• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Which is Daniel Levy's worst decision as Spurs chairman ?

Which is the worst ever decision taken by Daniel Levy as the Spurs chairman ?

• Sacking George Graham before the FA Cup semi final in 2001

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Sacking Martin Jol despite finishing in 5th for 2 years

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Sacking Harry Redknapp despite qualifying for CL

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Not signing Moutinho in the pre-season

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Not signing a striker in this transfer window

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • Selling Modric

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Selling Berbatov

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Putting salary cap which prevents us buying many top players

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Always waiting until last minute to sign players

Votes: 24 34.3%
  • Others

Votes: 5 7.1%

• Total voters
Worst decision?

Creating a fan base of spoilt brats who forget just how far we've come in the last 12 years. Making so many people throw their old toys out of the pram every time we don't tinkle 15% of our turnover away on a new one that may or may not be any good.

=D> no truer words spoken my friend. the people on here make me sick sometimes

Worst decision?

Creating a fan base of spoilt brats who forget just how far we've come in the last 12 years. Making so many people throw their old toys out of the pram every time we don't tinkle 15% of our turnover away on a new one that may or may not be any good.

Exactly, as the song goes where were you when we was brick is very apt !!!!

This is one of the worst threads I've had the displeasure of gracing during my time on gg. Should be locked and burnt

This is one of the worst threads I've had the displeasure of gracing during my time on gg. Should be locked and burnt

After 2 days in bed with the flu, I come back to find this thread, and am amazed none of you have cottoned on to the fact that the OP is on a wind-up.

Just look for all his other posts throughout SN & V.

:rolleyes:

A little bit of my love for Spurs died when Jol was sacked

This.

I voted Jol, both for the decision itself and the farce it became. I actually thought the Graham one was a very bad move at the time too (in the sense that it was at least one game too early). Overall though, I'm a big admirer of Levy. He's well in credit with me, even taking Jol into account.

Has to be the Jol sacking, especially the manner and timing.

Levy should have made the decision early in the summer, like he did with Redknapp. Then he could have cited the dalliance with Saudi Sportswashing Machine, the limping into 5th, and inability to work with the club structure (note the parallels). But getting caught in a Spanish hotel was my favourite buttplug, letting it continue for two more months and then thaat final game, combined bad decisions and indecision in the worst possible way.

One I would have put on the poll was leaving Pleat as DoF for most of a season while looking for a big name manager. The saving grace was that he appointed Arnsen, which was the decision that turned things around (someone just made this point eloquently on the best decision thread). But even here it was the subterfuge of Arnsen in the appointment of Santini and Jol that resulted in the necessary change.

Worst decision?

=D>=D>=D>

It's not any one poor decision. It's repeatedly making the same poor decisions, namely undermining the manager in the transfer market.

I've seen Ramos described as a joke on this thread. A double Uefa Cup winner and last Spurs manager to win silverware. How long before Levy fanboys are saying the same about AVB once the goals completely dry up?

I would have made sacking George Graham my first piece of business if I'd been in Levy's shoes. That man should never have been allowed to set foot inside the Lane.

Just what is it about Levy that makes him immune from criticism in some quarters and makes people fly off the handle whenever anyone questions him? NOBODY in football is beyond criticism. I'm sure you could come up with a list of Fergie's worst decisions despite being the greatest manager ever.

Worst decision?

As supporters we're part of a community. But it's important to remember that our relationship with the club is that of customer buying a product. It's up to them to determine whether they're getting value for money or not. Personally I don't it's accurate to describe fans who continually pay the second highest ticket prices in Europe to watch Spurs as spoilt brats.

Just what is it about Levy that makes him immune from criticism in some quarters and makes people fly off the handle whenever anyone questions him? NOBODY in football is beyond criticism. I'm sure you could come up with a list of Fergie's worst decisions despite being the greatest manager ever.

Take the good with the bad.
If the good outweighs the bad, then thats it!

Me; Im a 100% levy fan. All I have to do is look 5-7 years in the past and be grateful for what spurs I see right now.

This thread is so negative, theres no need for it. Levy has way too many positives that outweigh every single option in that poll.

Worst decision?

A'int that the truth.

Back