• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vlad Chiriches

Re: Official - Chiriches

So far, from what I've gathered he looks like Verts Mk2. That's both good and bad for him. It's good because he's a ready-made replacement for Verts should he get injured or lose form: we can put him in without worrying one bit about altering our shape or style of play.

However, it's also bad because we can't have two silky, ball-playing central defenders in a four-man back line: anarchy awaits should we go that way. We need one 'stopper', a big, strong, pacy lad who can clear up any emerging dangers quickly, and one ball-playing CB like Verts or Chiriches who can sweep up behind him collecting any through passes or loose balls and send it forward effectively. Hence, he's only got one spot to fight for.

Will be interesting to see how he gets on given this situation.

Yep i will go along with that more so if kaboul can not get fit again. I think we have a problem that dawson has no pace. I like a ball playing centre half next to a fast one, means that if you come up against a very fast striker you have insurance.

And when he got back to block the shot that was going in, although to have let it happen in the first place is a different story. All the Sheriff forward players looked dumbfounded for half that match; I don't know how they didn't end up putting one in the back of the net.

For me watching Chiriches has been a breath of fresh air in this dour **** we have been serving ip this season. Edge of the seat stuff, proper renegade.

Looks like bae mk2.

I like bae, though he is going to divide opinion as the flashier things he does will at some point lead to chances for the opposition.

Looks like bae mk2.

I like bae, though he is going to divide opinion as the flashier things he does will at some point lead to chances for the opposition.

I agree. Dare I say it, he reminds me a bit of David Luiz, skillful likes to get forward although not a liability defensively like Luiz.

He went from sublime one minute to dodgy the next. Looks like he could be a good signing, but some are going a bit OTT that's my take anyway.

We are going to hear the phrase "...if he got that wrong" quite often I feel, but as long as he doesn't then looks a quality player.

For me watching Chiriches has been a breath of fresh air in this dour **** we have been serving ip this season. Edge of the seat stuff, proper renegade.

=D> exactly

he has done very well so far

Highlights of Vlad last night...

[video=youtube;C50bPdcdKlI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C50bPdcdKlI&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Considering what a cautious type of manager AVB is, the signing of a maverick defender like Chiriches does seem a bit out of character but we haven't conceded when he's played and he was probably our most entertaining player last night to boot! Think he'll need to bulk up a bit if he wants to be a regular starter in Premier League games but he seems to read the game quite well so hopefully he'll prove to be less gaffe prone than say Luiz.

He got nice skills alright but I always prefer a safety-first defending. His over-head clearance looks nice but it is too risky to do in defence. Also I thought he made a few unforced errors which put our goal in risk. But since he is still new, he got a lot of time to improve on that.

think its easier to weed out unnecessary risk taking than get CBs to play more technically. thought he did well last night, and looked speedier than verts and daws to me (no hard facts to support), welcome addition and option.

My biggerst concern about our centre backs is that only Vertonghen looks comfortable on the left. I think that part of the problem with the Dawson Kaboul parternship is that Dawson was moved to the left hand side where he is far less comfortable. I see the same problem with Chiriches.

My biggerst concern about our centre backs is that only Vertonghen looks comfortable on the left. I think that part of the problem with the Dawson Kaboul parternship is that Dawson was moved to the left hand side where he is far less comfortable. I see the same problem with Chiriches.

Chiriches played LCB for Steaua though.

XORqgq9.gif

he is not daws but he is not verts or BAE either.
chiriches is still young and but has better touch than daws, faster than verts, and has better ability to go forwards with the ball at his feet compared to BAE.

Back