• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Who would we miss the most ?

Player that would be missed the most

• Modric

Votes: 60 40.3%
  • Van Der Vaart

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Bale

Votes: 44 29.5%
  • Parker

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Adebayor

Votes: 22 14.8%
  • Lennon

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Walker

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • BAE

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Friedel

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • Other....please specify

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
As brilliant as Bale is, we cope without him.

We were well on our way to 4th before he broke through, winning games, scoring goals, playing possession football...

Without Modric every other player drops a grade. Bale doesnt see the ball, VDV doesnt suppor the striker as much, Ade is isolated, Lennon sits outside the game... Modric ties it all together.

The question was who would we miss the most? (Not who is the best? who is your favourite?) Modric is the only answer IMHO.

This,this and this

Team A

Lennon---------modric-----------Parker-----------kranjcar

---------------------------vdv--------------------------------

---------------------------Adebayor--------------------------

Team B

Lennon----------Sandro--------------Parker-----------Bale

------------------------------VDV---------------------------

----------------------------Adebayor------------------------

Team C

Lennon-----------Parker-----------Modric-------------Bale

----------------------------VDV------------------------------

---------------------------Defoe------------------------------

Which is the worst team?

Team B.
Sandro and Parker are just horrible at going forward,we would need to have VdV in our own half to provide the service for Bale and Lennon

I'd like to see this poll with people being allowed a 2nd choice.

Looking at the results, there's no way VDV deserves 0 votes. And even though he wouldn't be my choice, there's certainly plenty here who rate Parker enough for him to have a few votes too.

I'd like to see this poll with people being allowed a 2nd choice.

Looking at the results, there's no way VDV deserves 0 votes. And even though he wouldn't be my choice, there's certainly plenty here who rate Parker enough for him to have a few votes too.

can i change it now even after i've set the poll as just one vote?

Tough one, but I voted for Bale. As great as Modric can be, he doesn't score enough goals and goals win games. Bale and VDV get vital goals.

I would love for Gomes to come back into the equation after Brad as theres no doubt he has the quality, its just his concentration levels.

The season we got 4th, Gomes won us numerous points from saves no other keeper would have made. But I think its one blunder too many unfortunately.

Under a different manager, possible though unlikely.

Under Harry, no chance.

I think we are ok against a lot of sides if we can play Bale and Lennon with 2 solid midfielders, not Modric. It certainly worked well v West brom away.

Haven't voted but it seems Azza was a big loss with our current side.

We did miss him but I think that is the vogue thing to say We went on a brick run of results because___________ was out injured. In reality we played good enough to win some of those games and were unlucky and also it was a very difficult run of fixtures we would have had trouble picking up points even if everyone was fit.

Haven't voted but it seems Azza was a big loss with our current side.

but if Lennon had been fit and Bale had been out we would most likely have suffered from the same problems we have been having - only having one wide attacking player and being predictable

Lennon being out was a problem because we missed the width rather than missing Lennon himself (not that he isn't a great player)

i voted Modric because as Nayim (i think) says who else will knit our play together through the middle? which imo is the most important part of our play - although any one of Bale Adebayor Lennon missing causes us big problems as well

Last edited:
It's between Modric and Adebayor for me.

Probably more than any other player, when Luka plays well, we play well. He is the heartbeat of this team IMO. Monopolising possession, keeping the ball moving fluidly and progressively around the park, feeding all our best players in dangerous areas. He can skip past challenges with ease, taking players out of the equasion, freeing up space for others to work in. We haven't really got anyone else like him.

Neither do we for BAD ADE, who's holdup play, mobility and movement makes an absolutely massive difference to how effective we are in the final third. Players such as Bale, Azza, VDV instinctively run off Ade, knowing he can find them, or knowing he'll find someone else who will find them. We have no other striker like this, obviously.

Really tough call IMO. Maybe Luka edges it as at least (in theory) with a fit Saha up front we have someone else with presence and mobility. We got no-one else who can set the tempo like Luka. Thudd is probably the closest we get, except he's not as dynamic and is also injured currently.

I voted Modric. I wonder if Parker would have been the only player on that list to get 0 votes if this poll had been done back in Nov or Dec last year?

I voted Modric. I wonder if Parker would have been the only player on that list to get 0 votes if this poll had been done back in Nov or Dec last year?

Last season Modric would have been top. But a pairing of any 2 of Modric, Parker and Sandro are more than capable.

Back