• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What Would You Do? - Summer Ins and Out

Is Micah Richards still playing? I remember him from about 2007.

Never really rated him myself - he wasn't tall enough to be a CB and carried too much bulk to be a FB.

Richards is around the same height as Vlad so i don't really know what you're talking about tbh (and he's far better aerially than Vlad).

Richards is excellent when he gets a run of games (at CB and FB). He'll probably go to Gooners when Sagna leaves and we'll all be saying how good he is this time next year.

----------------------Lloris-------------------------
Walker-------Dawson-------Vertonghen------Pieters
--------------Rakitic--------Sandro----------------
-----Lamela---------Michu------------Eriksen
--------------------Soldado--------------------------................Michu, Rakitic and Pieters in. Minimal changes, little disruption, and the side looks like it can score goals...........EDIT - 11 players instead of 12:) DeMbele out.

Last edited by a moderator:
--------------------Sandro-------------------------
-------------Rakitic--------Dembele----------------
----Lamela---------Michu------------Eriksen
--------------------Soldado--------------------------

I'd fancy us with that number of players too......! :lol:

We don't have too many available LB options out there but is this Ben Davies kid that good?
Young with potential but he is hardly a solid rock in the defense ATM:

2014%2f5%2fMost-Ineffective-XI.jpg

Had a think on this and realistically, if we are looking to play a 433 or 4231 we can afford to lose two from Paulinho, Holtby and Siggy, one out of Sandro and Capoue and one out of Soldado and Ade. Given what we already know, I think we'd be better of losing Paulinho, Siggy and Ade, but I can't be sure who I'd rather lose out of Capoue and Sandro as I rate them both.

I'm going to design my team in the same mould using a similar setup to how Brendan Rodgers had at Swansea in their first EPL season. They played with Britton and Allen sitting deep with Siggy playing as the more advanced of the three in midfield. Both of those two had good short range passing skills and got through a lot of work, despite not being the most defensively gifted. They played a big part in helping Swansea keep the ball as well as they did.

-----------------------------------------Lloris----------------------------------------------

Walker--------------Martins Indi------------------Vertonghen ------------------Davies

------------------------Bentaleb--------------------Clasie---------------------------------

---------------------------------------Eriksen----------------------------------------------

--------------Lamela----------------Martinez-----------------Lallana--------------------

2nd 11: Archer, Naughton, Dawson, Chiriches, Rose/Fryers, Capoue/Sandro, Dembele, Holtby, Chadli, Townsend, Soldado.
Youth players to rotate in: Kane, Pritchard, Veljkovic, Fredericks, Carroll and Ceballos are all options.

IN's (Prices in Euros)
----------
Jordy Clasie - 7M
Jackson Martinez - 30M
Martins Indi - 6M
Ben Davies - 5.5M
Adam Lallana - 7.5M

Total: 56M Euros

Outs
------------
Siggy: 8M
Livermore: 2.5M
Lennon: 15M
BAE: 4M
Rose: 6M
Paulinho: 16M
Ade: 8M

Total: 59.5M Euros

So we make a profit according to these number (albeit a small one). That said, these numbers aren't anywhere near accurate with Martinez looking a bit over valued (£18M according to the papers) . Then again 7.5M for Lallana is quite hilarious too. If we weren't being so fanciful then I'd say realistically we will likely retain the services of Vertonghen IF FDB gets the job. Lloris will go whatever, but the money we get from his sale will be enough to buy a decent keeper and still have change to get other players. Lallana is also a pipe dream with the only reason he could join us being if Poch takes the job here.

I really cant see us buying 5 first team players this summer and actually hope we dont either. We need some stability. Sign a first choice LB, perhaps a CB and a reserve keeper and thats it

--------------Rakitic--------Sandro----------------
-----Lamela---------Michu------------Eriksen
--------------------Soldado--------------------------................Michu, Rakitic and Pieters in. Minimal changes, little disruption, and the side looks like it can score goals...........EDIT - 11 players instead of 12:) DeMbele out.

Rakitic doesn't play in that position and i don't think he can.

Is Hulk out of our reach? And would we move for Benteke given that he's injured?

i wonder how much managers' value benteke now. if villa bought him for £7m in summer 2012. and if he was worth £25m last summer. and if he was worth £18-20m just before his injury, i wouldn't be really surprised if hes worth around £7-10m now, given the severity of the injury. you can only feel sorry for him.

Some young British and irish players. Find it depressing that I can't even think who the last British player we signed was.

Some young British and irish players. Find it depressing that I can't even think who the last British player we signed was.

Zeki Fryers - 15 months ago. Before that probably Walker and Naughton.

To be honest, things have moved on. British players are so badly coached (cf abroad) and so over-inflated price-wise, that you can't buy them anymore.

What you have to do is develop your own. Soton have been leading the way with this. But don't forget that while we were busy buying Dawson, Lennon, Huddlestone and co., we weren't producing any of our own players. However since then we've produced Townsend, Caulker and Livermore - our first homegrown EPL calibre players since the King-Carr-Clemence-Young-Kelly generation.

I'd rather we just kept nurturing a production line of talent more of the ilk of Carroll, Pritchard, Coulthirst, Fredericks and Ceballos, than spend £55m on Lallana and Shaw.

Back