• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Which is Daniel Levy's worst decision as Spurs chairman ?

Which is the worst ever decision taken by Daniel Levy as the Spurs chairman ?

• Sacking George Graham before the FA Cup semi final in 2001

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Sacking Martin Jol despite finishing in 5th for 2 years

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Sacking Harry Redknapp despite qualifying for CL

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Not signing Moutinho in the pre-season

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Not signing a striker in this transfer window

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • Selling Modric

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Selling Berbatov

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Putting salary cap which prevents us buying many top players

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Always waiting until last minute to sign players

Votes: 24 34.3%
  • Others

Votes: 5 7.1%

• Total voters

Spurs7891

Jermaine Jenas
As we are still upset at Levy for not signing a striker in this transfer window, was just looking back at all the wrong decisons made by Levy. There must be a few of them over the years. For me, the way he sacked George Graham before the FA Cup semi final in 2001 remains the worst decision by Levy. It is still unforgivable as we have not get past the FA Cup semi finals since then.

As we are still upset at Levy for not signing a striker in this transfer window, was just looking back at all the wrong decisons made by Levy. There must be a few of them over the years. For me, the way he sacked George Graham before the FA Cup semi final in 2001 remains the worst decision by Levy. It is still unforgivable as we have not get past the FA Cup semi finals since then.

We have actually lost 6 semi finals in a row, going back before Levy's time to 1993.

Frazier Campbell?

This window ranks high up there.

Replacing Jol with Ramos; both the timing; during the middle of a Europa League tie, and the choice to get rid of Jol and replace him with Ramos.

Jol had started the season slowly with us but was well regarded and had been the first manager, in a long time, to get us in to Europe, he deserved more than what happened.

The way he treated jol, if he wanted him gone not that i agreed with that but if that is what he wanted fine. But that match when we all know what was happening and jol knew he was getting sacked after it brought shame on the club.

Replacing Jol with Ramos; both the timing; during the middle of a Europa League tie, and the choice to get rid of Jol and replace him with Ramos.

Jol had started the season slowly with us but was well regarded and had been the first manager, in a long time, to get us in to Europe, he deserved more than what happened.

yep posted the same thing at the same time

agree with the OP, sacking GG when he did

I thought he needed to go, but he should have been given the chance to play the semi first

for the record although i regualry criticise levy especailly in the transfer market, i would not swap him for anyone else and i like how we are run, but we do need to take a punt on younger strikers in my opinon.

I am a massive Levy fan......but the fact that everyone knew Jol was getting sacked, during that Europa league game, apart from Jol himself must go down as the biggest blunder Levy was involved in. It was a shameful night for our club. It still leaves a very bitter taste in my mouth..

Not bringing a posse of lawyers to Highbury to face up with Dein and the rest of the fudgers on the day of lasagna-gate and threatening to sue The FA/The PL for a fudgeton of money unless they let us postpone our game against West Ham until the next day.

In no particular order:

* resigning Robbie Keane after he did us over just 6 months previous although our position at the time was dire and i understand him panicking.

* Not supporting Redknapp in the January 2012 Transfer window when 3rd would have almost certainly been secured if Arry was allowed to get in 1 of his 2 main targets.

* Not bringing in a striker this transfer window.

*Appointing Juande Ramos who turned into an utter joker.

* Not attempting to flog Sol ****ball off earlier. Didn't we reject big bids from abroad and United the year before?

The good he's done far outweighs the bad though and i would never want him to leave but he can be annoying at times (so can all of us i guess).

Last edited:
In no particular order:

* resigning Robbie Keane after he did us over just 6 months previous although our position at the time was dire and i understand him panicking.

* Not supporting Redknapp in the January 2012 Transfer window when 3rd would have almost certainly been secured if Arry was allowed to get in 1 of his 2 main targets.

* Bringing in George graham (altough i get why he thought it might work)

* Appointing Juande Ramos who turned into an utter joker.

* Not attempting to flog Sol ****ball off earlier. Didn't we reject big bids from abroad and United the year before?

The good he's done far outweighs the bad though and i would never want him to leave but he can be annoying at times (so can all of us i guess).

Bit harsh considering he didn't actually hire Graham, fired him soon after taking over and that (if Wikipedia is to be trusted) he took over in February 2001 and Campbell left that summer.

In no particular order:

* Bringing in George graham (altough i get why he thought it might work)

* Appointing Juande Ramos who turned into an utter joker.

1) Fair opinion.

2) Im not sure of this one at all. There was alot of uncertainty around Redknapp at this time. Capello was on the rocks; England job. Also, I think the Court case was still dragging on around that time. I dont even think that we needed to strengthen our squad, it was just a matter of rotation.

3) I dont think we should be paying out loads of cash for a big signing when we have a brand new training ground, and a new stadium on the way. Also, I dont even think that we need one. I've put my case across on other threads that we have enough striking options as it is. Its just getting the best out of them.

4) Im a bit too young for that!!!

5) His record at Sevilla was great though. I could understand the appointment, just didnt turn out right.

6) He stated he was going to sign a new contract.

Surprised many people are voting Sacking Jol as the worst decision by Levy. But isn't the fact Ramos won us the Carling Cup after replacing Jol means it was not entirely a bad decision ?

Back