• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vlad Chiriches

Re: Chiriches official

He'll be great when he gets settled. Was a bit nervous tonight I thought early on, but settled later. His run up the pitch was great. Looks a very Spurs player.

Finally, someone with a positive review! :)

I've seen him play against teams that would've thrashed Villa tonight and he wasn't even close to his potential. People seem to keep forgetting this was his first game and there was added pressure on Vlad to deliver as everybody has high hopes for him, including himself and AVB. He clearly wasn't himself in that first half, but kept his cool and had a balanced second half, even when playing out of position. Oh and btw (and I'm not taking sides), we've seen little of Lamela to date, so yeah, give the young guys a breather and some time to get used to English football.

What's disappointing is that I see Vlad getting bashed right off the gate as opposed to the patience people have with Lamela - who is without a doubt a great talent and prospect for the future.
And to add to that..the team is winning match after match despite these sub-par performances..so let's just take one game at a time...there's something great waiting around the corner.

COYS

Last edited:

yes but there is a big difference in quality between the leagues.....losing the ball because of his dribbling against Botosani cannot be compared with if he did the same against lets say Fulham. Mistakes are more harshly punished in the PL

good debut overall though. There is talent there and he will improve in time
You clearly have a point there, but what i was trying to say is 90% of the time his dribbling run is successful and he starts a dangerous attack having already taken out a big part of the other team. He gives counterattack a new meaning by not passing the ball just driving it forward with authority. When he does loose the ball, he does not loose it in a place where is immediate danger, so the team have enough time to regroup. Like Eriksen, he comes from a team that is used to winning and bossing other teams, so the confidence is there.

yes but there is a big difference in quality between the leagues.....losing the ball because of his dribbling against Botosani cannot be compared with if he did the same against lets say Fulham. Mistakes are more harshly punished in the PL

good debut overall though. There is talent there and he will improve in time
He has already played a double with Chelsea and one with Ajax and did not loose the ball once, so i don't think Fulham is a reason to panic tbh

As I posted in the match thread - it was nice to see 2 cultured CBs playing alongside each other. There wasn't really anything that made think 'oh no!' - it is his first game and he looks like her has some potential in him. We can also play him alongside players like Kaboul and Daws who are good in the air (letting Vlad do the ground work).

Finally, someone with a positive review! :)

I've seen him play against teams that would've thrashed Villa tonight and he wasn't even close to his potential. People seem to keep forgetting this was his first game and there was added pressure on Vlad to deliver as everybody has high hopes for him, including himself and AVB. He clearly wasn't himself in that first half, but kept his cool and had a balanced second half, even when playing out of position. Oh and btw (and I'm not taking sides), we've seen little of Lamela to date, so yeah, give the young guys a breather and some time to get used to English football.

What's disappointing is that I see Vlad getting bashed right off the gate as opposed to the patience people have with Lamela - who is without a doubt a great talent and prospect for the future.
And to add to that..the team is winning match after match despite these sub-par performances..so let's just take one game at a time...there's something great waiting around the corner.

COYS

Honestly, I would not be surprised if Vlad wins the spot beside Vertonghen by season's end. Daws is great, but vulnerable on form, while Kaboul's perennial injury issues are a source of genuine long term concern. The spot is there for Vlad to pinch if he wants it.

I thought Vlad looked very classy. He definitely had some nerves but that is to be expected. That run up the field in the second half was brilliant very Spurs esque, he looks very calm on the ball looking forward to seeing more of him

Honestly, I would not be surprised if Vlad wins the spot beside Vertonghen by season's end. Daws is great, but vulnerable on form, while Kaboul's perennial injury issues are a source of genuine long term concern. The spot is there for Vlad to pinch if he wants it.
I have the same opinion with you on that one. They will probably be great together when you have most of the possession and dominating the match, don't know if it's a good idea to have them together against teams like man utd,city and chelski though...

I love the look of Vlad. Only thing I want to ask is, if a big burly team like West Ham decide to stick Carroll on him and target Vlad all game, can be cope? Or can the team do something to make sure it doesn't matter so much?

