• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Why no ratings thread v Blackburn?

It has been said before...but why oh why doesn't Bale stick to the bloody left?
He does far more damage there, roaming inside occationally, than the opposite: Clogging up the centre, roaming out wide occationally.

On a positive note, he did free up a bit of space for Rose down the flank, but in the process he nullifies himself as a threat. Also, when he's clearly not at his best form, like now, he should just get back to basics, doing what he does best, which is running at defenders on the wing. It would free up so much space for VDV/Modric/Sandro in the middle as well.

Brad - 10
Walker - 8
Gallas - 7
Kaboul - 8
Rose - 6
Lennon - 7
Sandro - 10
Modric - 8
Bale - 6
VDV - 9
Ade - 8

I think Adebayor's ratings are a bit unkind. He's been driving me nuts recently - and I'm not sure I want him signed full time - but I thought yesterday was one of his better recent performances.

Sandro would be the first name on my team sheet for the first game of next season, assuming Milan or Real haven't nicked him for ?ú20m. Which is business we shouldn't do anyway.

Surprised to see scores of 7/8 for Modric and Bale, thought both were pretty ineffective.

I thought Modric was decent yesterday.

However Bale seemed a little greedy at times, running into cul-de-sacs when there were simple much more effective passes to be made. Taking on the long range shot when there were better options around him. I would struggle to see why he should get above a 6.

Him moving around also puts far more pressure on the left back, in this case Rose. Do you think Rose would have had so many chances to put in the final ball if Bale was in front of him? No, because Bale would have been a far better option, and he would have delivered much better crosses.

Stick to the left ffs, our width was what Blackburn were struggling with, so don't come inside.

Brad 6 Nothing to do
Rose 5 Tried to get forward, but NO end product.
Gallas 7 Un-troubled.
Kaboul 7 see above.
Walker 6 great goal, but again lots of huff and puff, but litttle end product from open play.
Lennon 7 Linked up well, want him to get into the box more.
Modric 6 Still no cutting edge passes.
Sandro 8 Best game for ages.
Bale 6 Still roaming everywhere, but not really linking up effectively with team mates.
VDV 8 Well taken goal, more involved than usual.
Adebayor 6 Still taking too many touches, but held ball up better this time.

Last edited:
Sandro would be the first name on my team sheet for the first game of next season, assuming Milan or Real haven't nicked him for ?ú20m. Which is business we shouldn't do anyway.

It was my fear when we came to sign Parker that it would hinder the progress of Sandro because Redknapp would always pick Parker. I know that Sandro has been plagued with injurys this season but i suspect he would not have got many games in front of Parker anyway.

Sandro is a must keep because he is going to be a top player, hopefully he will decide to stay because there are bound to be a lot of clubs after him.

hard one to rate as Blackburn offered nothing what so ever, was like a training game !

Friedel - 10 perfect
Walker - 8.5 brilliant goal
Kaboul - 8 rock
Gallas - 8 Rock
Rose - 6 wasteful in final third
Bale - 4 thought he was poor did nothing of note
Lennon - 6.5 looked lively woeful end product
Modric - 7 pretty good
Sandro 9 immense
VDV - 7.5 thought he played very well linking play
Ade - 7 some good play

Think you have to give Spurs some credit, 70% possesion and stopping your opposition from have a single shot on goal?

yeah obviously credit goes to us for playing well, but the main impression i got from the game was that Blackburn weren't interested what so ever - if i was a Blackburn fan i would have been devastated by the performance and lack of effort/desire

reminded me of the Villa game at WHL this season

yeah obviously credit goes to us for playing well, but the main impression i got from the game was that Blackburn weren't interested what so ever - if i was a Blackburn fan i would have been devastated by the performance and lack of effort/desire

reminded me of the Villa game at WHL this season

They played Heskey in midfield, i know a villa fan and he was well tinkled off about that. It was never going to work.

Brad - 6 - nothing to do

Walker - 7 - great goal, shaky defensively
Gallas - 7 - solid
Kaboul - 7 - hardly tested
Rose - 6 - poor passing

Sandro - 8 - MotM
Lennon - 7 threat throughout
Bale - 6 - marginalised
Modric - 7 - kept the ball moving

VdV - 7 - crucial opener
Ade - 6 - isolated most of the game, offered little as focal point

I agree with Moonlit Knight.

Some of these ratings are very generous given the performance levels actually presented.

I usually agree with Arcspace and I agree with his ratings overall too, only I'd probably give every outfield player minus 1 to his ratings.

We weren't brick. Just well average with notable exceptions such as Sandro, VdV and Lennon in flashes.

I think high ratings are well justified for 0 shots on target and 70% possesion. We made them look like a pub team.

As a caveat, I missed the match live and heard the score driving home. When I watched the match later that evening I was far more relaxed than usual, for obvious reasons, and was able to concentrate on the performances without worrying about the result. I'm sure I've added a few more minutes to my life too.

Bale was off as was Rose but everyone else was superb.

Back