• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Why no ratings thread v Blackburn?

Spur of the moment

Frederic Kanoute
Someone has usually started one by now, presumably not today because it was so one-sided? Ok so maybe Blackburn didn't turn up but for me a lot of that was down to our outstanding quality, with players like Modrich and Sandro pretty much unplayable.

Friedel n/a - not a single shot to deal with

Walker 7 - outstanding goal, decent going forward, occasionally hairy at the back

Gallas 7 - quality

Kaboul 7 - some superb interventions

Rose 5 - too many useless crosses

Lennon 7 - refreshingly lively, fluffed his chances though

Sandro 8 - back at his beastly best, but with much more to his game than merely his immense tackling ability: excellent link play, intelligent passing and decent shooting, the perfect midfielder. Was desperately unlucky with that rebound off underside of bar. My MotM

Modrich 8 - Rolls Royce performance that scarily reminds you why he is so coveted by Chelsea, United and City

Bale 6 - in and out, mostly out

VdV 7 - industrious, well-taken goal, albeit from close range

Adebayor 6 - frustrating, too often out wide, not enough presence in front of goal despite assist for VdV's strike

Subs

Livermore, Defoe.

Rose is never going to be a good player at LB, and Sandro was immense and showed what a pairing him and Modric can be.

Friedel - 6 - Nothing at all to do.

Walker - 9.99 - Would have gotten an above average 7, but for him scoring the first direct free-kick goal for us since Baron Paul Hayleigh-Canonworth-Waterfordville banged in a couple in 1885.

Otherwise, I can't dance with Spur of the moment's ratings. The feel of a win....:D

Friedel- 6

Walker - 7.5
Kaboul - 7
Gallas - 7
Rose - 6

Lennon- 7
Modric- 8
Sandro - 8.5
Bale - 6

VDV- 7.5
Adebayor - 7

Big Bad Brad - Could've got away with working on his pilates
Rose - Ok
Kaboul - Rock
Gallas - Rock
Walker - Take a bow son
Sandro - MOTM
Modric - Ok
Bale - You play on the left
Lennon - Dangerous
VDV - World class
Adebayor - the touch of a rapist

Friedel = 10. any GK with clean sheet deserves 10. yes? no? discuss.
Blackburn = 0.1. They get that ".1" for showing up.

Walker- Outstanding goal, could and should have done better on a number of crosses and made a couple of defensive errors throughout the game, although he get on the ball quite a bit and generally made himself known and seen to be dangerous. Good game overall, his mistakes can be ironed out with experience - 7

Gallas- Good will be missed - 7

Kaboul - We've missed him alot - 8

Rose - I think alot of the criticism is extremely unfair, though he had a very good game and is the type of player who gets the blood pumping- 7

Lennon - Brilliant, hope he's not injured. - 8

Modric- Back to early on in the season, still room to improve - 7/8

Sandro - Absolutely fantastic MOTM for me, if we can get him playing like this week in week out there's not a DM in the world i'd swap him for seems like a top lad aswell, type of performance he should be proud of - 9

Bale - I honestly don't know if he cares anymore, very good at points seems apathetic at others, hopefully he spurs (hehehe) into action soon enough- 6

Van Der Vaart - I love this man, one of our players who will always try and will always care love him - 7/8

Adebayor - Once again no goals from the big man but, he facilitates our play and had a nice assist for VDV. Lovely smile aswell. 7

Gio- didn't see to much of him, like him as a player but, imo needs to leave. N/A

Defoe - did all you can ask him to do in such a small amount of time really N/A

Livermore - Seems like a nice young man and a steady player - N/A

Friedel 6 - Not much to do, but what he had to do he did well
Walker 7 - Great goal
Gallas 7 - Thought he played really well and was very self assured. Unlucky not to score.
Kaboul 7 - Bit wasteful a couple of times, but defended well enough
Rose 6 - Not tested defensively, took up some good positions going forward.
Lennon 7 - Worked hard and did well defensively too.
Modric 7 - Always wanted the ball. Was a tad wasteful at times
Sandro 9 - Man of the match for me, especially his performance in the first 25 mins
Bale 7 - Kept working hard and unlucky not to score
VDV 8 - Our most creative outlet
Ade 5 - Actually thought he was very disappointing and a lot of promising attacks broke down through him.

Give him a chance, it's not easy coming into the side having not played for months beforehand.

I understand that, but having seen him play there on several occasions his defensive reading of the game is poor along with his positioning. I would not mind seeing him play at LW but not as a fullback.

Friedel 6 - Not much to do, but what he had to do he did well
Walker 7 - Great goal
Gallas 7 - Thought he played really well and was very self assured. Unlucky not to score.
Kaboul 7 - Bit wasteful a couple of times, but defended well enough
Rose 6 - Not tested defensively, took up some good positions going forward.
Lennon 7 - Worked hard and did well defensively too.
Modric 7 - Always wanted the ball. Was a tad wasteful at times
Sandro 9 - Man of the match for me, especially his performance in the first 25 mins
Bale 7 - Kept working hard and unlucky not to score
VDV 8 - Our most creative outlet
Ade 5 - Actually thought he was very disappointing and a lot of promising attacks broke down through him.

i agree. his deposit of his lunch inside of their box was immense.

