listen to offers for Roberto Soldado, who joined last summer in a £26m but scored just six Premier League goals.

This is a big worry for me

Surely the club wont have Bony and Ade as the main strikers with ANC coming up in january.

This is a big worry for me

Surely the club wont have Bony and Ade as the main strikers with ANC coming up in january.

Yes, if this is true I would have been happy with Ade going and Bony coming and keeping Soldado who I still think has much to offer....

Ade, Bony, Soldado and Kane?? I suppose we have ok cover during the ANC if we have those four, but for the rest of the season 1-2 of them will be almost mutinous due to lack of game time.

It's not ideal, but perhaps Kane or one of the even younger players could fill in?

I don't think that would be OK for a side chasing a CL spot.......both players could be away for up to 6 weeks and who knows what condition/frame of mind they will come back in for the final crucial months of the season. We've had probs with Ade before with his trips to Africa iirc. We would need better cover than Kane or a youngster imo

It's something which needs to be taken in to consideration but not so big of a problem that it calls off any potential bid.

It's something which needs to be taken in to consideration but not so big of a problem that it calls off any potential bid.

I'd argue that it is a serious, serious problem, especially if we plan to keep Ade around as well. Come January, that means we'll have Kane and Chadli (should he stay) as our only forward options. Not good, imo. Well, not yet anyway: given a few years, Kane wil probably improve considerably, but he's not someone I'd bet my house on right now.

Of course, if we've already planned to write off this season as a transitional one then there's no problem, but I don't see why we would keep Ade in that case: let him go, and use his wages to improve other areas of the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back