• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

This is pretty much me as well. I actually value the fact that folks like @parklane1 et al have seen us actually win things, because outside of one moment of sheer happiness in 2008, I never have. My entire life as a Spurs fan has been watching us be the constant failures, bridesmaids, and footnotes to someone else's story.

And the worst of those days were in the early 2000s, when that lot were top of the heap with Wenger in his prime, while we were a bloody mess.

So, no way am I putting myself through that again if I can help it. For others who have seen us actually lift silverware in the pre-ENIC days when we still had a chance at that, maybe what Arsenal do is less of an issue - for those who haven't seen that, maybe all we have is schadenfreude. But, your opinions may vary.

How old are you yourself?

I’m 30 so was too young to remember the 99 win. All I have is 2008.

Did know it could be a rarity but am disappointed I’ve more than doubled in age and the only winner I’ve seen us get was a deflection of Woodys face 😂

It doesn't matter mate. That passes quickly because there's too many 'what ifs' to really keep that patter going. *If* we had beaten City, Villa would be more up for their game v Palace, etc.

Fact is the best case scenario would have seen us 3 points behind Villa heading into the final game - literally a point was all they needed to finish ahead of us.

It was always a long shot.

That was exactly my point. But it won't stop the incoming nonsense.

It doesn't matter mate. That passes quickly because there's too many 'what ifs' to really keep that patter going. *If* we had beaten City, Villa would be more up for their game v Palace, etc.

Fact is the best case scenario would have seen us 3 points behind Villa heading into the final game - literally a point was all they needed to finish ahead of us.

It was always a long shot.

But possible.

And now it’s not.

We didn’t need too many moments to go the other way last night to have got the points.

If Romero hadn’t been so weak against Foden, and Son so brick against their reserve keeper, it was on.

Palace have looked a much better team than Villa over the last month.

I'm responding to a narrative being pushed that i think is incorrect

I actually think the biggest narrative here has been spun by people who wanted us to lose to City to deny' them' the title. In the last week. I have been told (to be clear, not speficially by you obviously) that I 'obviously don't get the rivalry', that I am 'not proper Tottenham', and that 'it is clear from the message here who was born and raised in England and who wasn't'. I need not tell you I was royaly insulted by what became a series of insistant comments (being a born and bred Londoner). Where I take full responsibility is in the fact I allowed myself to get sucked into all this social media flimflam again. I have a choice and have been seemingly unable to fully disengage. I need to work on that.

Football is a global game. Most fans of any big club are not local.

Thats an inevitable result of its commercial success.

I actually think the biggest narrative here has been spun by people who wanted us to lose to City to deny' them' the title. In the last week. I have been told (to be clear, not speficially by you obviously) that I 'obviously don't get the rivalry', that I am 'not proper Tottenham', and that 'it is clear from the message here who was born and raised in England and who wasn't'. I need not tell you I was royaly insulted by what became a series of insistant comments (being a born and bred Londoner). Where I take full responsibility is in the fact I allowed myself to get sucked into all this social media flimflam again. I have a choice and have been seemingly unable to fully disengage. I need to work on that.
Ditched all social media a decade ago, Steff - here is as near as I get to it. Do yourself a favour and do the same. It’s a cesspool, and bad for anyone’s mental health.

Yeah it's not nice having your support called in to question is it? Perhaps you can understand then why I've taken offense to the multitude of posters on this actual messageboard who have been doing so over the last 48 hours towards those of us who wanted City to win? That style of posting is only coming from one side on here afterall, regardless of what has been flying around in the general social media space outside of here.

Ditched all social media a decade ago, Steff - here is as near as I get to it. Do yourself a favour and do the same. It’s a cesspool, and bad for anyone’s mental health.
Don’t really do Twitter or Facebook but had a peek today. Found myself getting wound up by crap and had to pull myself back from replying more than once.

It’s a fudging toilet inhabited by a lot of people who don’t know what they’re talking about, people who parrot cheap cliches and people who spin everything to push their preferred narrative.

The last 48 hours. He's deflecting. The last 48 hours really aren't the problem.

Maybe he should've reflected on why his team failed to turn up at Brighton, Fulham, Saudi Sportswashing Machine or Chelsea, or why they went 3-0 down at home to Arsenal and 4-0 down away at Anfield -- or why it is that throughout 2024, we've regularly been conceding the sort of goals you'd point and laugh at if they happened at schoolboy level.

Fourth spot was there for the taking, and he's failed to deliver. No point getting all tetchy about it now.

The last 48 hours. He's deflecting. The last 48 hours really aren't the problem.

Maybe he should've reflected on why his team failed to turn up at Brighton, Fulham, Saudi Sportswashing Machine or Chelsea, or why they went 3-0 down at home to Arsenal and 4-0 down away at Anfield -- or why it is that throughout 2024, we've regularly been conceding the sort of goals you'd point and laugh at if they happened at schoolboy level.

Fourth spot was there for the taking, and he's failed to deliver. No point getting all tetchy about it now.
And at the same time reflect on the positional inflexibility shown until the Emirates Marketing Project home game. And perhaps reflect on the fact that earlier in the season he said he won't tell the fanes what to feel. Until last night. I still believe in Ange and his 'project', but he's not the Messiah.

Yeah it's not nice having your support called in to question is it? Perhaps you can understand then why I've taken offense to the multitude of posters on this actual messageboard who have been doing so over the last 48 hours towards those of us who wanted City to win? That style of posting is only coming from one side on here afterall, regardless of what has been flying around in the general social media space outside of here.

I question the word support. Wanting your team to lose is not support of your team no matter how you spin it. Yes you might be supporters in every other game but not in that one. Unless they have changed the meaning of the word.

Football is a global game. Most fans of any big club are not local.

Thats an inevitable result of its commercial success.

What's that got to do with anything? I grew up in Sydney, started properly watching Spurs in 2000 right as the gooners started to win stuff again. I well remember them winning the league at WHL. Like fudge I want to experience that again. If that's sad and pathetic to you or anyone else, I don't care.

I question the word support. Wanting your team to lose is not support of your team no matter how you spin it. Yes you might be supporters in every other game but not in that one. Unless they have changed the meaning of the word.

I wasn't supporting us to win the match last night, but i was supporting the outcome that i believed to better all things considered.

Being a football supporter/fan isn't isolated to the 90 minutes a match is being played.

What's that got to do with anything? I grew up in Sydney, started properly watching Spurs in 2000 right as the gooners started to win stuff again. I well remember them winning the league at WHL. Like fudge I want to experience that again. If that's sad and pathetic to you or anyone else, I don't care.

It was in agreement with the post directly above it.

Indeed. Not into most of it but work dictates instagram and FB. Nothing else. Was never a twitter person. No, this has been largely within whats app groups and some of the posts here TBH...

Back