• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What Would You Do? - Summer Ins and Out

OUT: Rose, Naughton, (BAE), Dawson, Kaboul, Holtby, Adebayor, Soldado.
IN: Lovren, Jagielka, 2 new left backs, Griezmann, Lallana, Bony.

I don't think we can really get Jagielka but I think a player of that ilk would be very good for us. Dawson should be just that. But has become incredibly mistake ridden. But then so has even Vertonghen in our side. Aghhh man, it's so hard to write off players that we have based on this season. Surely they are not as bad as what we have seen.

Ideal first XI for me next season

-------------------Lloris----------------
Walker---Garay---Vertonghen---Cole
----------Sandro---Dembele--------
--Lamela------Eriksen------Konoplyanka
-----------------Lukaku-------------------

I'm torn between having a solid midfield pairing (Sandro and Dembele) or have more of a deep lying playmaker or a "regista".

A Strootman or a Javi Martinez-esque player would be very successful in the premier league in my mind. But not sure who we can get. A job for our scouts.

Or if we can get an Axel Witsel, or Montolivio type player to dictate play from deeper. I am hopeful we just let Lamela blossom and he does. The front four would need to be played consistently to let them build a chemistry.

Some of you are dreaming im afraid. More chance that our 'top' players leave than us bring in a few. This season has set us back several years I reckon. Gonna be harder than ever to get near the top 5 (im including Man U in this amongst the current top 4, their collective revenues and general appeal will be far greater than ours following this season). Until the stadium is built I think we're gonna be in limbo of 6th place, secure there with the odd scrap with Everton and possibly Southampton/Saudi Sportswashing Machine/any newcomers for a Europa spot.

I think this summer, knowing how tough it will be to break into top four for a few years we should give the job to Hoddle (tho i wouldnt be disheartened should de Boer or Benitez got it) and let him mould a young team ready for when we move in to the new stadium where we'll hopefully be in a better position on and off the pitch. I'm talking lets target players like Bale & Modric were before we got them, talented youngsters and let them grow with the team.

Lloris will be off I think, as I expect Vertonghen to be aswell. So will some others.

I've no idea how we will line up on the opening day in 2014-15 but I expect it to be a similar standard to our 2006-08 teams. Maybe something like:-

KRUL
WALKER
CAULKER
NEW CB
NEW LB
SANDRO
DEMBELE
LAMELA (50% chance he stays IMO)
ERIKSEN
NEW LM
NEW ST

Hopefully all of the new signings (like Caulker) are young between 20-23 and willing to improve here under Hoddle/a top coach.

I still can't believe people want Caulker back.

Surely we all saw enough of him to see he is a Stephen Kelly rather than a Younes Kaboul?

summer clear out

GOALKEEPERS
Hugo Lloris stay
Brad Friedel dont mind
Heurelho Gomes (out of contract at the end of the season) he can leave
Jordan Archer stay

DEFENDERS
Jan Vertonghen stay unless we get stupid offer for him
Younes Kaboul (out of contract at the end of the season) he can leave
Kyle Walker dont mind
Michael Dawson sqaud player
Vlad Chiriches stay
Danny Rose dont mind. dont like him tbh
Kyle Naughton def stay. hes done well since hes been playing
Ezekiel Fryers stay
Benoit Assou-Ekotto

MIDFIELDERS
Sandro stay
Moussa Dembele sell
Christian Eriksen def stay at all cost.
Paulinho dont mind
Aaron Lennon sell
Andros Townsend stay only because hes young
Erik Lamela stay
Nacer Chadli dont mind if he stays or goes
Gylfi Sigurdsson sells
Etienne Capoue sells
Nabil Bentaleb stays
Lewis Holtby stay
Tom Carroll stay
Iago Falque stay
Jake Livemore sell to hull
Ryan Mason

FORWARDS
Emmanuel Adebayor (clause in his contract means his wages double this summer) sell
Roberto Soldado stay
Harry Kane stay

Re: summer clear out

GOALKEEPERS
Hugo Lloris stay
Brad Friedel dont mind
Heurelho Gomes (out of contract at the end of the season) he can leave
Jordan Archer stay

DEFENDERS
Jan Vertonghen stay unless we get stupid offer for him
Younes Kaboul (out of contract at the end of the season) he can leave
Kyle Walker dont mind
Michael Dawson sqaud player
Vlad Chiriches stay
Danny Rose dont mind. dont like him tbh
Kyle Naughton def stay. hes done well since hes been playing
Ezekiel Fryers stay
Benoit Assou-Ekotto

MIDFIELDERS
Sandro stay
Moussa Dembele sell
Christian Eriksen def stay at all cost.
Paulinho dont mind
Aaron Lennon sell
Andros Townsend stay only because hes young
Erik Lamela stay
Nacer Chadli dont mind if he stays or goes
Gylfi Sigurdsson sells
Etienne Capoue sells
Nabil Bentaleb stays
Lewis Holtby stay
Tom Carroll stay
Iago Falque stay
Jake Livemore sell to hull
Ryan Mason

FORWARDS
Emmanuel Adebayor (clause in his contract means his wages double this summer) sell
Roberto Soldado stay
Harry Kane stay

What? Is that because Emirates Marketing Project no longer pay half?

