• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What will Daniel Levy's End of Season Open Letter say??

images

hmmm ...

Come on guys, do you really think he writes it himself? It's a nice little PR exercise to keep the masses happy

Stopped reading here.

Despite the spelling mistakes, (higher/hire) it is an excellent article. We probably DO punch above our weight, our problem is that we naturally see the glass as half empty not half full!

Stopped reading here.

Despite the spelling mistakes, (higher/hire) it is an excellent article. We probably DO punch above our weight, our problem is that we naturally see the glass as half empty not half full!

Having supported Spurs since the 70's I can tell you we are punching well above our weight, unfortunately too many of our fans have only started supporting them in the last 10 years and think top 4 is our rightful home and we can achieve it by spending money on overpaid overrated foreign "superstars" (not looking at you Soldado and Lamela) and by doing so the league is ours. It doesn't work, won't work and surprisingly hasn't worked. We cannot compete with Chelsea or Emirates Marketing Project in the transfer market, Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool have a greater worldwide fanbase, simply put those five can outbid and pay higher wages than we even can and to compete with them season after season (which we have done recently) is a massive achievement, but all we hear is how bad we're doing not how well. We are NOT a top 4 club so be happy with what you have a club that is not in debt, not selling its soul to the devil (Emirates Marketing Project/Chelsea) and not claiming to be able to fill a nice new 60,000 seater stadium (West Ham).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ham-fans-want-Levy-Spurs-punching-weight.html

I think this article is a pretty fair representation of us as a club.

Selected extracts -

But what, exactly, were they protesting about? History tells us that the more teams spend on wages, the higher they will finish in the table.

Last season, for example, Tottenham had the sixth biggest budget (£90m) for salaries in the league behind Emirates Marketing Project (£202m), Chelsea (£173m), Manchester United (£162m), Arsenal (£143m) and Liverpool (£119m).

On that basis you could argue that Tottenham’s fifth-placed finish under Andre Villas-Boas was an over-achievement.

The season before, when Harry Redknapp was sacked after finishing fourth, Spurs once again had the sixth biggest wage bill in the Premier League.

Chelsea (£190m), City (£174m), United (£153m), Liverpool (£121m) and Arsenal (£120m) were all out in front of Tottenham (£91m).

On those figures alone, Redknapp also performed beyond expectations, even if his team missed out on the Champions League because of Chelsea’s triumph against Bayern Munich in 2012

They are the 10th best supported club in the division, behind Manchester United, Arsenal, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Emirates Marketing Project, Liverpool, Chelsea, Sunderland, Everton and Aston Villa.

To put that into context West Ham, in danger of being sucked back into the relegation scrap, are the 11th best supported team in the league

He knows that to compete at the highest level, to qualify for the Champions League on a regular basis they need a 60,000 stadium to do it.

It is only when the have the stadium and the increased matchday revenues, plus the ability to pay bigger salaries for better players, that Tottenham can count themselves among the big boys.

To put that into context, Manchester United’s revenue last season was £363m, City (£271m), Chelsea (£260m), Arsenal (£243m), Liverpool (£206m) and Tottenham’s was £147m. They are miles behind.

This is a club with Champions League ambitions operating on a Europa League budget

I am willing to give Levy & Co the benefit of the doubt and wait to see what progress we make with the new stadium in place. In the meantime what I do want is to watch exciting football. The 10th best supported remark refers to stadium capacity I would imagine.

Stopped reading here.

Not so much the spelling mistakes (which are ****ing awful). Being a Utd fan you can't even attribute it to a Northern education.

It's more the suggestion that nobody believes in tactical coaches any more - WTF? Just because Utd didn't go for one and are now paying the price, it doesn't mean that the rest of the world's top clubs don't want to.

They are the 10th best supported club in the division, behind Manchester United, Arsenal, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Emirates Marketing Project, Liverpool, Chelsea, Sunderland, Everton and Aston Villa.

I'd like to see the raw data for this - not sure about it at all.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ham-fans-want-Levy-Spurs-punching-weight.html

I am willing to give Levy & Co the benefit of the doubt and wait to see what progress we make with the new stadium in place. In the meantime what I do want is to watch exciting football. The 10th best supported remark refers to stadium capacity I would imagine.

To be fair to Ashton he made very simple but well put points.

As for the stadium it could very interesting, nothing can happen until a decision is made on the CPO but word is there will be a new design with a sliding pitch and retractable roof! Still will have to just wait and see....

I'd like to see the raw data for this - not sure about it at all.

The raw data would be average attendance looking at those teams...so it's not how much support we have, it's how many go to watch the game every week....obviously for us this is capped at 36k so it's a case of using stats to tell the story you want them to tell....now change it to match day revenue and we'd certainly be higher!

The raw data would be average attendance looking at those teams...so it's not how much support we have, it's how many go to watch the game every week....obviously for us this is capped at 36k so it's a case of using stats to tell the story you want them to tell....now change it to match day revenue and we'd certainly be higher!

You're right. Am I right in thinking that we get a bigger share of the Sky money too? I'm sure we're on more than most.

There's also overseas sales - no offence to the likes of Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Sunderland, Everton, Villa, etc. but I doubt their sales in the far east or the US are much to write home about. Who arranges overseas TV rights? Is that part of the PL deal?

How aarse licking is that article, considering the author was one of the main reasons everyone turned on AvB. Aston should go on my qunt list in random. He was also the person that pushed the Modric transfer. Qunt

If Levy does stick with Sherwood for some weird reason, the Levy Out campaign will ramp up big time I would imagine. People don't mind that he's here for 6 months in a season we've all written off. But to go into the new season with him would set us back years.

What does it matter? Any statement issued by any company is just a PR exercise.

Never understood why people get so wound up by stuff like this or player interviews. 99% of the time it's simply catering to the fans by spouting cliches pre-approved by the club's press officer.

How aarse licking is that article, considering the author was one of the main reasons everyone turned on AvB. Aston should go on my qunt list in random. He was also the person that pushed the Modric transfer. Qunt

Its correct though (the article).

When you consider our resources, we are punching above our weight and Levy is doing a good job. Everyone makes mistakes and other than Arsenal & Man U his manager turnover and our player turnover is no more or less than pretty much any other club. When Levy drops a gonad*, he normally acts quickly and decisively to sort it out, which is all you can wish for in a chairman, as EVERYONE makes mistakes.

Its correct though (the article).

When you consider our resources, we are punching above our weight and Levy is doing a good job. Everyone makes mistakes and other than Arsenal & Man U his manager turnover and our player turnover is no more or less than pretty much any other club. When Levy drops a gonad*, he normally acts quickly and decisively to sort it out, which is all you can wish for in a chairman, as EVERYONE makes mistakes.

Its not right though, our resources are greater than those of Everton, Saudi Sportswashing Machine etc. We are performing where we should be, above the lesser income teams and below the sugar daddy and Champions League teams.. Liverpool, Mignolet 31 games.. Lloris 42 is a glimpse at why Liverpool are in the top 4 (as well as tacticallycorrect). To say 36k means we are on a level, that simply is not true. You need to delve deeper. Matchday income over a season in 2012 Saudi Sportswashing Machine 24m, Tottenham over 40m. Commercial sales etc etc.Television income.

The 36k angle is a ridiculous angle to start from as an argument standpoint.

We are not punching above our weight.

Back