• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vlad Chiriches

Re: Official - Chiriches

Three matches.

Three different competitions.

The full 90 minutes played in each game.

And no goals conceded.

Would like to see him against a decent team that will actually attack.

Good matches for Vlad until now, working his way nice and steady towards being a real option for the A team. Like Yiddo said I would like to see him against better opposition, but don't see a reason why he wouldn't do good against it. In defense he has speed, positioning, a class tackle and seems to do well in the air winning battles or bothering the attacker. In offense he gives real options to the attack, he is able to give a good long ball and comes out with the ball freeing space for the midfielders.

So far, from what I've gathered he looks like Verts Mk2. That's both good and bad for him. It's good because he's a ready-made replacement for Verts should he get injured or lose form: we can put him in without worrying one bit about altering our shape or style of play.

However, it's also bad because we can't have two silky, ball-playing central defenders in a four-man back line: anarchy awaits should we go that way. We need one 'stopper', a big, strong, pacy lad who can clear up any emerging dangers quickly, and one ball-playing CB like Verts or Chiriches who can sweep up behind him collecting any through passes or loose balls and send it forward effectively. Hence, he's only got one spot to fight for.

Will be interesting to see how he gets on given this situation.

ifdT6ifeLuc5e.gif

Four matches.

Three different competitions.

The full 90 minutes played in each game.

And no goals conceded.

Sandro has an even better record :D

Chiriches looks like he has good potential, excellent on the ball but still needs to develop his defensive game further. I think he could be excellent for us in the future though.

Chiriches looks like he has good potential, excellent on the ball but still needs to develop his defensive game further. I think he could be excellent for us in the future though.

6 matches
6 wins
0 goals conceded

I think THFC6061 was trying to make another point, Chiriches is a CB he has more responsibility than Sandro on the defensive end. And despite of Vlad's, lets say pro-ball style, there were no big threats and we did not get scored upon. He handled himself very well in the air, when people were sceptical about that part of his game.

The lad was scouted for a reason - going to be very important long term.

Iulian - where in Romania are you from? I have a question.

Okay, you may too far from my place of interest... How much do you know about Popescu's place of birth Calafat? (apart from the bridge lol)

Okay, you may too far from my place of interest... How much do you know about Popescu's place of birth Calafat? (apart from the bridge lol)
Well i know it's location obviously and the fact that it is a small town with under 20 000 people. What exactly interests you about it?

Funny that Strachan was reminded about the Gazza goal against Scotland because the Chiriches flick reminded me.
Unforgettable-led to the goal and it could have been a straightforward back pass.

thought Chiriches looked like he has great potential - quick, calm, tall(ish), good on the ball, good tackler....though was a bit of a liability at times.

Back