• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wember-ley! Wember-ley!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its just pot luck what seat you get as members. We are in Block 508 Row 25... and we have just under 500 LP's, only about 80 members have more points than us

Which is a bit of a joke in itself tbh. Season ticket holders pick where they sit and then the members get random tickets based on.....randomness. The points should count for something, the best seats left should be given to the members with the highest points imo starting with people like you who have accrued a massive amount in spite of the reduction and recalculation.

So much for it being the fans final !!!!

Should be 40k to each team not 31.5k, tinkletake

I was being a bit facious about the 6k corporate tickets but there does seen to ne a big discrepancy somewhere, I think our executive ST (ie, Blachflower/Mabbut lounges) aren't included in the 21.5k ST holders but still get tickets. Told there is areound 2k of them as well.

i do know each football club in the football league get a batch of tickets each,capital one get a few and wembley members have their allocation,but still people with 165 mp should have had one due to the cull in points over the last couple of years.

I think its just pot luck what seat you get as members. We are in Block 508 Row 25... and we have just under 500 LP's, only about 80 members have more points than us

I know, mad isnt it. I am in the top 500 members for LPs & am only 5 rows from the back! Upside is that tickets are only £40.

There's bound to be a few returns. One might get lucky calling the ticket office a day or two before the final IIRC.

fudging three points off. And after reading what people had written I was feeling confident I would get one too.

At least I haven't bought plane tickets.

And I originally bought a ticket for the Sunderland-match, but then cancelled as I couldn't go after all. Those were the three points I needed. Unbelieavable.

Last edited:
fudgeing three points off. And after reading what people had written I was feeling confident I would get one too.

I wouldn't give up hope, being that close. There will almost certainly be at least a handful of returns. I think I recall them revising the cut-off down for a wembley game on at least one occasion in the recent past too. Can anyone else remember that?

I wouldn't give up hope, being that close. There will almost certainly be at least a handful of returns. I think I recall them revising the cut-off down for a wembley game on at least one occasion in the recent past too. Can anyone else remember that?
People with a ticket who aren't going won't return the ticket, will they? They will give it to someone they know or sell it privately for a ridiculous price.

I think this smells a little when the cut-off point is so much higher than everyone expected.

People with a ticket who aren't going won't return the ticket, will they? They will give it to someone they know or sell it privately for a ridiculous price.

I think this smells a little when the cut-off point is so much higher than everyone expected.

I agree the cut-off seems high.

At least some will return them. I'm not sure of how seriously the club treat such matters, but anybody selling on privately could be risking having their membership revoked - tickets sold on are very easily traceable back to members/season ticket holders, if reported. The club were quite hot on this a few years back, but as I said I'm not sure of the current climate on these things.

I missed out on the Portsmouth FA Cup semi final by 6 or 7 points but got a ticket through a return. I wouldn't give up hope mate!

The club really should publish how our allocation has been distributed. But a bit of openness is probably too much to hope for.

Which is a bit of a joke in itself tbh. Season ticket holders pick where they sit and then the members get random tickets based on.....randomness. The points should count for something, the best seats left should be given to the members with the highest points imo starting with people like you who have accrued a massive amount in spite of the reduction and recalculation.

In theory, this is supposed to be the way it works. At least in terms of the offical category of ticket - you and I could debate the difference between row 14 and row 40, but if they're in the same price category, then that's as far as the club will go in determining 'best' tickets available.

I think the 'randomness' element probably comes in from accomodating different sized groups applying together. For example, just from the handful of comments in this thread, I can identify one member with more lp's than me who has a lower category ticket than i've been allocated, and one with fewer points than me who has a better ticket....! However, they applied in groups of varying sizes, which the club tries to accomodate. I applied alone. I think this is possibly where apparent discrepancies can come into it.

Last edited:
In theory, this is supposed to be the way it works. At least in terms of the offical category of ticket - you and I could debate the difference between row 14 and row 40, but if they're in the same price category, then that's as far as the club will go in determining 'best' tickets available.

I think the 'randomness' element probably comes in from accomodating different sized groups applying together. For example, just from the handful of comments in this thread, I can identify one member with more lp's than me who has a lower category ticket, and one with fewer points than me who has a better ticket....! However, they applied in groups of varying sizes, which the club tries to accomodate. I applied alone. I think this is possibly where apparent discrepancies can come into it.

It is an awkward scenario from that point of view but I still think the club should make every effort to make sure those with the higher points get the better seats, if that means that people in a group all get to sit there as a default then I think that is fair enough if they are within the group applying.

Something isn't right about this. With the reductions in Members loyalty points over the past two seasons, the cut off should have been 40-50 points lower imo. It was around 175 for the final against Man Utd in 2009 before recalculations occurred.

Its the second time my brother has missed out, he missed out in 2008 by around 10 points and has missed out by 8 points this time.

I have always thought this is an unfairness of the (generally fair) loyalty point system. Members that are consistently just below the cut-off should rightly miss out most of the time but not every time. Members that are consistently just above the cut-off should get a ticket most of the time but should occasionally miss out. IMO!

I have always thought this is an unfairness of the (generally fair) loyalty point system. Members that are consistently just below the cut-off should rightly miss out most of the time but not every time. Members that are consistently just above the cut-off should get a ticket most of the time but should occasionally miss out. IMO!
So if you're below the cut off mark sometimes you should get a ticket thus stopping somebody who has earnt the right amount of points from getting what is rightfully theirs, er ok then o_Oo_O

Id love to see you try and explain the above to somebody who has 190 but isnt getting one because somebody on 184 is this time

Just had my Dear John email.......boooooooo
yep me too. Can't believe it - I keep thinking they've just "lost" a few thousand tickets down the back of a desk in the ticket office and when they find them they will lower the total loyalty points required. Haven't missed a Spurs game at Wembley since 1993 but did miss out on the Cardiff cup final back in 2002.

My husband is in, but me and our son have just had our rejection emails......I remember 2008 cup final getting in with 121 LP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back