• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What’s everyone reading?

View attachment 16221

Holiday coming up, so reading options sorted.

Probably won’t get through them all but gotta have enough choice, right?

Tbh, I can’t wait. Cold beer, warm sun, sat out the back under a tree at my parents’ place.
The Uninhabitable Earth is some book. Reading the original article (of the same name) was a red-pill moment for me. I remember the article generated a huge amount of discussion in the climate space, like nothing I had seen before. The follow-up book did much the same and changed the course of my life, quite literally. The proverbial scales fell from my eyes.

Last edited:
The Uninhabitable Earth is some book. Reading the original article (of the same name) was a red-pill moment for me. I remember the article generated a huge amount of discussion in the climate space, like nothing I had seen before. The follow-up book did much the same and changed the course of my life, quite literally. The proverbial scales fell from my eyes.

Ah, interesting to hear. It’s been on my list for a while. (Irony not lost on me that I’m flying to my destination.)

Pretty much bang on it - The Gambia. My parents retired there many years ago so I go once or twice a year to their place.

How awesome! I’ve actually been about 15 years ago. What a great place to setup. I guess your folks are quite adventurous.

I loved travelling into the interior and stayed at the Chimp Rehab place in a tree house. It was a special experience I won’t forget.

How awesome! I’ve actually been about 15 years ago. What a great place to setup. I guess your folks are quite adventurous.

I loved travelling into the interior and stayed at the Chimp Rehab place in a tree house. It was a special experience I won’t forget.

Ha, that’s so cool - I’ve been so many times and never done that!

Yes, it was a pretty big leap 23 years ago when they went - it was a very different place then. But they bought a plot of land in a village and built their place and never looked back. An amazing retirement for them.

5C986BED-2E9C-4441-A755-A54141BEF36C.jpeg B46F69DE-17AE-41EA-B52D-4243964AF4F7.jpeg D8B3D29A-0DEF-4FD3-B147-41670E99CCB7.jpeg 03FD37CB-F18F-4ACB-9DF9-0893792F253A.jpeg

Beautiful. Great place to read! I find I only really read books when on holiday now.

I do recommend venturing into the interior. Idk if the chimp place still has tree houses but if so highly recommended. No electricity abut extremely comfortable. Baboons walking past, hippos and can visit the chimps who were re-homed on a mile Long Island in the river. Because many of the rescued chimps were taken from parents as babies they aren’t trained up to be in the wild, so they bring them extra fruit by boat and look out for them. You get to ride along too. But there’s also a whole African village behind the project, school etcWas very humbling/inspirational.

Edit: looks like it’s still going https://www.gambia.co.uk/chimp-rehabilitation-project

Last edited:
I'm reading everything by Eckhart Tolle again. Read some of his books years ago, but a re-read has obviously been well worth it. I find his way of wording the wordless dimensions to be incredible. Excellent books. And very very grounding and helpful for a depressed mind. Highly recommended.

Back