• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What was your lowest point as a Spurs fan?

Worst game has to be City away last season. Never been so gutted, we were flying and would have won for that Bale/Defoe miss. Last minute penalty followed. We could have been top that day mid-february.

I still think we never recovered from that game and the few months that followed were down to that day.
Im a young fan, so I dont have that many low points. I also remember the day we lost Carrick, that was a bad one, and selling Berbatov. That was far worse than losing Modric.

Lasagne day was also a bad one. We didnt deserve that.

I've said that many times myself. I know plenty of other things happened, the trial,the England job, the 5-2 NLD,but for me it all seemed to start going wrong from that day

The relegation fight with Pleat in charge after Hoddle was sacked.

2008/09 season as well with us selling both Berbatov and Keane, buying back Defoe, then Keane too, sacrificing the UEFA cup, losing the League Cup final and then just missing out on a European spot in the end. That really killed a lot of my enthusiasm for football and Spurs.

Beating Stoke 3-1 and coming away feeling like we'd lost. When you came come away feeling brick after a win it just shows that bunch of brawlers shouldn't be allowed near decent people (and me). There wasn't a semblance of an attempt by Stoke to take part in a sporting fixture.

Worst game has to be City away last season. Never been so gutted, we were flying and would have won for that Bale/Defoe miss. Last minute penalty followed. We could have been top that day mid-february.

I still think we never recovered from that game and the few months that followed were down to that day.

Im a young fan, so I dont have that many low points. I also remember the day we lost Carrick, that was a bad one, and selling Berbatov. That was far worse than losing Modric.

Lasagne day was also a bad one. We didnt deserve that.

None of those came close to the shock and sadness of selling Chris Waddle. At least with Carrick, Berbatov and Modric, we knew it was coming.

Waddle's sale to Marseille, by contrast, came from out of the blue. No warning at all. I remember going into the local corner shop for something or other and doing a shocked double take as I casually glanced at the headline on the back of the day's Evening Standard (no internet or Sky Sports News back then).

Only days, earlier, we had signed Gary Lineker to form a holy trinity with Waddle and Gascoigne. There was huge excitement; a real sense that this was the start of big things for the club. As it turned out, Waddle's sale proved to be the first dark cloud to presage the approaching financial storm that was soon to leave us fighting for our very existence.

Last edited:
Slightly different to most but other then the two recent semis in fa cup the loss to Seville few years ago for me was gut wrenching. They were average at best and in my eyes that game was the final winner of that leg won the uefa cup.

I've said that many times myself. I know plenty of other things happened, the trial,the England job, the 5-2 NLD,but for me it all seemed to start going wrong from that day

I agree on that but ...

... watching the CL final was a low of lows. Even when Bayern scored I couldn't get excited. The day was designed to torment us. Losing a final ... I remember the silence of the tube train back from Wembley in 1982 ... is different. Losing a football game is the counterpart to the glory of winning. There was something particularly soul destroying about watching Chelsea take our destiny through a ridiculous series of lucky events: missed penalties from Messi, Robben and the most German name ever.

I agree on that but ...

... watching the CL final was a low of lows. Even when Bayern scored I couldn't get excited. The day was designed to torment us. Losing a final ... I remember the silence of the tube train back from Wembley in 1982 ... is different. Losing a football game is the counterpart to the glory of winning. There was something particularly soul destroying about watching Chelsea take our destiny through a ridiculous series of lucky events: missed penalties from Messi, Robben and the most German name ever.

That was uncanny. I mean has the guy ever missed another penalty other than that one. Robben's tbh you just knew he would miss, because by then it was becoming obvious Chelsea's name was on it

Without doubt the day we made George Graham our manager. To this day a part of me still cannot quite believe it actually happened. My mind has literally blocked it out of existance. I dont even acknowledge the league cup win in 99.

There have been a few over the years but two stand out, seeing us relegated in 77 and losing the Cup Final to Coventtry in 87. We came so close that season to all three trophys yet ended up with none.

Everyone going on about Chelsea champions league etc in all honesty I was gutted gutted as fudge in fact but the fact we missed out on champions league wasn't a huge part of it I was just more depressed such a disgusting excuse
For a football club won the premier trophy in club football.

Bill Nicholson not receiving a knighthood and how he was treated by the club just after he resigned was a very low blow.

Yep, and I knew exacly what was going to follow. It started the bottle period.

I was as disgusted as I have ever been, and you could feel the players were aswell. It really was awful.

We were so strong at point aswell, to come back from 2-0 down, miss that chance, balotelli not sent off, and then that penalty. That was like the end of the season. If we had won that day, we would have pushed them all the way I'm sure.

i was resigned to missing out on CL when we missed out on 3rd so the actual final itself wasn't so much of a heart breaker

i was resigned to missing out on CL when we missed out on 3rd so the actual final itself wasn't so much of a heart breaker

Yeah, somehow I wasnt that bad after the CL final. I was down after we finished 4th, because the main thing was finishing above Arsenal so in some way I think I had switched off after that game.

What a season that was, started so well, ended so badly, ups and downs, the harry saga and all that. It was a long season and I remember being happy it was over.

I can't read any more of this thread. I'm going to my happy place now (that would be the fridge with the beer in it).

Probably when we beat charlton in the cup a couple of seasons ago because i knew it was the last time i would go to a game with my dad. Purley football reasons the are to many to choose from sadly haha.

Maybe gazza getting injured in the final of the cup, i was so desperate to see him do something in a final after getting a yellow in the world cup semi. Players of his quality you just want to see them do something on the biggest stage. Remember being pretty gutted when arsenal signed bergkamp.

Witnessing the Arse win the League title at WHL 1971, final home game of the season, by beating us 1-0. Nothing will ever 'bottom' that, surely?

Chelsea winning the CL last season came close, mind.

Last edited:
fudge it I come back it's such a dark place that I've put it to back of my mind but with out fail 2004 when you know what happened at end of season. Hand on heart say I'm a bit of a dingdong but never act a
Prick/give it the biggun at football that day unfortunately is my
Only exception was not happy one bit walking out the ground and quite happily waited outside for half hour to terrorise the away fans going home.

Back