• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Which is Daniel Levy's worst decision as Spurs chairman ?

Which is the worst ever decision taken by Daniel Levy as the Spurs chairman ?

• Sacking George Graham before the FA Cup semi final in 2001

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Sacking Martin Jol despite finishing in 5th for 2 years

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Sacking Harry Redknapp despite qualifying for CL

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Not signing Moutinho in the pre-season

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Not signing a striker in this transfer window

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • Selling Modric

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Selling Berbatov

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Putting salary cap which prevents us buying many top players

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Always waiting until last minute to sign players

Votes: 24 34.3%
  • Others

Votes: 5 7.1%

• Total voters
Jesus christ chill out! This is the sort of thing that makes me believe that some people just won't have ANY criticism of Levy. Even if you acknowledge his good points, if you're not in total agreement with every decision he makes, you want him out.

I'm chill enough. If you took my "I'm not a fudging idiot" comment seriously then I should have added a smiley of some sort.

What part of what I said implies to you that I think you want him out?

Why not just continue the argument about the points being brought up instead of jumping to what some people think about other people and what motivations are etc?

Come on, we can have a discussion without resorting to insults and killing another thread with arguments

Folks...

Keep it up and I'll lock this

Pathetic.

I didn't like the thread anyway, but if it's a discussion, great.

If it degenerates into so many other threads, then out comes the padlock.

We really need to PROTECT DISCUSSION FROM DEGENERATING INTO SNIPING.

IF people express an opinion, it is is not always personal, it's an opinion.

Please.

Sort it out.

This discussion reminds me of the project management triangle

time-cost-quality-triangle.jpg

you can only have two of the three points on the triangle in any project, which is basically what a transfer window is. What do we sacrifice?

A lamb. Do not worship these false ideograms of power or some brick like that.

Last edited:
My guess is that at earlier in the window he didn't expect Berbatov to down tools or negotiate with a club that did not have permission to talk to him.

Not quite true - they were 'interested' already one year before - the intention was 'expressed', Berbatov was well aware (most importantly)

The following summer he simply wanted to extract the maximum fee (fair enough), hence the protracted transfer and deadline-day circus - he knew Berbatov wanted to leave long, long before - or at the very least - right about the time he refused to sign a new contract. We even brought in Pav (and Bent) earlier - the signs were rather telling.

Also - when did Berbatov 'negotiate' without permission - he was in London up until that afternoon on dead-line day?

Last edited:
I thought he had permission to travel to Emirates Marketing Project but turned up at Manchester United instead?

Nope - City came in with a last minute bid (possibly even slightly higher than Utd's) but he chose Old Trafford

Not quite true - they were 'interested' already one year before - the intention was 'expressed', Berbatov was well aware (most importantly)

The following summer he simply wanted to extract the maximum fee (fair enough), hence the protracted transfer and deadline-day circus - he knew Berbatov wanted to leave long, long before - or at the very least - right about the time he refused to sign a new contract. We even brought in Pav (and Bent) earlier - the signs were rather telling.

Also - when did Berbatov 'negotiate' without permission - he was in London up until that afternoon on dead-line day?

Danchev

Back