• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What Would You Do? - Summer Ins and Out

HBA is too hit and miss for my liking - would have been a typical Spurs signing of the 90s/early 00s - world class on his day but only turns up a handful of games a season

HBA is too hit and miss for my liking - would have been a typical Spurs signing of the 90s/early 00s - world class on his day but only turns up a handful of games a season

tbh he's mostly hit....it's just he's playing under one of the worst 'managers' in football.

How would you play him in the side?

------------------------Sandro--------Dembele------------------------

-----------------------------Ben Arfa----------------------------------

-----Lamela----------------------------------------------Eriksen------

---------------------------__________---------------------------------

I think that line-up would be really tasty on it's good days at least KD.

Like Billy I have my concerns about Ben Arfa, hit and miss and seems selfish and downright lazy at times. Comparisons with Taarabt are not completely wide of the mark.

Could be that the right move at the right time to work under the right manager could do miracles with him. A kind of Sturridge to Liverpool effect of sorts.

Wouldn't be against it if the new manager knew what he was getting and thought he could make it work.

Considering the grief some of our players get for poor work rate or going missing offensively, Ben Arfa is gonna get absolutely slaughtered.

Considering the grief some of our players get for poor work rate or going missing offensively, Ben Arfa is gonna get absolutely slaughtered.

That's why i say we have to retain Dembele to keep the base strong. Him and Sandro have brilliant work rate so should be able to compensate for the other 3's lack of work rate (although Lamela does do his fair share of tracking and Eriksen's tracking back isn't exactly poor). If we add a striker with good work rate like Remy i think it would work very well (not to mention Remy and Ben Arfa are good friends and already have that understanding on the pitch).

Ben Arfa doesn't go "missing offensively" though.

He's not exactly a consistent performer.

If we're looking for someone to run with the ball a lot and shoot wide we may as well stick with Townsend. Ben Arfa's performance against Arsenal in the final game last season was the most selfish, useless piece of crap I have ever seen. I wouldn't want him at Spurs for that alone.

Ben Arfa doesn't go "missing offensively" though.

But that only works for a manager that accepts that players go missing defensively.

I could see real issues with him and someone like Pochettino, or a more obviously very good (but for us unrealistic) managers like Simeoene or Klopp.

I don't know enough about FdB and his style to have an opinion, but I imagine that also LvG should we luck out and get him would have some problems with Ben Arfa.

His selfishness is another issue and one that I could see several managers also having problems with, unless it's something that can be coached out of him.

Edit: For me personally I would rather see us go down a road of trying to both attack and defend as a unit. Total football style. No passengers when defending, no passengers when attacking. I think it's the best way to get a group of players to perform at a level higher than the sum of their parts.

Last edited:
He's 27 now. I think it's starting to get a bit late for him to turn into a top player.

OUT

Rose
Sigurdsson
Daws
Kaboul
Dembele

IN

Pjanic (break the bank and get him in - should've done it last summer, need to do all we can to force it this summer)
IF WE CANNOT GET HIM…Shinji Kagawa who 'should' be well within our grasp.
Ben Davis
Samuel Umtiti
OR
Dejan Lovren
(would rather Umtiti for versatility)
Timo Werner from Stuggart who looks like a fantastic player

My ideal first 11

Lloris

Walker
Chiriches
Vertonghen
Davis

Sandro

Lamela Pjanic Lennon

Ade

Soldado

subs: Archer, Dawson, Paulinho, Werner, Bentaleb, Eriksen, Umtiti

If no Pjanic, Kagawa…if neither, Eriksen starts.

Outs:

Sherwood
Adebayor
Townsend

Ins:

meh...
replacements for everyone else we sell I guess and a LB.

The three definite outs for me is;

Rose
Kaboul
Paulinho

All three have been abysmal all season. No grit or talent or effort in any of them. Rose shows some effort once in a while, just doesn't have the talent to play left-back.

I don't watch enough football to know anything about ins.

Naughton out.
Ben Davies of Swansea in.

Soldado out.
Batshuyai of Standard in.

Adebayor out.
Luis Muriel of Udinese in.

I don't want a summer of upheaval. Just think Soldado is a dud for us and can go to, say, Atletico if they sell Costa.
I don't think Naughton is any good, seems to lack confidence. Walker can play right, Davies left.
Third one is the one I am less bothered about. Adebayor can still command a fee at this stage and with Soldado already gone, Batshuyai is an up and coming Belgian striker that I think would suit us more than they do - and Muriel is a player I think has plenty of potential. Although I see Spurs linked to Jackson Martinez today, that would also work.

He's 27 now. I think it's starting to get a bit late for him to turn into a top player.

Needs to move to Italy. Taarabt has been a hit in Milan.

We just need some stability and unity. And to help that happen a strong relatively experience manager will the most important signing we will make over the summer. Personally I don't want to see too many changes. Maybe we'll start to buy and sell towards the end of the window as the manager gets to know his team. Levy needs to resist the urge to do too many deals imo, apart from getting a new coaching staff settled in ASAP. I'd be on the phone to FDB and have him installed as soon as possible.

OUT: Rose, Naughton, (BAE), Dawson, Kaboul, Holtby, Adebayor, Soldado.
IN: Lovren, Jagielka, 2 new left backs, Griezmann, Lallana, Bony.

Back