• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What will Daniel Levy's End of Season Open Letter say??

Its not right though, our resources are greater than those of Everton, Saudi Sportswashing Machine etc. We are performing where we should be, above the lesser income teams and below the sugar daddy and Champions League teams.. Liverpool, Mignolet 31 games.. Lloris 42 is a glimpse at why Liverpool are in the top 4 (as well as tacticallycorrect). To say 36k means we are on a level, that simply is not true. You need to delve deeper. Matchday income over a season in 2012 Saudi Sportswashing Machine 24m, Tottenham over 40m. Commercial sales etc etc.Television income.

The 36k angle is a ridiculous angle to start from as an argument standpoint.

We are not punching above our weight.

id528207bf.jpg

White Hart Lane may only have 36,000 seats but it also has 120 boxes, which is absolutely huge for a stadium of that size seeing as Upton Park which has a similar capacity (35k) to WHL only has 70, in fact it's more than the Allianz Arena with 106.

Its not right though, our resources are greater than those of Everton, Saudi Sportswashing Machine etc. We are performing where we should be, above the lesser income teams and below the sugar daddy and Champions League teams.. Liverpool, Mignolet 31 games.. Lloris 42 is a glimpse at why Liverpool are in the top 4 (as well as tacticallycorrect). To say 36k means we are on a level, that simply is not true. You need to delve deeper. Matchday income over a season in 2012 Saudi Sportswashing Machine 24m, Tottenham over 40m. Commercial sales etc etc.Television income.

The 36k angle is a ridiculous angle to start from as an argument standpoint.

We are not punching above our weight.

Our revenues and wage-bill are indeed comfortably ahead of the likes of Everton and Saudi Sportswashing Machine but we are still miles behind the big 5 of ManU, Chelsea, Emirates Marketing Project, Liverpool and L'ARSEnal. So consistently finishing better than 6th place is punching above our weight.

Are you fricken kiddin me lol

Your saying we are punching above our weight because we are 5th and not 6th, when you don't factor in the top 5 intangibles like having a bad season. Do me a favour.. if we had money coming in like Sunderland or Saudi Sportswashing Machine and finishing 5th then you can say the term 'punching above our weight'.

Again this club is where it should be 6th on a bad year.. 5th on a good year in terms of income and facilities available to it. It is not puching above its weight lol

Your saying we are punching above our weight because we are 5th and not 6th, when you don't factor in the top 5 intangibles like having a bad season. Do me a favour.. if we had money coming in like Sunderland or Saudi Sportswashing Machine and finishing 5th then you can say the term 'punching above our weight'.

Again this club is where it should be 6th on a bad year.. 5th on a good year in terms of income and facilities available to it. It is not puching above its weight lol

So Levy deserves no credit for the fact that Spurs finished in the top 4 twice in the previous four seasons, for the first time since the mid 1980s, or is that not punching above our weight either?

So Levy deserves no credit for the fact that Spurs finished in the top 4 twice in the previous four seasons, for the first time since the mid 1980s, or is that not punching above our weight either?

lol, no that's taking advantage of treating the Europa league like a Sunday pub competition and Liverpool going through ownership hell with Gillete & Hicks

....."thanks for everything,as of tomorrow i'm handing the reigns over to a certain,Mr Ashby from Saudi Sportswashing Machine,i think you be in good hands for the future"........#shellsuitchavy.....

article-0-1C73BC5A00000578-493_634x414.jpg
article-0-1C738DA000000578-686_634x413.jpg
who are the fat blokes sitting next to Levy and Eales????

Tottenham must follow Benfica
blueprint to realise full potential

66spursmain2003a.jpg

Light fantastic: Spurs train at Benfica’s impressive stadium — a similar venue is needed for the club to realise their potential

Tom Collomosse
Updated: 17:24, 20 March 2014

When Tottenham officials take their seats in the 65,000-capacity Stadium of Light tonight, they will doubtless notice the contrast between their own club’s situation and that of Benfica.

A severe injury list has forced head coach Tim Sherwood to bring eight players on this trip who have never made a first-team appearance for Spurs, while Benfica promise to be as powerful as at White Hart Lane last week. There, they established a 3-1 first-leg lead that should send them through to the Europa League quarter-finals.

It is off the pitch, though, where the clearest differences lie for those who make the key decisions at Tottenham. For the last seven years, Spurs have been trying to put together the financial package that will deliver a new stadium. Here, in Lisbon, they see many of the things they crave.