Friedel- 6

Walker - 7.5
Kaboul - 7
Gallas - 7
Rose - 6

Lennon- 7
Modric- 8
Sandro - 8.5
Bale - 6

VDV- 7.5
Adebayor - 7

Normally you are one of the most reliable poster however, I have to disagree on Modric who I thought was not at his best today got caught in possession a lot and does not press as well as early in the season. Also can someone explain when we have an attacking fullback and a winger why is Adebayor always out on the wing rather than in the box for the wingers to cross to? It really weakens our attacks in the final third where we largely seem toothless. To quote Brian Clough "Get in the box and score goals that's what I pay you for!"

Friedel - N/A - I can't really give him a rating as they didn't have a shot

Walker - 8
Kaboul - 7
Gallas - 7
Rose - 7

Lennon - 7.5
Modric - 8
Sandro - 9
Bale - 7

VDV - 8
Ade - 6

Friedel - 9 Why the fudge not. Flawless performance.

Walker - 8 We've lucked out with this guy. That free kick was bloody amazing. He has a few small things to iron out in his game but we've found the right sided England full back for the next 10 years.
Kaboul - 8 Imperious. 0 shots in 90 mins.
Gallas - 8 Absolutely superb. Could see him organising the defence on a few occasions. It must be funny in that lispy Gallic accent but it worked. Better option than King at the moment. 0 shots in 90 mins.
Rose - 6 Looked nervous but didn't shy away from the ball. Probably a good game to come into as your first.

Lennon- 8 End product was missing today but basically freaked out the Blackburn team every time he has the ball. Gives us balance.
Modric- 8 Good to have him back on form. He was superb all game. The usual complaints about his shooting being poor but ran the game really.
Sandro - 8 Superb all round performance, had everything. I decided not to call him a beast as I'm sure his ma wouldn't like it.
Bale - 7 Didn't really happen for Bale today but not the worst performance.

VDV- 8 Classy performance from VDV. Some of his touches had me drooling.
Adebayor - 7 His close control was a little off but still is the focal point of our attack. Good and bad today.

Interesting game, I felt it was telling that we were up for it, energy/closing/pressing much better, not a vintage performance, but definetely dominated the game. Don't care if people think Blackburn did or did not turn up, would like to see how many teams managed any game with 70/30 possesion and 19-0 shots in the PL this season?

Noteable things for me from the game

- Walker's free kick, wtf! brilliant, kid is still learning, but add stuff like that to his game ...
- Sandro, drive/energy and link up, been a huge fan of waht Parker brings to Spurs, but Modric/Sandro/VDV looked great in that first half.
- VDV, beginning to think Spur's fans undervalue Rafa, another good game, another goal, works really hard.
- Modric, better today, worked well with Sandro/VDV combination

- Ade/Bale both the same for me, some good stuff, some ok, not as commanding as either can be, brilliant hold up from Ade to let VDV score however.

Harry, got it right with lineup, player well up for it. Critique would again be, once we were 2-0, Defoe/GDS/Livermore should have been put on, Blackburn were never coming back and we should have let VDV/Lennon (with his knock)/Sandro come off earlier.

Modric and Sandro outstanding. Kaboul important, good to have him back. VdV and Lennon did well, very well at times. The rest did alright.

It's funny to see how the ratings are MASSIVELY influenced by the outcome of the match.If Bale provided such a performance and we ended up losing,people would be giving him 3's and 4's.I thought he was absolutely terrible yesterday,provided no width again and was generally nowhere to be seen.The same can be said about Adebayor,he has a terrible first touch...
Modric and Sandro looked fantastic together,Sandro provided some excellent tackles and Modric's long balls and overall playmaking was brilliant.VdV and Lennon both very good.
Walker and Rose were equally frustrating in the opposition half and both a bit sloppy in defense.Walker's goal was absolutely fantastic tho.Kaboul,Gallas and Friedel solid,had very little to do

It's funny to see how the ratings are MASSIVELY influenced by the outcome of the match.If Bale provided such a performance and we ended up losing,people would be giving him 3's and 4's.I thought he was absolutely terrible yesterday,provided no width again and was generally nowhere to be seen.The same can be said about Adebayor,he has a terrible first touch...
Modric and Sandro looked fantastic together,Sandro provided some excellent tackles and Modric's long balls and overall playmaking was brilliant.VdV and Lennon both very good.
Walker and Rose were equally frustrating in the opposition half and both a bit sloppy in defense.Walker's goal was absolutely fantastic tho.Kaboul,Gallas and Friedel solid,had very little to do

Totally agree. To the point of it completely invalidating match ratings threads. People don't rate objectively, they rate emotionally based on the score and reputation rather than performance.

Back