• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What was your lowest point as a Spurs fan?

I must be the only one who wasn't that bothered about lasagne gate. I never had any hopes of us getting top 4, even of the final day. And even if we did, I had a feeling Arsenal would beat Barca anyway.

Yeah, thinking about it we probably did the right thing losing against West Ham. If we hadn't Arsenal would have a Champions League in the cabinet.

In 'recent' times, lasagnegate. The goons & west hams fans celebrating together afterwards all over london was absolutely sickening. I recall the '01 semi stinging a fair bit at the time too.

But my main one isn't actually team-related. It was being shafted out of a ticket for the 2008 league cup final having given up my season ticket (and downgraded to membership) the season before. Utterly failing to get anyone at Spurs to acknowledge my greviance didn't help......

For me lasgnegate was a lot worse than last season. I was in high school at the time and remember not showing up for a week. Last season I just saw it coming from a mile away, and even more than that, I almost felt like we deserved that for letting out lead at 3rd go... that 05/06 season traumatised me as a fan surely, I've never been the same since then.

I can live with the disappointments on the pitch, its of the pitch that get me upset.. Pleat getting caught was a low point for me.

Graham Poll not giving a penalty at the end of the game in 2002 Worthington Cup Final

A blatant penalty, shocking. I was so so depressed after that game, I had to have along walk to get my head together

For me it has to be Chelsea winning the Champions League. I can't remember a worse moment in all my life.

So many!!

92/93 SF defeat to L'arse, 94/95 SF defeat to Everton, Teddy moving to United, judas moving to L'arse, lasagnegate and CFC fluking the CL.

I was watching the CL final and as soon as Dogba hit the pen you could see the GK was going the wrong way and it was in I didn't even wait for the ball to hit the back of the net. It was like slow-mo and I switched the TV off and felt numb unable to even feel angry and went to bed.

I must be the only one who wasn't that bothered about lasagne gate. I never had any hopes of us getting top 4, even of the final day. And even if we did, I had a feeling Arsenal would beat Barca anyway.

I'm convinced that would have happened myself.

Tbh, if I had the choice of us finishing 4th that day and Arsenal winning the CL
or
Us finishing 5th and getting CL a few years later, but Arsenal losing in the final as they did, I think I would still take the heartache of the 2nd option

Exactly ^^^ Roy and Paxton.

The heartache from Chelsea winning the CL would have been reduced had we finished 5th and Saudi Sportswashing Machine finished ahead of us.

The Everton semi final loss stands out for me. As does the Portsmouth one.

The Everton semi... I will be haunted by Amokachi's celebration and Hinchcliffes corners. I was convinced it was our year after Teddy and Klinsmann at Anfield

Depressing thought, but what ratio of depressing to joyful moments do you reckon you've experienced as a Spurs fan? I reckon the depressing outweigh joyful at least 4:1.

Then again, I suppose it just makes those moments of success seem even better.

Depressing thought, but what ratio of depressing to joyful moments do you reckon you've experienced as a Spurs fan? I reckon the depressing outweigh joyful at least 4:1.

Then again, I suppose it just makes those moments of success seem even better.

Character building or something like that ! .

Back