• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Who would we miss the most ?

Player that would be missed the most

• Modric

Votes: 60 40.3%
  • Van Der Vaart

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Bale

Votes: 44 29.5%
  • Parker

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Adebayor

Votes: 22 14.8%
  • Lennon

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Walker

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • BAE

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Friedel

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • Other....please specify

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Tough one to call. Lennon going out was an unmitigated disaster, so I'm tempted to just say him. But then Redknapp started to get a clue after a run of horror games.

I'm thinking maybe Adebayour, only because it seemed to force Redknapps hand into playing 4-4-2 and nobody got on with it at all as well. Saha and Defoe certainly didn't look like a scoring partnership.

If Huddlestone wasn't injured, he'd be the back up to Luka imo, so I wouldn't be so worried about him in that case. But at the moment, I'd be very worried about Luka going out. Just look what happens when Redknapp sends him onto the left and we loose our midfield gyroscope, we fall to pieces. Which leads me to say that losing Bale is a nightmare as Modric invariably gets shifted out left, so you lose Bale AND Modric.

...So, I don't think there is any one loss that is bigger than the other. We like to talk about strength in depth, but actually, when we get down to it, there is a core of about 5 players that damages us if we lose any single one of them.

At this particular moment we would miss Modric the most as we don't have another creative force that play like his does in that position while Huddlestone is out (perhaps VDV, but Harry hasn't tried that in the near two seasons he's been at the club). I think we miss Lennon the most (with a full squad), as the balance of our team completely changes, and he sticks out meaning that there is more space for others to exploit in the middle. He's also a fine team player and does a great deal defensively for a winger.

There can only be one answer: Brad Friedel. There is no and there never will be a substitution for solid goal-keeping.

There can only be one answer: Brad Friedel. There is no and there never will be a substitution for solid goal-keeping.

1427208_full-lnd.jpg

Carlo's not that bad as a replacement, though. He's not great at anything, but he's more than capable of doing all the basics right. He would be a suitable temporary replacement that would mostly cover Brad's absence (though it would still be felt here and there).

If both of them were injured though.....

[video=youtube;5APIFXlFhHY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5APIFXlFhHY&feature=related[/video]

Still think he might, just might come good, but it's a very faint hope. :(

I would love for Gomes to come back into the equation after Brad as theres no doubt he has the quality, its just his concentration levels.

The season we got 4th, Gomes won us numerous points from saves no other keeper would have made. But I think its one blunder too many unfortunately.

It's a very tough one to call and a question that is probably impossible to answer. For me you have to break it down into first asking yourself how good the replacement are in that particular position..

Niko Kranjcar
As a left midfielder i rate Niko highly. I think it's his best position and he usually delivers in that position. A 7/10

Jermain Defoe
Good squad player but i think he's useless as a lone striker. He rarely gets involved in play and most of the time the opposition cb's are not troubled in the slightest with him playing by himself. Jermain Defoe get a 7/10 in general for me but as a lone striker he gets a 4/10

Sandro
I rate Sandro highly. In a partnership with parker with no Luka though? hmmm nah not so much. Neither offer much going forward. The fact that a creative player like vdv is in front of them helps a bit though but still not ideal. sandro as a player gets a 7.5 or 8 for me but in place of luka get a 5/10

Last edited:

Have tot otally agree with this, Friedel has been a revelation this sdeason for Spurs, we actually start an attack from the back now without a Gomes hoof.

I voted Friedel he has made a huge difference for us this season and to think we would have to rely on Cudicini or Gomes would be a massive downgrade not only on ability but the calming effect he seems to have on us in the back.

I would love for Gomes to come back into the equation after Brad as theres no doubt he has the quality, its just his concentration levels.

The season we got 4th, Gomes won us numerous points from saves no other keeper would have made. But I think its one blunder too many unfortunately.

Oh please GHod no, if you can't see the gulf in difference between Friedel and Gomes I don't know what to say really.

Well do you guys think its any coincidence that our shocking bad bit of form coinsided with Modric being shunted out wide?? There is a little look at life without Modric.

Genuinely world class in my book

Have tot otally agree with this, Friedel has been a revelation this sdeason for Spurs, we actually start an attack from the back now without a Gomes hoof.

Hoof?
I think you mean Robbo.
Gomes used to throw the ball out. Friedel at the start of the season was more prone to hoofing it than Gomes ever was.

I wonder will Cudicini continue to play all the Cup games now that we've reached the semi final.

Team A

Lennon---------modric-----------Parker-----------kranjcar

---------------------------vdv--------------------------------

---------------------------Adebayor--------------------------

Team B

Lennon----------Sandro--------------Parker-----------Bale

------------------------------VDV---------------------------

----------------------------Adebayor------------------------

Team C

Lennon-----------Parker-----------Modric-------------Bale

----------------------------VDV------------------------------

---------------------------Defoe------------------------------

Which is the worst team?

its like a question you get in a Key stage 3 Science exam....

I would say A

Don't understand how VdV is getting so many votes, we have a back up to come in who's our leading scorer (correct me if wrong)

If we have bale parker modric lennon all fit we will still create tons of chances without VdV... and defoe actually gives us a little more on the counter

Would just move it to a 442 instead of the 451 which was good for 4th if i recall

Back