• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Why no ratings thread v Blackburn?

Also can someone explain when we have an attacking fullback and a winger why is Adebayor always out on the wing rather than in the box for the wingers to cross to? It really weakens our attacks in the final third where we largely seem toothless. To quote Brian Clough "Get in the box and score goals that's what I pay you for!"

Ade is basically filling the massive gap left by Bale. Not only is Bale not playing in his best position, but he is pushing folk out of their own positions by contesting the midfield and central attack areas. Only a couple of games ago you could see Modric telling him to get out of his space. Bale is the problem not Adebayor.

Ade is basically filling the massive gap left by Bale. Not only is Bale not playing in his best position, but he is pushing folk out of their own positions by contesting the midfield and central attack areas. Only a couple of games ago you could see Modric telling him to get out of his space. Bale is the problem not Adebayor.

This.

Interesting point.

Rorschach said:
Kaboul - 8 Imperious. 0 shots in 90 mins.

He had one shot from about 35 yards out, maybe 40, it went over by a very large distance.

Friedel - N/A.

Walker - 8.5 - Improved crossing, scored a free kick....

Kaboul - 7 - Not much to do, but he did well when he did have to do things. (I think he crushed their dreams of having success with long balls.)

Gallas 7.5 - Not much to do, but he hit the post.

Rose 7 - With a wing to himself, he might have done more, but he did fairly well... I felt bad for him when Bale stole the ball from him during a counter attack.

Lennon 8 - Nice cross for our first goal, is usually a much better finisher though... I guess that quashes the "is Lennon our best finisher" thing... (I remember we had a thread with that title on the old board, because he has a high shots to goals ratio usually, but that's normally because he doesn't shoot if he can pass.) Did well to win the free kick we got our second goal from, taking a kick to the ankle in the process. He probably should get a .5 for winning the free kick even though he injured his ankle beforehand, but I can't really give him an 8.5 due to his shooting.

Modric 8 - Possibly could have done more with the time and space he had, but it was hilarious to see him put in an average performance by his standards and still completely outclass Blackburn.

Sandro 8.5 - Awesome. Hit the bar with a traditional Sandro long range shot, powered through about 4 Blackburn players at one point, made some beautiful tackles, broke up the play extremely well... He should probably get another 0.5 for playing so well despite throwing up, if this was what he is capable of when sick, what's he like fully fit?

Bale 6.5 - Header on to the bar for an assist.... A couple of nice passes... Stay on the left... I know Harry has told him not to, so it's incredibly unfair for me to mark him down for just following the manager's instructions but he was the least effective of all our attacking players.

VDV 8.5 - Goal, made some Blackburn players look very stupid.

Ade 7.5 - Had 3 CBs on him and still played well.

Harry 6 - The good: Not throwing on Defoe with 30 minutes to go, that would have played into their formation's hands. The bad: Bale plays on the fudging left. The ugly: Leaving Lennon on and risking him getting injured again despite playing a Blackburn team that seemed to want us to win.
Achieved a tactical edge purely due to luck as Steve Kean completely fudged up, but I'm not going to complain if Harry suddenly becomes lucky.

Steve Kean - -2 Probably the worst display by a manager playing us this season... Even worse than Villa at WHL... Worse than everyone. He may have gone through insane things and I felt sorry for him, but he did his research on us playing a 4-4-2 with Saha and Defoe up top... Taking off Yakubo, the only person they had that could keep possession for them was also crazy... If he managed Barca, he'd get them relegated. (Slight exaggeration, but that was really really really really bad, he was so bad tactically that he made Harry look good... He's not exactly a man motivator either.)

Gary Neville - 9.5 Man of the Match. I sat there listening to Gary Neville mention how he doesn't see why Bale and Lennon were switching wings, I listened to him repeat the point that 3-5-2 doesn't work against our system, his entire commentary was fudging epic. If I could download it as audio and make it into a CD, I'd do it.

Gary Neville as Blackburn manager from the start of the season, I don't think they'd get relegated... Gary Neville as our manager just before the North London Derby... I don't think we'd have gone into this game in 6th place in the league.

I don't know whether him picking Rose as the best volley in the Premier League or him saying nice things about Spurs all the time has influenced me at all, but I really like this guy...

