• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vlad Chiriches

Re: Chiriches official

they can have Chiriches in Jan if Mata is allowed to join us :-"

Yep. Seems like the Becali's don't really have a black sheep in their family. None of them really think before opening their gob.

Unless they have some sinister hold over Chiriches then he'd be as well shot of this guy and get a respectable agent. Hmm...I sure there's one somewhere.

I can only put it down to footballer stupidity - not Vlad specifically at all, but footballers in general - that they continue to have agents at all. If I was in their position, I'd simply pay a lawyer to negotiate on my behalf on a flat fee for contracts and other technical stuff. Stop the salami-slicing of money these agents are so expert at. If I recall correctly, Roy Keane used a lawyer like this in his career rather than a classic agent.

I can only put it down to footballer stupidity - not Vlad specifically at all, but footballers in general - that they continue to have agents at all. If I was in their position, I'd simply pay a lawyer to negotiate on my behalf on a flat fee for contracts and other technical stuff. Stop the salami-slicing of money these agents are so expert at. If I recall correctly, Roy Keane used a lawyer like this in his career rather than a classic agent.

Depends a lot on their situation. Agents aren't only involved in contract negotiations, sponsorships and other types of marketing stuff. Agents can also be very important for transfers. It's fine for someone like Roy Keane who is a high profile successful footballer at a big club to do his own thing. For someone lower profile that might be looking for a move sometime soon an agent can make a big difference I think.

The somewhat idealized idea of a sporting director, scout or manager identifying a player based on scouting reports and their own research and then going after that player as the right one for the club is a nice one, but quite often not congruent with reality I think. Agents, and their connections, play a major role - for better or for worse. But that's the game these days and that's part of what a footballer has to deal with.

Depends a lot on their situation. Agents aren't only involved in contract negotiations, sponsorships and other types of marketing stuff. Agents can also be very important for transfers. It's fine for someone like Roy Keane who is a high profile successful footballer at a big club to do his own thing. For someone lower profile that might be looking for a move sometime soon an agent can make a big difference I think.

The somewhat idealized idea of a sporting director, scout or manager identifying a player based on scouting reports and their own research and then going after that player as the right one for the club is a nice one, but quite often not congruent with reality I think. Agents, and their connections, play a major role - for better or for worse. But that's the game these days and that's part of what a footballer has to deal with.

Yeah, that's a fair point about lower-level players looking to move up.

I argee with you completely but most footballers aren't like that. Michael Owen revealed recently he had no idea how to make a cup of tea even. You can imagine agents take care of everything in some players lifes.
Not many top players would be happy with Keane's boot deal with Diadora.

Romanian legend Hagi looks like he still has it :eek: =D>

[video=youtube;q_HUZtCwxfQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=q_HUZtCwxfQ[/video]

Re: Official - Chiriches

Very assured performance from Chiriches tonight.

I think the lad will be just fine for Spurs.

Very assured performance from Chiriches tonight.

I think the lad will be just fine for Spurs.

Not sure about "very assured", thought he had some really shaky moments in the first half. One where he mistimed his jump/clearance for a slightly awkward lofted ball. He ended up having to make a tackle dribble past a couple of players and almost losing it in the process iirc. Had he connected with the ball initially the situation would have been over. He also got done too easily for the easy ball over the top at least once, if not twice.

In a half of football where we were dominant that's not quite good enough to be very assured in my book. Looked better in the second half, some risky decision making, but he got away with it. Looks like a real Spurs player in that regard as has been pointed out.

Looks really good one on one defensively when the ball is on the deck and very promising overall. Still needs a couple more games like these before he's ready to be thrown into the PL I think.

Just doing what he gets paid for. If you have a chat with a manager touting your player and the manager says 'Maybe we will see how he does at Tottenham', it naturally is transferred into print looking a bit like that tosh.

In that case it seems that just about none of our other new signings in recent years have gotten their money's worth from their agents. I at least can't remember any comments like that from the agents representing our other new players.

Hopefully his lack of height won't be too much of a hindrance, as the guy is a good tackler and has great skills for a CB

Chris Perry was a short centre back, but he had none of the flair or skills.

What was the Portuguese chap, signed from nowhere, also short... Ramos Jamos Chamot Ramon... he was poor

Hopefully his lack of height won't be too much of a hindrance, as the guy is a good tackler and has great skills for a CB

What was the Portuguese chap, signed from nowhere, also short... Ramos Jamos Chamot Ramon... he was poor

Ramon Vega? He was Swiss. And quality in Street Fighter II.

Ricardo Rocha? Was a strange one, was excellent against United in Europe before we signed him, but looked average at best for us.

It's partly down to playing style of the team. If we spend a lot of time pressing high up the pitch then a player that is weaker in the air and better along the ground makes more sense than the opposite.

And although it seems accurate that Vlad isn't the best in the air I think he's significantly better in the air than Perry and Rocha.

Back