• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What will Daniel Levy's End of Season Open Letter say??

I think you are trying to read between the lines when the message seems fairly clear IMO. When I read that sentence I thought a few key additions/departures to the playing staff (LB hopefully) and a mandate to play more entertaining football to the manager (new or old). This seems reasonable to me and is a policy that most on here would endorse. Let's face it, we have 3-4 new players that have only played a smattering of games between them this season and we have no real idea what to expect from them.

You could argue that LB and possibly a new GK are the only real positions that need upgrading. Yes I would like a tasty flavour of the month buy too but I'd much rather see the manager mould a system around the playing staff we have got, and I think Levy's message implies this.

Yeah.

The lack of comment about the manager as an individual is reasonably telling too I think. Levy's statement here makes it clear to me that who our manager will be going forward is up in the air... (which makes me thing it is very unlikely to be Sherwood)

Yeah.

The lack of comment about the manager as an individual is reasonably telling too I think. Levy's statement here makes it clear to me that who our manager will be going forward is up in the air... (which makes me thing it is very unlikely to be Sherwood)

agreed - Id say if we were planning on a replacement this summer or if one has already been agreed in principal then he'd avoid the subject completely (which he has done) - he mentions no upheaval to the squad and doesn't mention the managers role at all, if Sherwood was to be left in charge then i think he would have referenced it in someway.

especially keeping in mind Sherwood has been on record questioning members of the squad and talking about bringing in players - doesn't really tie in with the we think there's plenty of potential here angle

i think the reverse - Id say if we were planning on a replacement this summer or if one has already been agreed in principal then he'd avoid the subject completely (which he has done) - he mentions no upheaval to the squad and doesn't mention the managers role at all, if Sherwood was to be left in charge then i think he would have referenced it in someway.

Yeah sorry, maybe I didn't express myself particularly well. I essentially agree with you. I think the total avoidance of the matter makes it more likely that we are planning a replacement and that Sherwood won't be in charge.

"We shall not look to a summer of major upheaval..."

LoL. The guy's a hoot.

let's hope Liverpool's resurgence under Rodgers has given him food for thought

ledley - i misread the gist of what you said and edited my post to say i agree ;)

Yeah.

that all seems like a reasonable interpretation to me -

in regards to the point about spacegoat tim - I really think that Liverpool was his chance to prove something - but his team selection was baffling.

hopefully this means that if loris and jan agitate for moves he will tell them to bog off.

The media have latched on to the bit about no "major upheaval" and have translated is as Sherwood keeps his job. I think a new manager in the summer isn't considered major upheaval anymore

Back