• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What was your lowest point as a Spurs fan?

milo

Jack L. Jones
Following on from the thread on high points. What was your lowest point as a Spurs fan?

Last season hands downs. CL final. Landed in Florida to a flood of texts from gooners saying how Chelsea had luckily beat Bayern. I'm glad I didn't actually see the game, but it still fudging hurt and it was a horrible start to my holiday.

I'm a Spurs fan. I love this club no matter what. Being a fan of this club is a privilege. I never have a lowpoint being a Spurs fan.

Two games come to mind, only one of them involving Spurs:

1987 FA Cup final. Brilliant Spurs team that deserved to win something but which fell just short in every competition. The defeat to Coventry was very hard to take.

2012 Champions League final. I have rarely been as depressed as I was in the days and weeks following Chelsea's ugly CL triumph. To think that a whole year's hard work and hopes were rendered meaningless by one swing of a leg in a penalty shoot out. I raged at Bayern's (and Barca's) appalling wastefulness in front of goal and at UEFA for their utterly nonsensical four club rule.

The team getting relegated from the old 1st Division.
Letting "Big Pat" go to Arsenal.
Losing 0-5 to Arsenal at WHL.
Getting thumped 7-0 at Anfield.
Losing 1-4 to Everton in the FASF.
.....up to Bayern Munich failing to win the CL last year!!

Last season hands downs. CL final. Landed in Florida to a flood of texts from gooners saying how Chelsea had luckily beat Bayern. I'm glad I didn't actually see the game, but it still fudging hurt and it was a horrible start to my holiday.

QIA

I thought Lasagnagate was bad enough but last May was a nightmare.
Started when Robben started playing like a muppet, Bayern handing the CL to a team nowhere good enough to be champions of Luxembourg let alone Europe. And it just kept on and on from there, seemed even to be an impact coming into this season.

But you have to take the sour with the sweet, I'm an optimist and I feel really good about what AVB is doing and I think there is still going to be some redemption for him and us against Chelski.

To add to the above, I'd also cite the entire period of 1996-2004 as a low point - with too few exceptions, we suffered bad players, bad teams, bad managers, bad performances and bad results. All the while, having to watch hated London rivals win trophy after trophy and steam ever further out of sight. Fearing that we would never again catch up.

been plenty, judas, the lasagne, all those thumpings by le arse, sheringham/waddle/gazza/lineker/klinsmann leaving

the 2 that come to mind first though are the 2 fa cup semi final capitulations of recent years

Two games come to mind, only one of them involving Spurs:

1987 FA Cup final. Brilliant Spurs team that deserved to win something but which fell just short in every competition. The defeat to Coventry was very hard to take.

2012 Champions League final. I have rarely been as depressed as I was in the days and weeks following Chelsea's ugly CL triumph. To think that a whole year's hard work and hopes were rendered meaningless by one swing of a leg in a penalty shoot out. I raged at Bayern's (and Barca's) appalling wastefulness in front of goal and at UEFA for their utterly nonsensical four club rule.

We've had far worse teams than we did last season, but like you say, to have a CL spot ripped away from us like that was gutting. Would have been easier to stomach had they actually deserved it, but they didn't deserve it one iota. They were lucky in just about every round.

The team getting relegated from the old 1st Division.

Strangely enough, that didn't really depress me.

That might have been because I was only 11 at the time. But it also felt more like an adventure than a death sentence. The dread of relegation wasn't anything like it is now. There wasn't such a big difference then between the top and second tiers, especially in terms of money. And that season in the second division was hugely exciting - certainly more so than any league season over the previous four or five years.

One that sticks out was losing to Liverpool early on in the 90-91 season. I was very young, we had Gazza & Lineker and we were unbeaten in our first few games of the season. I just couldn't comprehend us losing. My glory hunting, Liverpool supporting sister didn't help at the time either.

Being in attendance at the recent FA Cup semi final defeats to Chelsea and Portsmouth .
End of last season.

There were a few heavy defeats during the mid to late 90's that made school the next day pretty depressing.

Giving up 3 goal leads to City and United at home.

1) Appointing Graham manager

2) Appointing Redknapp manager

3) Having to sell Gascoigne and Lineker in summer 92 because we were going broke

Basically to me the times we sold the soul of the club were worse than any on-pitch defeats

That was always going to happen. The disaster at Villa when we played for the draw was far worse

Getting relegated at the end of the 1976-77 season or losing the 1974 UEFA Cup Final to Feijenoord.

Both were bitter pills to swallow.

Anytime we lost to Arsenal.
Most recently when we played 442 at there's with Redknapp, where he played the same team that beat Saudi Sportswashing Machine, that included Saha and Krancjar. Then crossing his arms in a slump, bewildered as to what went wrong.

Also throwing away a 13 point advantage.

Without question finding out C***bell had chosen to sign for the scum. I remember seeing him on SSN holding up their used tampon shirt next to that smirking French paedo and I just couldn't bring myself to accept this was happening. It felt like it must feel to find out your wife of 10 years was banging the next door neighbour you hate but secretly want to be like as he was a lot richer and more successful than you and had a nicer car and house....still you'd never thought someone so close to you would end up deserting you in the worst possible way...

Any goon loss and last season's ECL final.

As a kid, I'd say the Coventry FA Cup loss and selling Garth Crooks.

Getting relegated was a low-point but if I remember correctly you could feel it coming, so when it actually happened you were sort of resigned to it.
Probably the worst I have felt was losing the 3-goal lead to 10-men City in the FA Cup. I dont remember sleeping that night i was so sick to the stomach

Worst game has to be City away last season. Never been so gutted, we were flying and would have won for that Bale/Defoe miss. Last minute penalty followed. We could have been top that day mid-february.

I still think we never recovered from that game and the few months that followed were down to that day.

Im a young fan, so I dont have that many low points. I also remember the day we lost Carrick, that was a bad one, and selling Berbatov. That was far worse than losing Modric.

Lasagne day was also a bad one. We didnt deserve that.

Back