• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vlad Chiriches

Re: Official - Chiriches

He is silky on the ball. Loves the chop skill. Won a free kick when he dribbled all the way from defence. Got some skillz

He is silky on the ball. Loves the chop skill. Won a free kick when he dribbled all the way from defence. Got some skillz

Spurs fans love a defender with silky skills. In the future I would like to see us go after a nonsense type like Kompany (not Kompany himself I know we aren't good enough to get him, but someone like him).

We now have 2 skilfull defenders really good on the ball.........Vlad and Jan...

He could prove a very important adition to our Team!

Spurs fans love a defender with silky skills. In the future I would like to see us go after a nonsense type like Kompany (not Kompany himself I know we aren't good enough to get him, but someone like him).

when fit, we have a balance

Skills -> Vert & Vlad
Power/Physicality -> Kaboul & Dawson

Kompany is a rarity, top tier defender that would walk in most sides.

Not sure if been posted but....

13829933168231.jpg
emehyma3.jpg

Promising game from Vlad yesterday, but he was too laidback on more than one occation. He was lucky that Hull weren't able to capitalise on his errors. Hopefully this is down to Vlad adapting to the tempo of the PL - once he realises he has to constantly be alert, I think he will be fine. But I'm sure we will see at least one major error from him leading to a conceeded goal at some point, which hopefully won't affect his confidence too much. I also hope people don't turn on him when this happens.

He looks very comfortable on the ball though, and very good going forward. Liking what I see.
You know he's already been involved in 6 matches for Spurs, 5 playing the whole came and one 45 minutes from the bench. An error leading to a goal scored has not been made, now to think of it few errors have been made really. If he keeps this up probably Dawson or Verts would make one before him while you expect Vlad to do it :D

Erm, was he the one marking McShane?? 8-[

bbc report reckons it was him... "Instead McShane put his side ahead for the first time after outjumping Vlad Chiriches"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24633791

My stream was jumpy too, was temporarily down when they scored that goal.

Thought he had a good game other than that, although it was difficult to make too fine a judgement based on the stream. I do love how good he is on the ball and generally has good decision-making - just the odd momemnt so far when he thinks he can get away with it every time. With time and more adaptation he'll iron those out I think.

I think it's one of the great myths in football punditry that defenders and attackers at corners and set-pieces are 50/50. So, it's always "the defender was outjumped by the attacker".

This is really not correct. Most of the time, the defender has a standing start when going for the ball, while the attacker - McShane last night for eg - has the massive advantage of momentum. That gives the attacker a clear edge.

The way a defending team can remedy that imbalance:

a) Hope the corner lacks quality and the ball doesn't get in the danger area
b) Hope the keeper can snatch it
c) Hope the ball fortuitously finds the head of a defender before an attacker
d) Hope the attacker misses the chance when it comes to him

....most of the time, one of those 4 things happens. But sometimes the ball is right on the spot and hits the attacker as he advances and forcing the defender to jump from a standing start against him. My willingness to accept defender fault in these specific cases is limited.

I was at the game and it looked to me to be exactly the area where Friedel should have collected/punched it. Felt if Lloris was playing both goals would've been avoided

I was at the game and it looked to me to be exactly the area where Friedel should have collected/punched it. Felt if Lloris was playing both goals would've been avoided

I thought exactly the same but would he have saved the penalties ? Chiriches plays like a frustrated centre forward to me, he should keep it a bit simpler, entertaining though.

I still think Vlad would make a great holding midfielder in the Sandro + 1 position.
He defends and attacks effectively, and looks better going forward than Paulinho (although it may just be because no one is marking him).
And we already have Verts/Kaboom/Dawson for CB, so we are not short there.

Vlad's mazy dribbling skills look a bit wasted on the CB position.

I still think Vlad would make a great holding midfielder in the Sandro + 1 position.
He defends and attacks effectively, and looks better going forward than Paulinho (although it may just be because no one is marking him).
And we already have Verts/Kaboom/Dawson for CB, so we are not short there.

Vlad's mazy dribbling skills look a bit wasted on the CB position.

sweeper in a 3-5-2......

Back