• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
What i mean is... If we're after Bony for 20 odd mil then he'll be coming in as first choice, you'd imagine - if that's the case get him in and then work your second/third/fourth choice strikers out to combat the couple of weeks he misses in Jan. Don't pass over a primary target because you have a back up/squad player potentially competing in the ACN as well.

What i mean is... If we're after Bony for 20 odd mil then he'll be coming in as first choice, you'd imagine - if that's the case get him in and then work your second/third/fourth choice strikers out to combat the couple of weeks he misses in Jan. Don't pass over a primary target because you have a back up/squad player potentially competing in the ACN as well.

Exactly, get the best players in for the team and get it sorted, then use your squad for periods they might be missing. We could sign a non-african striker who gets a hamstring injury keeping him out the whole of January while Ade buggers off, at least this way we KNOW when he's going to be missing.

I'd argue that it is a serious, serious problem, especially if we plan to keep Ade around as well. Come January, that means we'll have Kane and Chadli (should he stay) as our only forward options. Not good, imo. Well, not yet anyway: given a few years, Kane wil probably improve considerably, but he's not someone I'd bet my house on right now.

Of course, if we've already planned to write off this season as a transitional one then there's no problem, but I don't see why we would keep Ade in that case: let him go, and use his wages to improve other areas of the squad.

Wow, Roberto Soldado was so bad people are trying to erase him from their memory!

If Soldado is still here next season, I think Poc will get him playing well. Just a hunch.

Not impossible, I was just commenting on the guy's post saying that Kane and Chadli would be our only forward options in January if we signed Bony.

20m for another Striker when its not even a need. Blimey.

I half agree and half dont, on paper Ade, Soldado and Kane looks quite nice with three strikers fighting for one lone striker role. But Ade can't be relied upon (to date) to be consistent and Soldado had a poor season and Kane looks promising but not proven. That being said I too think Soldado will be really good this season if he stays, but would be nice to have at least one explosive striker we know will come up with the goods...

I half agree and half dont, on paper Ade, Soldado and Kane looks quite nice with three strikers fighting for one lone striker role. But Ade can't be relied upon (to date) to be consistent and Soldado had a poor season and Kane looks promising but not proven. That being said I too think Soldado will be really good this season if he stays, but would be nice to have at least one explosive striker we know will come up with the goods...

What is it that makes people think Soldado will come good this season? I could understand if he improved as the season went on, but from what I saw he was poor when playing in AVB's boring, slow build up, possession based style, then when Sherwood came in and played a more attacking style Soldado didn't seem to get any better (in fact he seemed to get even worse). Having watch him all season I saw a player who wasn't slow, but particularly fast, wasn't weak but certainly not powerful, wasn't completely static, but didn't offer lots of clever movement and didn't suffer from poor technique but couldn't exactly be described as skillful. From all of that I can't see how he is supposed to win us matches against the better defenders in the PL?

What is it that makes people think Soldado will come good this season? I could understand if he improved as the season went on, but from what I saw he was poor when playing in AVB's boring, slow build up, possession based style, then when Sherwood came in and played a more attacking style Soldado didn't seem to get any better (in fact he seemed to get even worse). Having watch him all season I saw a player who wasn't slow, but particularly fast, wasn't weak but certainly not powerful, wasn't completely static, but didn't offer lots of clever movement and didn't suffer from poor technique but couldn't exactly be described as skillful. From all of that I can't see how he is supposed to win us matches against the better defenders in the PL?

I disagree that he got worse, I think he demonstrated better strength and skill second half of the season but still couldnt find his goalscoring touch. Anyway, your overall point is a fair one in that noone could say with any conviction that Soldado will be a hit, hence why I said what I did - just a hunch that he will....

i'm rooting for soldado and expecting ade to fade and kickup a ruckus as usual.

so bony would be a welcome addition...his holdup play will give us the little and large combo we lacked since berbs and keane.

Not impossible, I was just commenting on the guy's post saying that Kane and Chadli would be our only forward options in January if we signed Bony.

The forgotten man. Quite often you see a player have a fallow season and not play much, only to come back fresh and determined. But if we got the right offer, I think we'd sell both Ade (high wages) and Soldado (close to 30 but could get a decent fee this window). I just think Pochettino might be able to get Soldado's head sorted and play a clearer system which will suit him.

Rumour going around that Bony is in Liverpool discussing personal terms

Swansea are trying to sign Deeney from Watford

Soldado has excellent movement. He just stopped making those runs when no one was ever finding him doing them.
IMO he'll look a completely different player playing with Lamela and Eriksen, instead of Lennon and Townsend.

Will we go back to a 442 under Poch?
I don't think he's ever played it in his career to date. Like most modern managers 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 (i.e. with or without a #10) are his two primary formations.

Bony/Soldado/Kane gives us great options, you can play any system with those 3
It's the same with Ade/Soldado/Kane too though. Bony is the same as Ade, just not as good but more consistent.

Soldado has excellent movement. He just stopped making those runs when no one was ever finding him doing them.
IMO he'll look a completely different player playing with Lamela and Eriksen, instead of Lennon and Townsend.

Did he stop making the runs or just not make them in the first place? I was frustrated by Soldado's movement from very early on in his Spurs career under AVB. He stayed so static and central that it made defending very easy for the opposition who were always able to keep their centre halves in position, resulting in no space opening up for the likes of Paulinho to get into.

Did he stop making the runs or just not make them in the first place? I was frustrated by Soldado's movement from very early on in his Spurs career under AVB. He stayed so static and central that it made defending very easy for the opposition who were always able to keep their centre halves in position, resulting in no space opening up for the likes of Paulinho to get into.

Nah, early on he was making a lot of very early runs that neither our midfielders nor the opposition defenders were spotting. Whenever we broke play down he was often the first to react, making a darting run into a channel or behind the back line. Paulinho, Dembele and Townsend often angered me as they never got their head up until too late.

Nah, early on he was making a lot of very early runs that neither our midfielders nor the opposition defenders were spotting. Whenever we broke play down he was often the first to react, making a darting run into a channel or behind the back line. Paulinho, Dembele and Townsend often angered me as they never got their head up until too late.

Definitely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back