• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vlad Chiriches

Re: Official - Chiriches

Mumorn I've just been watching that for about 5 mins! \o/

The best bit is not the flick over but the way he just turns on the spot and the ball lands at his foot for a touch. Smooooth.

Last edited:

Maybe its the laid back style or the body movements but he keeps reminding me of what it would look like if Berbatov played at the back...

Mumorn I've just been watching that for about 5 mins! \o/

The best bit is not the flick over but the way he just turns on the spot and the ball lands at his foot for a touch. Smooooth.
Like I said 3 months ago, a meteorite can land on the field in front of him and he wouldn't even raise an eyebrow, he will only look for a way to dribble it...

Can you imagine how many outrageous things he must attempt/do in training? :ross:

Can you imagine how many outrageous things he must attempt/do in training? :ross:

As long as he does them in training I have no problem. I do have a problem with his lackadaisical approach today though. Got caught out at least three times and had to resort to fouls; one of them could have been a sending off if Dawson was not covering.

As long as he does them in training I have no problem. I do have a problem with his lackadaisical approach today though. Got caught out at least three times and had to resort to fouls; one of them could have been a sending off if Dawson was not covering.

Oh well. Another clean sheet with him playing. Can't be all bad....

Oh well. Another clean sheet with him playing. Can't be all bad....

I'm not sure how much of that is down to him. Lloris has been bloody brilliant this season and has got us out of jail on numerous occasions.

Chriches is David Luiz mk II. Some moments of sublime skill followed by poor defending. Very, very early days though so I'm not writing the guy off.

I remember that, where would you expect dawson to be when a single guy of the opposition was attacking us ? I think that was the only time Vlad got in trouble tonight and he got a yellow card. The rest is just talk, another clean sheet, and a solid performance. Stop blazing defenders when we get clean sheets, the defense is not the problem, of course there are some moments when they are not 100% like Vlad there and Dawson faulting at 16 yard line in the final 10 sec of the game. We got a clean sheet and that's that. We should look at other parts of our game to point out problems, unfortunately we have enough of them, midfield and attack isn't that pretty...

Don't think Chiriches did much wrong today tbh. One silly mistake that he received a booking when he tried to correct it but otherwise not too bad.

Don't think Chiriches did much wrong today tbh. One silly mistake that he received a booking when he tried to correct it but otherwise not too bad.

Losing possession near the corner flag and allowing a dangerous Hull cross from our left is another; also got caught dallying in no man's land on a couple of occasions. Hope Rose is back next week. Vlad against Lukaku will be a massacre.

Pretty much any of our defenders except perhaps Kaboul against Lukaku will likely be a massacre. We'll have to make sure he just gets as little of the ball as possible because the 3 fit ones can all get bullied pretty easily imo by powerful strikers.

Looks so. Loopy composed and comfortable it's scary for a defender

Not our answer against bruisers but I'm growing to really like him

I haven't seen much of him, but he looks like a proper Spurs player. I like him.

Losing possession near the corner flag and allowing a dangerous Hull cross from our left is another; also got caught dallying in no man's land on a couple of occasions. Hope Rose is back next week. Vlad against Lukaku will be a massacre.

You forget that players (especially new ones) are used to play in a certain system and they have to learn everything from scratch. He relies on his team mates when he tries to go for risky challenges or bring the ball forward for example, but they still need to learn to anticipate his moves and cover if needed. It's pretty similar to reading your striker and passing the ball into channels.
IMO Vlad played another solid game and had great percentages (won most of his headers too) and it's clean sheet #5 with him in the lineup. :)

Compare him with the rest of the new faces on board and don't forget, we all make mistakes, we are people.
To me, it's still early days, but we should be less critical to our players. Nobody, not even Southampton or Liverpool have had to integrate so many new faces and/or play 4 competitions as we do.

for me he was the best player on the pitch for us! he cleared up just about every attack Hull had ... He looks like he will be a big player for us

The guy to Ginola's point reminds me of Berbs playing as a defender.

He's got the toolset, and while a few people of compared him to Luiz (who I think just has brain farts at random points), I think Vlad is adapting to the pace and continuous pressure of PL, once he gets accustomed to it, think he will be fine.

Tactically, I think AVB wants one of Vlad/Verts in CB role, so when we are up the pitch against a team parking the bus, they can add to the attack with technical ability.

Re the Lukaku comment, most defenders will have a hard time with him, that's when we want Kaboul.

Vlad will definitely get caught out at some point being flash on the ball in the wrong area, and we will be punished for it.
Hopefully, though, it will only be the once, and then he will learn not to do it again.In theory it is a lot harder to teach a defender to be cultured on the ball, than it is to iron out a few dodgy tendencies.

Watching him play, though, I wonder whether he wouldn't be a better bet at DM. His defensive work would be fine, and he would have license to get forward.

Vlad will definitely get caught out at some point being flash on the ball in the wrong area, and we will be punished for it.
Hopefully, though, it will only be the once, and then he will learn not to do it again.In theory it is a lot harder to teach a defender to be cultured on the ball, than it is to iron out a few dodgy tendencies.

Watching him play, though, I wonder whether he wouldn't be a better bet at DM. His defensive work would be fine, and he would have license to get forward.

We don't really need another DM though ...

Promising game from Vlad yesterday, but he was too laidback on more than one occation. He was lucky that Hull weren't able to capitalise on his errors. Hopefully this is down to Vlad adapting to the tempo of the PL - once he realises he has to constantly be alert, I think he will be fine. But I'm sure we will see at least one major error from him leading to a conceeded goal at some point, which hopefully won't affect his confidence too much. I also hope people don't turn on him when this happens.

He looks very comfortable on the ball though, and very good going forward. Liking what I see.

Back