Benfica have an imposing, modern home, which opened in October 2003, but has retained its magic by keeping its name — Estadio Da Luz, the Stadium of Light, one of the most evocative in the history of European football.

The club have spent nine full seasons in the new venue and, in May, it will host the Champions League Final.

Inside the complex of the new ground — which Benfica own — there is a museum, a vast megastore and various other outlets, all of which help to boost the bank balance of the Portuguese league leaders.

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy, who takes a leading role in the club’s transfer dealings, cannot fail to admire the Benfica model in this area, either. In recent years David Luiz, Ramires, Fabio Coentrao, Angel Di Maria, Javi Garcia and Axel Witsel have left the club for a combined transfer total of around £140million and a profit of more than £125m.

In January, Nemanja Matic returned to Chelsea for £21m — a profit of about £18m for Benfica.

In the summer, centre-back Ezequiel Garay and attacker Lazar Markovic are sure to attract attention.

The frustration for Tottenham is that, if they can somehow reach the financial and naming-rights agreements necessary for a new, £400m stadium, there is so much potential to realise.

Benfica’s average league attendance last season was about 42,000; Spurs would expect to fill a 56,000-capacity arena for every home game.

“The club are making steps to be able to move into a new ground,” Sherwood said. “Our neighbours [Arsenal] have done it and it enables you to finance the buying of players.

“Not only that, we have a massive fan base at Tottenham. We have a huge waiting list for season tickets and I’m sure a lot of those people can’t wait for the new stadium to be built, so they can all watch the team play week in, week out.”

Although Benfica are virtually guaranteed Champions League football every season because their domestic competition is relatively weak, their dominance is double-edged.

Few of the world’s best players aspire to play in Portuguese domestic football at the peak of their careers.

In 2012-13, Porto received £11m in television money as they won the domestic title.

Manchester United, the champions of England, received £60.8m. Even Queens Park Rangers, who finished bottom of the Premier League last season, still earned £39.8m.

Levy has been attacked by supporters, particularly in recent weeks, for making the bottom line a priority above a clear strategy on the field.

While some of these criticisms are valid, Levy is working tirelessly behind the scenes to try to deliver a new stadium, in a financial climate that has been extremely difficult during the last six years. There is optimism at the club that a breakthrough is close. If he were able to report genuine progress at the end of the campaign, for example, it would placate many of those fans who have become disillusioned with the club.

Levy rarely speaks in public but when he does, the language he uses is instructive. He has mentioned before a desire to “solve the stadium”, a curious turn of phrase but one that reveals much about how Levy sees the matter.

Sort out the new ground, the thinking goes, and Spurs will be in a far better position to become regular Champions League qualifiers, attract better players and — crucially — become a very enticing option for potential investors.

Benfica are a useful example for Spurs. Neither club has the cachet of Real Madrid, Barcelona or Bayern Munich but they are important, well-supported institutions in their respective capital cities.

Benfica’s business strategy means they are solid, regular competitors in European football, they have a squad of talented young players who will make them money, and they play in a magnificent, state-of-the-art arena.

Spurs can, and should, be optimistic about reaching a similar level in the years to come.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...eprint-to-realise-full-potential-9205271.html

Whilst Benfica are in a lesser league than ours it does show you it can work. Porto to them and Sporting Lisbon over the past 25-30 years have been what Chelsea are to us and Arsenal, so they are up against it despite being the biggest club in the country. Our model isn't perfect but I'd rather do what we're doing than take a Leeds utd style gamble.

Dear Mugs,
I'm putting season ticket prices up 10% as we have to pay out AVB's and Tim Sherword's contracts

Regards

Daniel

Dear Mugs,
I'm putting season ticket prices up 10% as we have to pay out AVB's and Tim Sherword's contracts

Regards

Daniel

I thought he had already said ticket prices were staying as they are?

Also as AVB now has another job does his compensation stop?

"just look at our neighbours - they haven't sacked their manager and they haven't won any trophies recently either"

I can't wait to read this see what the greedy little cretin has to say for himself. Can anyone find the old ones from before? Would love to read the one from 2004 only thing I can compare this season to in recent years.

no - 6th is where we should be finishing if everyone has an equal season. anything higher than that is an improvement ie punching above our weight - the fact we've spent so long on the verge of breaking in to the top 4 that now supporters are getting pis.sy because we're spending one season off the pace highlights the good work which has been done over the last decade or so.

one season in our natural position boo ****ing hoo - cry me a river

Back