Gary Neville to replace Smith on the next Fifa please. Or to replace Harry as Spurs manager next season... Either will be fine.

He had one shot from about 35 yards out, maybe 40, it went over by a very large distance.

Friedel - N/A.

Walker - 8.5 - Improved crossing, scored a free kick....

Kaboul - 7 - Not much to do, but he did well when he did have to do things. (I think he crushed their dreams of having success with long balls.)

Gallas 7.5 - Not much to do, but he hit the post.

Rose 7 - With a wing to himself, he might have done more, but he did fairly well... I felt bad for him when Bale stole the ball from him during a counter attack.

Lennon 8 - Nice cross for our first goal, is usually a much better finisher though... I guess that quashes the "is Lennon our best finisher" thing... (I remember we had a thread with that title on the old board, because he has a high shots to goals ratio usually, but that's normally because he doesn't shoot if he can pass.) Did well to win the free kick we got our second goal from, taking a kick to the ankle in the process. He probably should get a .5 for winning the free kick even though he injured his ankle beforehand, but I can't really give him an 8.5 due to his shooting.

Modric 8 - Possibly could have done more with the time and space he had, but it was hilarious to see him put in an average performance by his standards and still completely outclass Blackburn.

Sandro 8.5 - Awesome. Hit the bar with a traditional Sandro long range shot, powered through about 4 Blackburn players at one point, made some beautiful tackles, broke up the play extremely well... He should probably get another 0.5 for playing so well despite throwing up, if this was what he is capable of when sick, what's he like fully fit?

Bale 6.5 - Header on to the bar for an assist.... A couple of nice passes... Stay on the left... I know Harry has told him not to, so it's incredibly unfair for me to mark him down for just following the manager's instructions but he was the least effective of all our attacking players.

VDV 8.5 - Goal, made some Blackburn players look very stupid.

Ade 7.5 - Had 3 CBs on him and still played well.

Harry 6 - The good: Not throwing on Defoe with 30 minutes to go, that would have played into their formation's hands. The bad: Bale plays on the fudging left. The ugly: Leaving Lennon on and risking him getting injured again despite playing a Blackburn team that seemed to want us to win.
Achieved a tactical edge purely due to luck as Steve Kean completely fudged up, but I'm not going to complain if Harry suddenly becomes lucky.

Steve Kean - -2 Probably the worst display by a manager playing us this season... Even worse than Villa at WHL... Worse than everyone. He may have gone through insane things and I felt sorry for him, but he did his research on us playing a 4-4-2 with Saha and Defoe up top... Taking off Yakubo, the only person they had that could keep possession for them was also crazy... If he managed Barca, he'd get them relegated. (Slight exaggeration, but that was really really really really bad, he was so bad tactically that he made Harry look good... He's not exactly a man motivator either.)

Gary Neville - 9.5 Man of the Match. I sat there listening to Gary Neville mention how he doesn't see why Bale and Lennon were switching wings, I listened to him repeat the point that 3-5-2 doesn't work against our system, his entire commentary was fudging epic. If I could download it as audio and make it into a CD, I'd do it.

Gary Neville as Blackburn manager from the start of the season, I don't think they'd get relegated... Gary Neville as our manager just before the North London Derby... I don't think we'd have gone into this game in 6th place in the league.

I don't know whether him picking Rose as the best volley in the Premier League or him saying nice things about Spurs all the time has influenced me at all, but I really like this guy...

Gary Neville to replace Smith on the next Fifa please. Or to replace Harry as Spurs manager next season... Either will be fine.

What? That Manc taco's voice makes my ears bleed. Ha, ha.

I found it funny. Harry was his choice for England, but his approach to Spurs is always: Play 4-4-1-1, Bale on the left, Lennon on the right. His approach to Blackburn today was "I can't work out what the fudge you're trying to achieve playing like this, it's retarded, you've got to change." If he was in a room with them both, he might have knocked their heads together.

His voice may not be the best, but he talks sense and he's either funny, useful or interesting... Quinn at the Manchester Derby, The Emirates Marketing Project vs Arsenal game, etc and Smith at any Arsenal or Spurs game is always annoying to me. I wouldn't mind Ray back, but he really likes Spurs for some reason. He also talks sense and says interesting things.

Back