Not a chance in hell of anyone taking him off our hands then.

The 100% should go list
Invisibilinho
Nogoaldado
kaboul
Livermore

The 95% should go list
Lennon

The probably should go list
Capoue
Sigurdsson
BAE

The don't mind either way...dependant on various factors list
Naughton
Adebayor
Chadli

OP - you've not said what you would do about Benny... an interesting deal either way.

We need to learn from last year, every first team squad member out the door will need to be replaced so let's not bring in 7 players all who would expect to play.

Gomes surely will go, only reason we kept him on is because no one would match the huge salary. I think we need to get shot of Friedal unless he is happy to stay on in a coaching capacity. Would prefer a younger guy in the Europa League.

Need to get CB sorted, Dawson and Kaboul too injury prone. Sell/release one. New boss will hopefully keep Jan.

Rose/Walker/Naughton is not enough at full back. All stay but a new LB please.

Livermore will go, Bentaleb has his place. Keep Dembele unless we get a really good offer. But the team needs to be built around Eriksen with Carroll his understudy.

I don't see the need to rock the boat beyond that. Would like another forward if we could shop out Ade. But needs to be a quality act to replace him. I like Kane but can't see him ever becoming the prolific goalscorer or creator we need. So wouldn't be too gutted if he were replaced. Soldado and Lamela need the chance to come good.

Either of the front two runners for head coach play 4-3-3 so with that in mind:

GK

Lloris
Freidel
Archer

RB

Walker
Naughton

LB

New
Fryers

CB

Dawson
Chiriches
Vertonghen
New

DM

Sandro
Veljkovic

CM

Dembele
Bentaleb
Carroll

AM

Eriksen
Holtby

RF

Lamela
Townsend

LF

New
Chadli

CF

New
Kane
Coulhirst

Sell anyone ive not mentioned

What do people think of Mathieu Valbuena? Why has he stayed at marseille for so long? If not Konoplyanka or Griezmann, we could keep Eriksen left and get Valbuena to be our creative playmaking attacking midfielder?

Sell
Paulhino
Dembele
Adebayor
Siggurdsson
Gomes

Maybe Sell

Lennon
Capoue
Veronghen If we can get decent money for him
Kaboul Prepared to give him one more season, as he hasn't had a proper pre-season to prepare.

Another summer of wholesale changes is Football Manager fantasy stuff.

A few additions and move on the bad eggs. That's all.

One thing for sure is there's some squad trimming/sorting to be done.

Glad Levy is in charge because at least we won't do anything that costs us.

I wouldn't be selling Ade or Dembele.

I've never understood the Tom Carroll obsessions at best he'll be a half decent player imo.

He looks a little too lightweight for me, maybe I'm just being harsh!

As for Dembele, I'd bloody keep him and get him playing like he was under AVB.

The only players I would look to offload are Paulinho possibly and Soldado who quite frankly has been a flop!

I think our numerous experiments with wholesale changes has demonstrated that it's not a good idea. Tearing this new squad apart starting again leaves us just at square one again.

This season has been a step back, but with the talent in the squad and a full season under their belt we can look to start making steps forward again. Even if we make zero changes I'm confident we'll see a much better team next season.

If we can touch up a couple of positions then that would be great but I'd prefer any signings to be more established with PL experience. We've got enough prospects in the team we just need to have the patience to let them develop now. Maybe a left back and a striker is all but that would all depend on who is available for a decent price.

To sell-
Gomes
BAE
Livermore
Adebayor

Our team should be

GK

Lloris
Gomes

RB
Walker
Naughton

CB
Kaboul
Vlad
Verts
New CB

LB
Davies
Rose

DM
Sandro
Capoue

CM
Holtby
Dembele
Bentaleb

AM
Eriksen
Sig

RW
Lennon
Lamela

LW
Chadli
New players

ST
Soldado
New ST
Kane

I'm surprised at the number of people wanting to discard Dembele. He has real talent, that combo with Sandro was deadly. I think if unleashed with more freedom to run and arrive into the box late etc he's do really well but always seems to get asked to stay back.

I always feel safer with Dembele in the team, he's definitely capable of more but I certainly wouldn't be looking to shift him.

Back