• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What is worse..diving or fouling?

giving an attacker constant niggles sounds pretty careless to me, no?

Constant is different. That means more than once (quite a lot more than once actually) which suggests that less than that is within the rules.

Constant is different. That means more than once (quite a lot more than once actually) which suggests that less than that is within the rules.

sorry for the confusion, the term "constant" isnt in the laws. i just used the term to highlight my point. all i meant was that niggling an opponent is a foul.

"tackling an opponent to gain possession of the ball, making contact with the opponent before touching the ball" - This is described very clearly as being a foul by fifa

sorry for the confusion, the term "constant" isnt in the laws. i just used the term to highlight my point. all i meant was that niggling an opponent is a foul.

"tackling an opponent to gain possession of the ball, making contact with the opponent before touching the ball" - This is described very clearly as being a foul by fifa

That only refers to tackling a player who is in control of the ball. It doesn't mean that any contact between players is a foul which is what you appear to be suggesting.

Trying to hurt someone is the worst thing in football.

The most irritating thing is staying down "injured" even after a genuine foul. It breaks up the game and is infuriating to watch. For a master-class, see Drogba in Chelsea's home leg v Barcelona the year Chelsea won it (vomit). Every, single foul, he laid on the ground for an age as if hit by a bus.

And then they go and limp off, playing the old soldier, before sprinting on to the next pass.

It really is a game played by complete ponces. I am too far gone in the brain-washing stakes though, I just love Spurs.

That only refers to tackling a player who is in control of the ball. It doesn't mean that any contact between players is a foul which is what you appear to be suggesting.

i wasnt to be honest (and i think those who have been following this thread would agree). but in that case, where 2 players brush off each other innocuously, 50 yards away from the ball, nowhere near the action, i'd assume in most cases you would just ignore it under the current rules. as it would not be beneficial for either party for a stoppage in play, nor was any violent conduct committed.

It really is a game played by complete ponces. I am too far gone in the brain-washing stakes though, I just love Spurs.

i too have wondered many times why i, and others follow football. spending the amounts of time and money on the game. but at the end of the day, i am trapped, what can i do lol? :eek:

but i would replace "ponces" with "professionals". the way the rules stand and are applied, there is a "loophole" for this type of behavior, and if players didnt exploit it, they wouldnt be maximising their chances of winning the matches, and ultimately, earning potential.

I thought the yellow was correct. It was a clear dive. There was also contact so it should have been a penalty as well.

I think diving is considered worse because it is not part of the game, it is an embellishment with the sole purpose of cheating. On the other hand, tackling is a necessary part of the game, and just as a striker will miss opportunities (don't we know it), sometimes embarrassingly badly, a defender will mistime tackles, sometimes embarrassingly badly.

A deliberate foul is worse and should be dealt with much more harshly. Unfortunately, it's hard to tell intent, as otherwise I would advocate a red card for any deliberate foul. The problem is that an unfair red disrupts the game badly. I'd like to see the use of post match reviews to give retrospective reds. I'd accept some mistakes as unjust suspensions wouldn't affect the game as much and the threat might discourage some more reckless attempts to get the ball (i.e. intent to get the ball but in the knowledge they probably won't and will get the man as well).

If the action is to our advantage, then neither is a bad thing. What is bad is deliberately breaking someone else's leg or going in with the intent to cause long-term injuries. Nothing on-field deserves that, not even a leg-breaking tackle from an opponent.

Cynical fouls and diving, however, are some of the best tools available to stop counter-attacks and win games, respectively. We should use them to the limit.

This may well have already been posted but if not....isn't this the best dive ever?!?

[VINE]https://vine.co/v/On3vUw6WLp7[/VINE]

There would actually be a maximum of 36 shirt pulling penalties, each would be a yellow card offence, assuming the first 22 were handed out equally amongst the starting 11 of each side, then the 3 subs, you'd only need 5 more after that on one side for the game to be abandoned when they go below 7 players.

Back