• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Where are we going to finish?

Well 3rd looks like its down the road, but I still believe we can fall over the line and finish 4th. Right now that 5-0 over Saudi Sportswashing Machine could be the the most important.
Revised Prem Prediction

4th Tottenham 67
5th Saudi Sportswashing Machine 67
6th Chelsea 65

this year every one of the big teams has handed out a hammering to one of the others eg
United 1 city 6
United 8 goons 2

I was a bit disappointed that we seemed to have missed out but maybe that 5-0 win was our turn?
Such a significant result, our GD is well ahead of them but if the result had been 1-0 to toon then we would be behind on GD as well as points obviously.

Whether or not we can get some form back is debatable but Saudi Sportswashing Machine have generally struggled against the top sides and I think they will find it hard going at Chelsea. Its still in our own hands and with arsenal to play Chelsea too a lot can change very quickly.

Today was poor but I don't think we have played badly in many of the other of the last ten games. Put a few things right and it is feasible we could win all five remaining more matches. Of course, that is still unlikely but we could certainly improve our points return.

Put today behind us, get the semi out of the way and start again. Still in a great position.

Last edited:
this year every one of the big teams has handed out a hammering to one of the others eg
United 1 city 6
United 8 goons 2

I was a bit disappointed that we seemed to have missed out but maybe that 5-0 win was our turn?
Such a significant result, our GD is well ahead of them but if the result had been 1-0 to toon then we would be behind on GD as well as points obviously.

Whether or not we can get some form back is debatable but Saudi Sportswashing Machine have generally struggled against the top sides and I think they will find it hard going at Chelsea. Its still in our own hands and with arsenal to play Chelsea too a lot can change very quickly.

Today was poor but I don't think we have played badly in many of the other of the last ten games. Put a few things right and it is feasible we could win all five remaining more matches. Of course, that is still unlikely but we could certainly improve our points return.

Put today behind us, get the semi out of the way and start again. Still in a great position.

I'm with you on this. Got to keep positive.
Saudi Sportswashing Machine have 3 away games as well as us. Granted they are bang in form which is a massive bonus

Would you rather have Pardew or Redknapp in charge at Spurs for the 2012/13 season?

Redknapp has been tactically good enough to deliver the last four seasons including this one. Not so bad for someone who is apparently clueless. Undoubtedly his biggest skill though is motivation, and that is what we need in abundance rig now.

Redknapp has been tactically good enough to deliver the last four seasons including this one. Not so bad for someone who is apparently clueless. Undoubtedly his biggest skill though is motivation, and that is what we need in abundance rig now.

We see it against the big teams time and time again, he doesn't get his tactics right. Even against Arsenal last season, going 2-0 down at Arsenal wasn't his plan, even if we did come back to win. As for WHL, we played 2 in midfield against 3 and didn't have control of the match. It is as you say, motivation is his biggest skill. He's not completely devoid of tactics, he sends Joe Jordan to scout sometimes and will do certain things if there will be an obvious issue. (For example, everyone knows how Swansea play, he knew not to try and defend super deep and not press them.)

I don't have any of his Portsmouth tapes to see how he beat Man United in the FA cup. For Spurs, he can see some things (for example, when we played 3 CBs against Stevenage, it was to add height against their diagonal balls, be able to win things in the air against a long ball team and to be able to attack with lots of players through the middle and 2 strikers. You could see a lot of his thought process, I only faintly remember the game, but I remember quite a few things about why that formation was logical to him... We didn't concede but we didn't score either, so I can't say it worked, only that he isn't completely blind to tactics).

But you saw ABV, he was a tactical manager that had done great things in Portugal. The Chelsea players didn't respect him or listen to him when he came out with his files and tried to drill them on positional play (which is what Pep Guardiola is famous for), so tactics alone aren't enough. (Now in fairness, ABV telling Chelsea to play a high line was fudging insane when John Terry was part of that defence. But I've seen a couple of ABV's scout reports, he has a good idea of the teams he plays against.)

So the man manager, the one everyone likes, the great motivator... I hope he finds his magic touch because the players haven't seemed full of confidence for a while. If he can't motivate the players anymore, then he fails at the thing he is supposed to be best at, in that scenario we're fudged. That epic run earlier in the season was confidence fueled.

Would you rather have Pardew or Redknapp in charge at Spurs for the 2012/13 season?

I would definitely rather Saudi Sportswashing Machine's chief scout ahead of our own

Fuego: Theres a lot of sense in what you say. But I do think Redknapp gets a lot of stick for what isnt seen. If the players or other cooaches were critical of tactical nous then maybe. But I think so much is put on the media perception of him being just a wheeler dealer. I just dont think fans appreciate how complex his job probably is. I mean, I watch Spurs play, a goal down with ten minutes left and I think "lets stick on Defoe" or "play three at the back and shove another attacking midfielder in there" because thats what I do on the Playstation and it works. But, although I don't know why, I am sure top level, professional football is a helluva lot more complicated than that.

I just feel the proof is in the pudding, and whether we finish 3rd or 6th, this is still a tough, tough league and you do not get the final positions we have had over the last four years on motivation alone. That said, I appreciate that we could with an upgrade in all areas, manager included. The best players in the world wont win the league with an average coach - see Mancini and Ranieri. Clearly the best style is a mix of both, Fergie, Whinger, Jose. That's what we have to hope for next.

Anyway, on a different note: Last night, if Chelsea had got a winner, then Spurs and Chelsea would be locked on exactly the same points, goal difference and goals scored. The commentary team started spouting some crap about Chelsea going into fourth on "alphabetical order". However, I thought I'd look into it and see what actually WOULD happen, come the end of the season.

I thought it would come down to results between the teams, fair play, or even number of corners won. But no, the FA Premier League Handbook for 2011/12 is a lot clearer on that matter:

"24. Subject to Rule B.31, if any 2 or more Clubs have scored the same number of points, have the same goal difference and have scored the same number of goals in League Matches in that Season they shall be deemed to occupy the same position in the table."

But hold on a minute....

31. If at the end of the Season either the League Champions or the Clubs to be relegated or the
question of qualification for other competitions cannot be determined because 2 or more Clubs are equal on points, goal difference and goals scored, the Clubs concerned shall play off one or more deciding League Matches on neutral grounds, the format, timing and venue of which shall be determined by the Board.

Fancy a bit of that? Who knows, this Sunday could be a preview of things to come...

Last edited:
@ Chicken Badge

So a lock of horns with Chelsea for 4th on points, goals difference and goals scored resulting in a massive play-off on Wembley ?

We'd bottle it and lose 7-0. Nailed on, LOL.

Back