I'm not sure if Vlad and Vertonghen are the most suited together, since neither are especially aerially powerful; I think either one of them would work better with a strong blocker in Kaboul or Dawson. Vlad comes across as so inherently attacking-oriented that I think he'd do best with a Vidic-style CB partner - a CB who is no-nonsense, incredibly dominant in the air, defend-the-goal-with-his-life in style for most games; Vlad meanwhile would provide the passing platform to launch attacks from the back.

As wonderful as he is, Vertonghen is getting a little exhausted - he even admitted it in his latest interview, since he had to play on Sunday too - so I can see Vlad coming in for him in some of the easier/less-critical games for now. We're putting too much pressure on Verts at the moment since he pretty much has to marshall our entire backline, with our LB so young and Walker still a bit prone to odd moments, and we play a high line that requires intense concentration and speed.

...he wasn't even close to his potential.
... He clearly wasn't himself in that first half

What's disappointing is that I see Vlad getting bashed right off the gate

He wasn't getting bashed mate, people were just saying "that action right there [the pass or whatever] wasn't very good"

They weren't saying he is rubbish or won't come good, get some balance man.

You are like Ganter and his Gylfi Sigurdsson obsession, or CharlieYid and his Lloris love-in.

CharlieYid has been giving Lloris some stick lately to be fair :lol:

none coem close to midomanlover though

He wasn't getting bashed mate, people were just saying "that action right there [the pass or whatever] wasn't very good"

They weren't saying he is rubbish or won't come good, get some balance man.

You are like Ganter and his Gylfi Sigurdsson obsession, or CharlieYid and his Lloris love-in.

That's actually not true. I wasn't talking about that kind of comments at all, but I've seen a few were people would just call him rubbish after seeing him play in one half.

That's actually not true. I wasn't talking about that kind of comments at all, but I've seen a few were people would just call him rubbish after seeing him play in one half.

You're Romanian right? English isn't your first language is it?

I wonder if you're getting was and is mixed up. In the first half he WAS rubbish but it doesnt mean he is rubbish, I saw enough of him in that game to know he's a good footballer!

You're Romanian right? English isn't your first language is it?

I wonder if you're getting was and is mixed up. In the first half he WAS rubbish but it doesnt mean he is rubbish, I saw enough of him in that game to know he's a good footballer!

You may have a point there :)
In other news, we're 9/10 on the W/L column. I think top4 won't even be in doubt if we keep this up!

Looking forward to seeing more of this lad. Shaky start, but in fairness he has probably had only a handful of training sessions with his defensive team mates and he probably spent the night second guessing the DF playbook.

You can search a thread for mentions of Chiriches. In the first half we had these comments:

chiriches is all over the place. poor from him so far

Again a strange pass from Chiriches... he really needs to calm down and play it simple
I believe he is good because so many people said he was good and will be a huge loss to Steau, but so far he ain't showing it
- Bit of a flop?
- - Sell him. Or better still burn him.
- - - And his family?
- - - - Of course. I think he is Kaiser Soze.

Chiriches is having a mare.

In a nutshell, Spurs are the better team but our performance is disjointed because we've played quite a few Dawson long balls, mainly Chiriches and Paulinho

Chiriches chanelling his inner Dawson

Hope we kept the receipt for Chiriches

Only the last one implies he is no good at all, the rest are just comments on how he is playing so far, plus sarcasm about burning him which you may have taken for real?

You can search a thread for mentions of Chiriches. In the first half we had these comments:

Again a strange pass from Chiriches... he really needs to calm down and play it simple
I believe he is good because so many people said he was good and will be a huge loss to Steau, but so far he ain't showing it
- Bit of a flop?
- - - And his family?

In a nutshell, Spurs are the better team but our performance is disjointed because we've played quite a few Dawson long balls, mainly Chiriches and Paulinho

Only the last one implies he is no good at all, the rest are just comments on how he is playing so far, plus sarcasm about burning him which you may have taken for real?

I wrote that and I meant every word of it.

- Bit of a flop?
- - - And his family?

Ok, I may have overreacted, no need to open Pandora's box. Point taken :)

Back