• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wigan Win or Wigan Draw?

Wigan lost against Swansea last week at home ffs. Also will be their 3th game in a weeks time while the scum will have had a 10 days rest. Also think they're unbeaten since our defeat.

We are fudged I am sorry to say. Wigan must win against Arsenal, a draw is no good to them. If level with a few minutes to go they will throw everything forward and who could blame them. Arsenal will stroll this.

I think Arsenal have been less than convincing and you wouldn't think they were the most in form team in the league.

Last 5 home games:

Man Utd - Draw 1-1
Everton - Draw 0-0
Norwich - Won 3-1
Reading - Won 4-1
Aston Villa - Won 2-1

Apart from the Reading onslaught, I thought Norwich held there own (until the ref fudged them up), Everton outplayed them and could have easily had 3 points, Man Utd could have easily got 3 points and Aston Villa played really well against them it just took defensive brainfarts to cause there loss.

Now you add Wigan, who play better football than all those mentioned (apart from Man Utd who were basically strolling), need the win more than ever so they have even the slimmest chances of survival, on a high from just winning the FA Cup, going against a team who are now under pressure to win so they can be in poll position for the top four going into the last day and you have an unbelievable contest on your hands.

You add the fact that both clubs were in this EXACT situation last year and Wigan came out on top 2-1 and you sort of gain a little bit of confidence.

you should have posted this before the FA Cup final........................

all i will say is Wigan aren't sh*t

Yeah, been playing well recently - beating Emirates Marketing Project was no fluke, they nearly beat us and but for defensive blunders they should have beaten Swansea. Don't be surprised if Woolwich fail to win.

Why do I have a horrible feeling Arsenal will come out and score in the first 2 or 3 minutes and then Wigan will have to chase it?

Very nervous about this one, I can't see Saudi Sportswashing Machine doing us any favours so I think we need Wigan to take some points, I just don't think they will, they're knackered from the cup final and Arsenal are one of the luckiest teams I've ever known.

Why do I have a horrible feeling Arsenal will come out and score in the first 2 or 3 minutes and then Wigan will have to chase it?

Very nervous about this one, I can't see Saudi Sportswashing Machine doing us any favours so I think we need Wigan to take some points, I just don't think they will, they're knackered from the cup final and Arsenal are one of the luckiest teams I've ever known.

Martinez works a brick load on fitness. I reckon he has his players work on fitness more so than many other clubs in the league. I have no doubt that is why they always come to life at the end of the season, there impeccable fitness. They won't be tired, they will go for it for 90 minutes, whether they have that extra bit of quality, that bit of spark from Kone or that bit of skill from Maloney to get something from the game is another thing.

Arsenal also has to win. Based on recent Arsenal records, I expect Wigan to defend, look for counter-attacks, keep McManaman high on the right side like in the FA Cup Final, and hope to get to half-time with a draw. The pattern will repeat in the second-half. Wigan will have to be extra patient. Their opportunity will come especially when Arsenal has to attack and does not have a forward that can hold the ball up effectively. Should the game is still a tie at 70 min, both teams will commit men forward and go the game will be totally open.

Im sure both sides know the other needs to win so i think it'll come down to who can hold their nerve the longest before going all out for the goals towards the end of the game

Im sure both sides know the other needs to win so i think it'll come down to who can hold their nerve the longest before going all out for the goals towards the end of the game

Exactly.. a draw is no good to either side. This is like a Cup Final.

Exactly.. a draw is no good to either side. This is like a Cup Final.

Except that you can go to PK in a Cup Final. My gut feeling is that the game will end in a 1-1 draw. Wigan to get a first half lead from a corner and then sit back. Arsenal would get an equalizer in the 93rd minute. There would be no time left for either team to do anything then. [-o<

Draw would mean Sunderland were more or less safe, massive goal difference swing needed

But possible, at least a lot more realistic than the 16 goal swing we would need to overtake Chelsea. I can remember a number of big wins on the last day of the season so:

Spurs 6 Sunderland 0
Wigan 5 Aston Villa 0

isn't out of the question.

I think an interesting combination would be:

Arsenal lose to Wigan
Saudi Sportswashing Machine draw with Arsenal
Sunderland beat Tottenham

as that would mean at WHL on Sunday both Spurs and Sunderland fans would be going absolutely mental on the final whistle, as it would mean we finish above Arsenal and get CL football, while Sunderland finish above Saudi Sportswashing Machine and save themselves from the drop!

Back the OP's (great) question... a Wigan win would be brilliant and my preferred choice, it would really rock Arsenal and undermine them, and we should have the quality to win at home against a weakened Sunderland anyway and finish the job. A draw would still be an excellent result, and yes it will take a certain sting out of Sunderland.

I think a draw is very likely tomorrow, in that both teams will want the win and could end up cancelling each other out. You can just see a scummy last minute winner though :(

Much as I would love to see Wigan get something, I just cant see it.

It is a massive ask for Wigan right after the Cup final, especially being their 3rd game in 10 days. Can only see one outcome sadly. We had no real favours recently, bar the United and Everton draws at Arsenal. Just get the feeling it seems no matter what we do it wont be enough.

Very proud that we have at least taken it to the final day, and in the process set a couple of team PL records on the road.

Law of averages says we get a bit of luck on the final day to even out some bad luck in recent seasons, but when it comes to Spurs, law of averages goes out of the window.

Mike Dean, the referee Arsenal fans hate the most, is in charge.

Arsenal have only won 1 of the last 17 PL games with Dean as referee. :eek:

i post on a mixed board from time to time and the gooners on there hate Dean with a passion

Much as I would love to see Wigan get something, I just cant see it.

It is a massive ask for Wigan right after the Cup final, especially being their 3rd game in 10 days. Can only see one outcome sadly. We had no real favours recently, bar the United and Everton draws at Arsenal. Just get the feeling it seems no matter what we do it wont be enough.

Very proud that we have at least taken it to the final day, and in the process set a couple of team PL records on the road.

Law of averages says we get a bit of luck on the final day to even out some bad luck in recent seasons, but when it comes to Spurs, law of averages goes out of the window.

I don't agree. I can understand the Swansea result because human nature dictates a loss of effort before a big occasion due to either nerves or whatever. After a big occasion there could be a similar response but it is an unusual situation for Wigan and I don't really know how to end this post so Come on You Wigan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back